Recommended Tradies and Other Useful Contacts

great, thanks Ms Jade.

i sand & polish timber floors and have been in the industry for 11 years now and although im currently sub contracting to a larger company 5-6 days a week i often do extra work on my weekends. Im located in the western suburbs of melbourne but work pretty much anywhere. im also happy just to offer advice to anyone on the forum, just shoot me a pm :)

For gyprock plastering in the Canberra region contact
Proline Plastering on 0414 403 026.
They do renovation and repairs along with new homes.

Good painter or decorator in sydney?

Wondering,

Does anyone have any recommendations for:

1) a interior decorator
2) painter

in Sydney.

Also why are they good? price? quality?

Want to it before I get a valuation and renting out our townhouse in Campsie NSW.

Need the contact ASAP (next 1-3 weeks). Thanks.

Anyone have Sydney recommendations for:

A good timber venetians / blinds place in Sydney Hills District or Upper North Shore.

A good floor polishing guy, would also have to replace some particle board with cypress pine, again upper north shore / hills district.

hey guys

im a caulker/waterproofer by trade, need anywork done my number is 0411826926 or just shoot me a pm on here.

i do commercial & residential works.
i work on precast panels, bathrooms, masonry blockwork, hebel panels & windows

i live on mornington peninsula also.

thanks

Nick.

Doesn't tradies advertising themselves defeat the purpose of this thread? How do we know that they are any better than the average tradie?
I'm sure that if you asked all tradies whether they were good, the vast majority would say that they are.

I don't mean to imply that people advertising there services on here are bad, but I thought it was meant to be a positive feedback thread.

This marcello bloke is popping up everywhere on this forum.

To all members who used marcello, was he the best and cheapest out of the lot?Why did you choose marcello?

Hi Maza,

Yes ive used Marcello on numerous occasions, though you need to get hold of him as he is pretty flat out, rates are reasonsable to fair but quality is a 10! LIKE THE SAYING GOES YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET. i found his web site have a sticky beak its www.cfsau.com. Hope this helps . :)

Cheers

Donald

Some of these recomended tradies are no longer in biz.

For example rang two tilers that were recommended, one stopped tiling 1 year ago and the other only does commercial work.

But great thread anyhow.

between 55 & 65 for tiling depends on job. i supplied materials at one job but its much easier for tradies to get it. But obviously you'd do your homework and have an idea of material prices. Price on materials have never been included in labour price for any trade. Hope thats helped a bit.

Theres another guy that i use also his name is Daniel - 0417 251 979.

There are a couple of people asking about painters in Sydney. I had a painter give me a quote for the interior of my PPOR last week, the price was really good and they (two man operation) were really friendly and good with advice regarding colours, repairs etc.
Anyway they are coming in a couple of weeks, I'll let everyone know how I go. If they are good I'm happy to give them a plug.

The following tiler tiled my kitchen in Western Sydney:

Macca
Tilestra

Did a great job.

I paid $55 per square meter including materials other than tiles.

$55 per square metre?

Hang on a minute, let me get my glasses for a minute.

I got 4 well recommended tilers in sydney and there charging $38-$40 per sqm even with materials.

I know most ppl say atleast get 3 quotes, but with me, i always get 5-10 tradies to give me quotes.

Back