Seen any great movies lately

Just from the sidelines,we went and saw "Felony" today it about a few days in a Policemans sad stressfull life excellent,,then saw "Magic in The Moonlight" by Woody-Allen that also is good,but not as good as "Felony",,interesting part was most times we go there are very few people inside today the place was packed and not all older people like us must be a lot of people working less then 40 hours a week..imho..

Went and saw "Pride" good movie about the 1984 miners strike and the Gay Activists that helped the Miners during that period,,Also saw Son of a Gun Australian crime eye opener on what happens inside the Australian= Prision life..

Watched Sharknado 2 the other day. It was as awesome as I was hoping it was going to be. Also watched The Fighter, which was good too.

Watched Deliver Us From Evil, which was a not bad way to nurse a hangover on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Took my wife to see, "Gone Girl". It was her birthday.

I was skeptical, but what the birthday girl wants...

Turns out I really enjoyed it. I thoroughly recommend it.

I want to see Gone Girl before whatever the "twist" is becomes too well known. That is what I've heard anyway, that there is some sort of unexpected twist?

Anyway, last night I heard about Force Majeure, by someone who gave it 4.5 from 5 and said it was the best move he had seen all year. I think it comes out tomorrow in Brisbane.

I want to see Gone Girl before whatever the "twist" is becomes too well known. That is what I've heard anyway, that there is some sort of unexpected twist?
That there is. Actually there are a couple really. Good movie but a little bit long. I wouldn't have minded if they chopped 10 or 15 minutes out.

I saw Edge of Tomorrow not long ago. I didn't have high expectations but it was much better than I expected. Interesting enough storyline, good action, funny in part.

Worth a watch definitely.

Also, if looking for violence (from reading above posts :D) we saw the equaliser as well. Unexpectedly violent.

I think basically the only thing that gave it credibility was Denzel Washington.

After watching that, I went home and watched Fallen. That's an awesome movie.

I saw Edge of Tomorrow not long ago. I didn't have high expectations but it was much better than I expected. Interesting enough storyline, good action, funny in part.

Worth a watch definitely.

Yeah, Edge of Tomorrow is a good film. Emily Blunt was great in that. Can't believe Tom Cruise is over 50!

Yer it pretty impressive. I like most of the movies he produces/stars in. Basically just have to forget the fact he seems like such a douche in real life and enjoy the movies for what they are.

Too many people I know can't do that hahah.

Despite his nutty Scientology stuff, I love watching Tom Cruise acting.

Saw him recently in Oblivion.

Really liked it.
I liked Oblivion as well. I was a little surprised that it didn't get better reviews. He might be a nutter (although I take what the media serves up to us regarding celebrities with a pinch of salt) in the last 10 years he's done a bunch of movies I've liked: Collateral, Valkyrie, Tropic Thunder, M:I - Ghost Protocol, Jack Reacher, Oblivion and Edge of Tomorrow.

I wouldn't really call it a twist. To me it became fairly apparent what was happening reasonably early. The additional 'twists' also become reasonably predictable as the story unfolds.

What's engaging about the story is how it just gets deeper and deeper into the way the <<REDACTED>>.

I liked Oblivion as well. I was a little surprised that it didn't get better reviews. He might be a nutter (although I take what the media serves up to us regarding celebrities with a pinch of salt) in the last 10 years he's done a bunch of movies I've liked: Collateral, Valkyrie, Tropic Thunder, M:I - Ghost Protocol, Jack Reacher, Oblivion and Edge of Tomorrow.
I've read every book written by Lee Child (currently reading his latest - "Personal").

The main character is 6'5" and 250 pounds, so TC at 170cm was miscast in my opinion.

They needed someone like Dolf Lundgren to carry that character.

Still enjoyed the movie, but the book was better.

I've read every book written by Lee Child (currently reading his latest - "Personal").

The main character is 6'5" and 250 pounds, so TC at 170cm was miscast in my opinion.

They needed someone like Dolf Lundgren to carry that character.

Still enjoyed the movie, but the book was better.

Yeah, I heard that fans of the books were pissed when TC was cast in that role. I had never read the books so I could just enjoy the movie as its own thing.

Back