Somersoft Cars

Looks like the offspring of a one night stand between a racing bike, and a pair of roller blades and a oven muffin tray

CLASSIC !

Cars, my weaknesses.

1. Datsun 180b: thrashed to death
2, Hiux Ute Extra Cab :had AC ohhh luxury
3. Mazda MX5, wife called it spiffy car
4. Company Falcons
5. Subaru Imprezza RX
6. Alfa Romeo 147: fiat ( fit is again tony)
7. Subaru Forester
8. my present one my UTE

Image 3.jpg

Simple, family fun. Farm comes included.

Peter

BMW ads of yesteryear used to say something like "what does the car you drive say about you?". After four years of living in Docklands and using Flexicar I've just sunk a lump of money into a new Prius C. I guess that some here will answer the BMW question with "has more money than sense"! From a property investment pov it's a bad call - I can no longer rent my parking space out, so that's $200p.m. not coming in.

Bit of a V8 fan have always owned at least one V8 since started driving.

1. XB Falcon 302V8
2. XD Fairmont Ghia 351V8
owned at same time as XD- 1980 Chryler Sigma (The Stigma)
replaced the stigma, still owned the XD,- VR Commodore Exec (Poverty pack)
then sold XD and VR and bought.
3 VX SS Commodore
4 BA Falcon XR8
5 Merc CLK430

Next on the agenda is either a CLK500, E500, VE Calais V V8 or FG Falcon GT.
The heart wants the GT, the head wants the Calais. The Merc's are nice but are older.

Bit of a V8 fan have always owned at least one V8 since started driving.

1. XB Falcon 302V8
2. XD Fairmont Ghia 351V8
owned at same time as XD- 1980 Chryler Sigma (The Stigma)
replaced the stigma, still owned the XD,- VR Commodore Exec (Poverty pack)
then sold XD and VR and bought.
3 VX SS Commodore
4 BA Falcon XR8
5 Merc CLK430

Next on the agenda is either a CLK500, E500, VE Calais V V8 or FG Falcon GT.
The heart wants the GT, the head wants the Calais. The Merc's are nice but are older.

How did you find the performance of the XD versus the XB, given that the XD would have had full anti-pollution and the XB nearly none?

How did you find the performance of the XD versus the XB, given that the XD would have had full anti-pollution and the XB nearly none?
In stock form not much different as the XB was 74 so no pollution gear at all really. The XD was modified a bit by the time i finished with it, so no comparison by the end. It was only getting about 200Km's round town from 85 litres of LPG in the END, stretched to about 375km on hwy. 4V valves, heads redone(ported, springs etc),ridiculous cam, extractors, 3inch single, dropped about 2.5inches. Most of that started out from a harmonic balancer needing to be replaced.;)

So we might see you at the monthly meets at other places than Mitcham?

I've done Mitcham, Doncaster, Chadstone and Moreland - am currently out of town Tuesday nights which is why I've missed the last few. Certainly for Mitcham I'll still use the train - sit and read the paper on a train beats 30 mins plus trying to escape the Docklands evening gridlock. I cannot imagine what it will be like when Docklands is fully developed.

In stock form not much different as the XB was 74 so no pollution gear at all really. The XD was modified a bit by the time i finished with it, so no comparison by the end. It was only getting about 200Km's round town from 85 litres of LPG in the END, stretched to about 375km on hwy. 4V valves, heads redone(ported, springs etc),ridiculous cam, extractors, 3inch single, dropped about 2.5inches. Most of that started out from a harmonic balancer needing to be replaced.;)

Sounds like fun. :D

I bloke I worked with had an XE with a 351 dropped into it, with heads, cam and exhaust work. Not crazy stuff, but enough to make it a pretty lively machine. And yes, it used some juice. By the standards of the mid 90's it was a rocket ship.

I had a VY V8 (LS1 5.7l) from 2003 to 2011, and it was a lot of fun too.

Ford Fiesta Zetec (highest spec model)

Why I love it:

Cruise control
Steering wheel mounted radio controls
Built in Bluetooth and voice compatibility 'phone - dial name - Sarah' and it makes the call.
USB slot for playing MP3's
Excellent radio, excellent diagnostics and menu system
Electric windows and mirrors
7 airbags, ABS, ESC
6lt. per 100km
Leather steering wheel
Excellent storage compartments
Factory tinted windows
Nice alloys
Great handling

14k (excluding on-roads) 12 months old with 15,000kms. For the features I don't think its value can be beat.

