Petrol at $3 a litre

Ye black stuff.......

Acey,

by any chance, could you tell me and the other readers where we could go about investigating the world oil market?. I (if no one else is as well) am interested in looking into this a little closer than I have thus far.

Qaz,

There's lots of different angles to the world oil market.

What precisely do you want to investigate?

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Hi Guys

Theses are the taxes we pay on every litre of petrol in NZ:

Meanwhile, the association(AA) said the total tax and levies on petrol now amounted to 62.42c on a 132.9c litre of 91 octane. That was made up of:

* Crown account 18.71c.

* Land transport fund 22.49c.

* ACC levy 5.78c.

* Petroleum fuels monitoring levy 0.025c.

* Local authority petroleum tax 0.66.

* GST (based on 132.9c pump price) 17.76c.

Regards

Jym,

Those fees add up to 65.425c ....

And don't forget that governments also double and triple dip on the taxes as the oil passes through the process from pulling it out of the ground and refining it.

They take a % at the well head (plus tax the company), more at the refinery, and so on.

But even with all these, frankly the taxes on petrol consumption are much too low.

If you take into account the environmental damage, health costs and costs of cleaning up after cars and trucks (removing the roads and returning the land to its natural state as many companies have to do for other operations these days), we only pay a fraction of the price we should.

It's the same with the true cost of other resources such as water.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Just and observation, that the recent attack in London demonstrates Al Queda is still alive and active enough to coordiante chaos. :(

With the risk proven it cannot help reduction in Oil.

Terrible to consider but those large container ships have a staff of 20 or less and may well be easily overrun and driven into an offshore oil well.

Economic and ecological disaster. :mad:

With sadness, Peter 147

Oil running out

qaz said:
Acey,

by any chance, could you tell me and the other readers where we could go about investigating the world oil market?. I (if no one else is as well) am interested in looking into this a little closer than I have thus far.

Hi qaz,

there is plenty of information out there here is just a couple of links I looked up today:
http://www.iags.org/n0331043.htm

Even the Saudies are now admitting they are going to have trouble meeting global demand, which was unthinkable for them to make such a statement a few years ago.
http://www.forbes.com/business/feeds/afx/2005/07/07/afx2126990.html

This is not like it was back in the 70's when it was political reasons for high energy costs we are now looking at a lack of supply being the driving force.

Three dollar/lt petrol is the least thing to worry about if these guys who voted on a Peak Oil chat site know what they're talking about:

View previous topic :: View next topic

I believe Peak Oil will probably be...
0) ... revealed as a myth or conspiracy / alternatively "peak what?" 0% [ 0 ]
1) ... passed as a virtual non-event, and won't create any real turmoil 1% [ 1 ]
2) ... difficult, but manageable, many people will hurt, but society itself continues 8% [ 7 ]
3) ... an economic catastrophe, but society will largely recover within a decade or two 14% [ 12 ]
4) ... a global calamity, but most of us will survive somehow and eventually learn to adjust 33% [ 27 ]
5) ... the cause of massive human dieoff, society as we know it will not exist within decades 38% [ 31 ]
6) ... the end of everything, welcome to the stone age 3% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 81

Maybe methane gas from cows backsides can be the answer. Just attach a cow to your car and a methane combustion engine and WHAALAA! :p

Something positive

Check out this site on adding acetone to your fuel tank.

http://www.lubedev.com/smartgas/additive.htm

Some of the members of the forum I was reading have been testing this and while a few seemed to have used too much and got poor results, all say their car ran better. A couple are also adding it to their heating oil.

I'm going to try it out for sure.

RC

Jym,

A US gallon = 3.785 litres.

Therefore the petrol (or gas as they call it) price would be between AU$0.65 and AU$1.15.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Back