Recs for property in Perth

Am heading to Perth for a week.
Will do a quick recce on property whilst I'm there.
Any recs?
Will see the CBD, Rossmoyne and Bull's Creek I hope.
Don't have any budget or anything, I'm just doing the recce whilst on holiday really.

Am heading to Perth for a week.
Will do a quick recce on property whilst I'm there.
Any recs?
Will see the CBD, Rossmoyne and Bull's Creek I hope.
Don't have any budget or anything, I'm just doing the recce whilst on holiday really.

I think if you are buying now its a bit of hit and miss, because the rising market started at least 2.5 years ago, now we are seeing sideways with rents falling off.

You will need to provide info on oyur strategy, price point etc

Otherwise its a no brainers you go to QLD for growth probably north and a radius of 6-8 km from city.

MTR:)

Haha, sorry, thought i mentioned in my opening post - am holidaying in Perth, so will view property at the same time. No real strategy at this stage.
Realistically, prob budget would be 500k, if i ever bought there.

Well first have a good time.

Second check out the various types of things we do here which is a little different. Check out an infill suburb close to where you are staying. Be astonished how double garages on 3 x 2s are the done things. See if you can find one of the new small resi apartment blocks.

Then go find a lesser todo area and see what that is like. The yield may be better.

Then go see a potential rezoning area.

Thanks Westminster.
I had a think about it. If i like Perth, i could consider moving there for work.
First step would be to rent.
If i were to purchase, if i can get a nice house in Perth, why not. Rossmoyne is said to be a blue chip suburb, yet so much cheaper than the same in Sydney.

Haha, sorry, thought i mentioned in my opening post - am holidaying in Perth, so will view property at the same time. No real strategy at this stage.
Realistically, prob budget would be 500k, if i ever bought there.

Have a great time in Perth! We love it here :)

Don't think $500k will go far in Rossmoyne nor Bull Creek. I had that budget for PPOR 7 years ago and I couldn't get a decent 4x2 then :p

How do they do infill houses in other cities, Westminster? Have only seen Perth ones :D

Different construction - ie framed housing
Different parking - ie melb totally happy for a single garage or even a parking bay
Different dwellings - 2 bedder villas and 2 bed townhouses with one bathroom are quite common in many areas of Melbourne because their plot ratio works well that way. Up until now the majority of Perth infill was done at R40 which meant 3 x 2 single storey

A quick update:
Am now in Perth and love it. People are lovely and lots of attractions within short driving distance of the Perth CBD.

Haven't done too much suburb-hunting actually, as I don't have a car. But it seems the Perth CBD is actually quite affordable. If I ever were to move here, it would be theoretically possible for me to buy an apartment in the Perth CBD itself. That would probably never happen in Sydney.

I'm considering trying for a job here. As long as I can cover the cost of groceries and eating out - which may outstrip my rent!

Are you staying in the city itself or with people you know in the suburbs? That'll shape your view on things.

Parts of Perth are still good value. I think this was good value. Walking distance to train and short drive to nice Cafe's, shops, river, etc.
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential land-wa-eden hill-201026163
https://m.facebook.com/DomeBassende...417045179./1555246968042262/?type=1&source=54

My hubby was saying a few guys he works with have recently moved to Perth from Gold Coast and love it. They say their is heaps of events here, stuff to do, and come to think of it there is. Possibly because Perth has lots of small councils and some hold many events. There is always something to do!

Investor - ahhh the gold coast. that's only the beach and universal studios, isn't it? I'd probably rather live in Brisbane. Thanks for the links - I'll have a squiz when I get back to Sydney.

Ausprop - Property in Perth ain't too exxy, it seems. However, the cost of living.....!! I bought a couple beers at the bar the other night. I gave the bartender a $50 and he gave me back a few coins :)
I wasn't ripped off. My mate from Perth said that's Perth prices. :)

DT - staying in a hotel in the city.

Does anyone know which are the highly desirable (chatswood, vaucluse, double bay) of Perth? And the middle-class? (Parramatta, Hurstville). And the low socio-economic areas? (Mt Druitt, Campbelltown)

I think Applecross is the 'vaucluse/chatswood'.
Cottesloe/fremantle is the bondi?.

I think Applecross is the 'vaucluse/chatswood'.
Cottesloe/fremantle is the bondi?.

no... Applecross is an anomaly as it is outside of the 'golden triangle' that forms the western suburbs and because of its secondary nature it was one of the hardest hit in the GFC, not that the others fared too much better. nice views of the city.

so highly desirable is Subiaco west across to Floreat, south to Swanbourne/Cottesloe/Mosman Park, then across Claremont, Dalkieth, Nedlands, Crawley

Middle class would be more your Attadale, Melville, Vic Park, Leeming, Carine

gets pretty rough the further out you head,with the exception of new suburbs

I have to disagree with that Ausprop, apple cross is highly desirable and for many people who grew up south of the river that is their dream location along with south perth.

Yes it got smashed by gfc but so did the western suburbs

Attadale also took a firm step out of middle class range in mid 2000s or so, with median price of over double perths median and at similar levels to Mt claremont it is definitely a premium suburb now

Applecross maybe an aspirational suburb just as canning vale is to thornlie residents, but it is very much a peculiarity being outside the golden triangle. The risk that presents and the logistics of actually getting to the place means that personally I would never back it. lovely place though, I am sure. however so is Yanchep and port coogee. south perth too for that matter.

Attadale may be above median but it is still just a typical middle class suburb. Depends on your definition I suppose but I think of middle class as your typical family with a $1m house, couple of cars, maybe a boat or holiday home, kids in private school and a family income of $150-350k ish.

Back