Teenagers, Piercing and Tattoos

or what about the individuals that tempt fate.... tattoo their undying love for XXXX, then things go pear shaped and stuck with it.

Let your teenage children make their own choices. This is how they both learn and grow.

Do you have teens?

It all depends who their role models are as all behaviours are learned.

So don't YOU what to be that guide and influence for your children? If you aren't someone else will be;).

It's wonderful in theory that one, but most kids who lack the direction and guidance of parents and who are allowed to make their own choices on important issues, usually take the easy and most fun route {fun sometimes being detrimental or even destructive} either learn very late in the piece that they've made mistakes or not at all.

I'm talking generally now - tatts is just one of many issues that arise.

I said no tatts to our kids

I emphatically told both of our kids (boy & girl now 30 & 32) that they were not going to being getting any tatts etc. as it limits their employment.

Their friends did and both our children are now glad they did not get tatts' & have said the same to us. Our kids prewarn us if any new friend has a tatt so we don't accidentially put our foot in it if the suject comes up.

Girls having ears pieced was & is OK - one on each ear.

Daughter went out when 18 and got her tongue pieced and after her tongue remained swollen for 10 days she asked me to removed the stud as she was having trouble talking and customers were having trouble understanding what she said.

The NSW police force I believe now do not want staff to display visible tattooes and I have read that the health and hospitality do not like front line staff with tatts as first impressions count.

http://www.news.com.au/business/wor...employment-rates/story-e6frfm9r-1226728925040

BTW
Friend who is a sonographer (takes ultrasounds) says navel piecing in girls can lead to pelvic inflammatory problems.

Cheers
Sheryn

PS My father would not allow me to shave my legs and I respected his wishes.

I hate the look of tatts on anyone. As a straight female, I find it disappointing when a really nicely muscled/toned young man covers up his gorgeous looking skin and nice body with ugly pictures in dark ink. Spoils a good perve :D.

When I was a kid it seemed that the only people with tatts were old men who had been in the navy or bikies. It's different, of course, now as everyone seems to have them. I don't think about it too much but when I was at the local shops yesterday, I was thinking how I admire any young person today who resists the urge to follow any 'in' trend - to me these people seem more secure and comfortable with who they are without the need to advertise and draw attention to themselves. To me they are far more 'individual', unique and interesting. They don't feel the need to conform with what's popular in society at the moment.

I see tattoos as the equivalent of the flares and safari suits of the 70s; shoulder pads and 'big hair' of the 80s or the grunge look of the 90s. It's a fad that will pass. The next group of young hipsters won't want a bar of tattoos as they will be an outdated look.

By the way, back in the late 80s when I was verging on major coolness, I really loved the hot, edgy look of the chick singer from Roxette - so I went to the hairdresser and told her to 'make me look like that cool Swedish singer from Roxette' with her short, spiky white blonde hair - well, after getting my long, straight light brown hair chopped off, I walked out looking more like the the mother from the Brady Bunch... Lucky for me, my hair grew back but tatts are much more expensive to change.

I'm another who hates tatts. Personally I think they make a person look cheap. I especially find it funny those that have something tattooed on their backs to "remember" something or someone. How the heck are you going to remember something that you can't see?

Is it just me, or do others agree regarding the Asian "tribal" tats in the link. It looks to me like it just sort of "goes". What about the Maori ones, they look good to me, but not so much on white skinned people? Maybe I just think it looks ok because I know it's their culture to do it?

Up to the individual once there past 18
I have a full sleeve of my roses that are my nans favourite .
I have a love heart with the sun in the back of it with the words my only sunshine written in the heart cause nan used to sing the song growing up to me
That was my first for nan .

Once I new she was dying of cancer I went and found the best person in aus in my opinion and got nan and pop the people that looked after me all my life full portraits of them on my arm and went to Tasmania to show her before she died

that took 10 hours of pain well worth it after what they did for me

I don't like tattoos as much that dont mean something

but the amount of times I have people look at them and say how beuitiful and get to talk about the greatest person that has been in my life nan I get a joy out of it

I couldn't give a **** who doesn't like them I had them done 2 years ago when I was 28 it's a sleeve dedicated to nan ,but couldn't not put pop in there a great man to me aswell

ill get more if I feel they will mean something to me maybe when I have family

I'd send her away to boarding school/nunnery and get her away from all these tattooed, pierced friends of hers and their permissive parents. It's tattoos and piercings now, what will they be getting up to when they're 17??

I got grown up old school by nan pop they didn't like tattoos there selves but wouldn't look down on people just cause they didn't like them

They were like now don't want them on your beautiful arms
But when they seen what I had got they were blown away there on me forever abd with me forever

or what about the individuals that tempt fate.... tattoo their undying love for XXXX, then things go pear shaped and stuck with it.
one of my mechanics has his latest partner's name tattooed in script font down his forearm.

It's beyond me :confused:

I got grown up old school by nan pop they didn't like tattoos there selves but wouldn't look down on people just cause they didn't like them

They were like now don't want them on your beautiful arms
But when they seen what I had got they were blown away there on me forever abd with me forever

But you could always carry a photo in your wallet to honour their memory, without the pain and cost??

It's up to me I wanted to who going to see a photo
I have people come up to me ,is that your parents then I tell them what she did for me ,don't now if you guys understand when a lady does that much for you in life, and otgers dont a bit of pain doesn't mean nothing to show here before she dies

for here to now she will always be with me that's what I care about

Plus I think tattoos don't look bad if its the right stuff
once there old enough they will get a tattoo if they want one ,just the way it is you can try guide them not to but there choice in the end

Fair enough guiding them not to get cross bones and skulls ,but say when there 20 and you passed away, I think it's pritty sweet that they got something to remember you buy and they loved you that much just my opinion

Be grateful for a small tramp stamp on the lower back, a rose on the shoulder or a bluebird on the ankle, a bellybutton piercing, or a tribal sleeve...it could be worse

jesse-thornhill-465579652-235709.jpg

maria-jose-cristerna-vampire.jpg

Maria-Hose-Cristerna-vampire-woman1.jpg

large-horn-implants-1.jpg

It's up to me I wanted to who going to see a photo
I have people come up to me ,is that your parents then I tell them what she did for me ,don't now if you guys understand when a lady does that much for you in life, and otgers dont a bit of pain doesn't mean nothing to show here before she dies

for here to now she will always be with me that's what I care about

Plus I think tattoos don't look bad if its the right stuff
once there old enough they will get a tattoo if they want one ,just the way it is you can try guide them not to but there choice in the end

Fair enough guiding them not to get cross bones and skulls ,but say when there 20 and you passed away, I think it's pritty sweet that they got something to remember you buy and they loved you that much just my opinion

Verging on the most incoherent rant I have ever read on the forum.
Kudos

Back