RIP PennyK

What a shock for Rob and I, as well.
Penny and I didn't always agree, but I certainly respected her opinion.

Sometimes I think people know their time is getting extremely limited, without letting on to the people around them.

It's so sad.
She will be missed by many.

What sad news this is. As well as being a respected and admired forum member, she was, personally, a real inspiration to me and a true friend to many at Somersoft.
My condolences and deepest sympathies to all her family.
Amy

Im so sorry.

Such sad news, my sincere condolences to her family and friends.

I didnt know her but for her posts on SS but obviously an immensely bright and driven woman, that much is clear.

Makes you think how short and temporary it all is.

RIP.

Such sad news, sincerest condolences to her family and friends. A greatly respected contributor to this forum (on many topics), such wisdom and integrity she shared, a great communicator. When she posted, I listened.

A truly beautiful mind.

Rest in peace.

Beautiful tribute Kristine, thanks so much for sharing.

I often found Penny's posts inspirational. Condolences to Penny's family and friends.

Although I don't post often, I visit this site most days - it's amazing how you can feel that you 'know' someone like a friend on these forums despite never having actually met 'in real life'. I feel the same shock and sadness at the news of Penny's passing as I would had I known her personally.

Rest in peace, Penny.

Very sad news.. I also struck me how positive Penny was in all of her posts, not just one relating to illness. She will be missed a great deal. My thoughts are with her family..

I'm so sorry to hear that Penny's passed away. My deepest condolences to her family. I loved reading about her weight loss and she inspired me to do something about mine. I've lost 50 kilos now and a lot of that I have Penny directly to thank. She was such a willing sharer of information, I really respected her.

Rest in peace Penny :(

I'm so sorry to hear that Penny's passed away. My deepest condolences to her family. I loved reading about her weight loss and she inspired me to do something about mine. I've lost 50 kilos now and a lot of that I have Penny directly to thank. She was such a willing sharer of information, I really respected her.

Rest in peace Penny :(
While not wanting to take this thread off topic, that's a remarkable achievement. Well done. If you wished to start a new thread on the topic you would be welcome.

Penny's legacy continues.

I am stunned. It wasn't too long ago that she posted on 'SS women are atypical'. From the posts I found that she was a woman of principle who knew 'to be content whatever the circumstances'. I think I share a lot of commonalities in outlook on life with PennyK, more than just SS pursuits, financial as well as living. RIP and God bless.

Whilst very saddened by this news, I'm glad that I paid a visit to Somersoft today while this news is relatively new. Like many others, I hadn't realised that Penny was so sick, and had thought she was doing very well. :(

Penny, we only saw a tiny glimmer of who you were, yet you've obviously connected with and inspired many. Those who knew all of you must indeed have been blessed indeed.

Thank you for sharing with us; it's been a privilege.

Back