Wow - love the Mustangs!

Is there plenty coming in these days due to the strong $AUD?

Daily Driver - WM Caprice 6.0 Litre V8. We make a lot of trips to our home down the South East and always have the trailer loaded on the trip down.
That V8 power gets us there quickly, safely and extremely comfortably -

026.jpg

For weekends and fun trips 1969 Mustang Grande Coupe. Lots of power from the V8 engine. Has Dakota Digital Dash, Custom Upholstery and soon to have TCP Rack and Pinion Steering -

044.jpg

029.jpg

Our cute little 68 Mustang 6 Cyl Coupe. Here it is winning an award at the 2010 Mustang Nationals -

P3240202.jpg

Here are a couple of our 1969 Mach1 Mustangs that we recently restored. We took them to the 2012 Mustang Nationals in Newcastle and stopped in at bathurst to try them out around the track -

164.jpg

Stangman.

Car:
2004 Mazda 3

Motorbikes: 2009 Suzuki GSXR 1000
2006 Honda CBR 1000

all paid for in cash.. two motorbikes and a cheap car which cost me less then 40K in total!!!!...

and my gsxr does a 10.9 on the quarter mile... havent taken the cbr down yet, as my local drag strip closed... but im guessing she would pull 10.8s quiet easily... she is a scary little thing!... with custom paint job :)

also have a 1998 zx6r track bike too..

Attachments

• IMG_1651.jpg
    IMG_1651.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 64
Love this thread, keep it coming guys.

My 1st car was a 1997 Honda Accord VTEC, when the VTEC kicked in yo, the engine shut down, true story, it was rooted
Then I got a 1991 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, almost wrapped myself around a pole in the 1st 30 mins of driving. About 6 months later I realized ALL my money was going on petrol and maintenance of the car. Used to get 300kms from a full tank of 98RON. Also the car wasn’t insured because it was illegal or some such
After that I had a couple 3 series BMWs, pretty standard stuff, an E46 325Ci and an E92 335i, that car is great couldn’t part with it so I gifted it to my mum and dad when I left Aus.

One of the main reasons I moved to Dubai was my love of cars. I can get a 2011 5.0 Mustang for 25k usd, insurance is 300usd a year full compo, and petrol is about 35usd for full tank of the good stuff. Pure driving heaven

Interesting amount of people here driving nice, nice cars. Also interesting how many of you are finance types. Hmmm.

Anyway I have a boring old 04 Commodore that I bought 4 years ago and installed LPG when the govt subsidy was round. Really, really cheap to run! I'm gonna run it into the ground because my next car, when I can afford it, is gonna be a BMW Z4 :)

I currently have no car, as I live in Sydney CBD, just by my work and Town Hall station.

In NZ I had a WRX. Planning to buy a new VF SS Commodore next year when it comes out.

Nathan Birch has a genuine supercar, a Nissan GTR, my eventual dream car when I have some serious cash from my developments.

In NZ I had a WRX. Planning to buy a new VF SS Commodore next year when it comes out.

Nathan Birch has a genuine supercar, a Nissan GTR, my eventual dream car when I have some serious cash from my developments.

Sup kiwi buddy. I have a friend over there who's owned a '97 WRX STi RA for a good decade now. He's had to rebuild the motor and the gearbox but he loves the crap out of it. The amount of WRXs and Skylines and **** littering the roads there is insane. Still wouldn't wanna move back though.

Picked up a new 2012 E250 coupe diesel recently for 40% off retail from dealer courtesy of a friend. Hoping to turn a 10-15k profit when I resell in a few years according to the friend. The guy buys over a dozen of these every year for trading and for fun.

Attachments

• mercedes-benz-e-class-e250-cdi-blueefficiency-sport-2dr-tip-auto-5046824-1.jpg
    mercedes-benz-e-class-e250-cdi-blueefficiency-sport-2dr-tip-auto-5046824-1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 107
Back