Tell us about your lifestyle (wages, job, age)

1. 22
2. Chemist (Industrial not pharmacy)
3. Me - 56K. Ms C.R - 48K
4. Living with long term GF, one very cute puppy dog
5. 1 IP May '06, plans drawn up to add IP2 to first large IP block and strata

Very inspiring thread guys and I agree with a lot of the statements, thanks for digging it up Andrew.

Chris "aiming for that SS top 5%" R.

1.32, wife 28
2.Me - Police Officer Wife - Computer Programmer (contractor)
3. Me - 64k Wife - 105k approx. (but 70k until up until 10 months ago)
4. Married to a great wife! with a cute black lab 3 and 1/2 month pup (poppy)
5. First Ip in 1996. (later become PPOR and since sold - when moved in with then GF!). PPOR (fully owned). 1 IP in adelaide - 2006. 1 block in Adelaide - soon to be IP. 1 block in Melbourne - soon to be IP. SO currently 1IP, 2 blocks and PPOR.
6. 275 k direct shares 69 k managed funds. (195 k margin loan) (did the share thing mainly b/t 96' and '06.

Plan on a total of around 10 IPs plus over $1 mill net in shares within 10 years.

Jase

This is one of many interesting threads and I agree with many who say that it's not how much you earn, but more what you do with it that really makes a difference...okay, to keep in line with this thread

1. me - 33, the boy is 31
2. me - currently freelance business English teacher (20-25 hrs per week), him - harbour assistant / handyman
3. me - about 38K, him - 63K
4. Married with our first little one on the way (June) - very exciting!!
5. 3 IPs and plan to add another couple in 07 now that finance is almost in place (thanks PT Bear!!). First one bought in 2000 as PPOR which is now IP...it's all looking pretty good :)

Last edited:
So nice to hear people are doing so well, and getting in there and having a go! To answer the questions:
1. I am 33 and hubby is 37
2. We run a fencing business in Perth, hubby also works nightshifts delivering bread, and I also work when I can
3. Combined around 60k, but varies from year to year
4. Married with 5 kids aged 12,9,7,5,and 3! and a cat called Coco
5. Currently three IPs (one JV) all in Tasmania, plan to buy two more this year.

Welcome to the forum Angela, that is an impressive sized family you've got there!

Married with 5 kids aged 12,9,7,5,and 3! and a cat called Coco

If I ever need any more fencing done, I'll have to send you a PM...

Regards, Chris (also from Perth)

Thanks for the welcome Chris.
Yes, we have quite a tribe (and they all have the same father, a small miracle by todays standards!). People in the supermarket often cheekily ask "don't you have a TV" I just tell them, really loudly, we just really love having sex! That soon shuts them up. It quite amazes me how having a big family is so frowned upon these days, but we wouldn't change it for the world.
No worries on the fencing, we do all types including larger developments, one of our bigger clients is J Corp,we do a lot of multi-unit sites for them, usually Colorbond jobs.

Just curious. When rental income is mentioned are people talking gross income or net of expenses? I would think gross rental would be quite meaningless?

I wouldnever criticize anyone's poll. Hey I haven't even figured out how to do one!

I was just looking back on previous posts on this thread and some of the rental incomes declared were quite high and I wondered to myself.......net or gross?

I just know from my own experience that the rental numbers can look gorgeous until you take those little ol expenses away and then they are WAY less gorgeous :eek:

Age 53, married with one kid
Occupation: consultant (mostly aid projects but you name it, I'll have a bash at it)
First IP 1980, now 10 IPs, net rental cash flow varies according to debt level, currently about $50K
Salary varies between zero and $350K
Divide my time between a live-aboard boat in Port Moresby, my wife's village in East New Britain and (from this year) a studio we just bought in Cairns, and intend to do up. Also this year planning to build a holiday rental house at Vivonne Bay on Kangaroo Island if things go well.

1. Age
2. Job Profession 3. Annual Salary/Wage from job (before tax)
3. Married/Single/Divorced? ... Any Kids?
4. Year of 1st IP purchase + Total IPs you have

1. Me 41 Wife 37
2. IT Security Manager $64.5k Wife Child Care $18k Rent $127k gross
3.Married 2 kids B9 G7 luv em to bits
4. 2000, PPOR plus 14 IPS plus $60k margin shares/managed funds

Tim

1. Age
2. Job Profession 3. Annual Salary/Wage from job (before tax)
3. Married/Single/Divorced? ... Any Kids?
4. Year of 1st IP purchase + Total IPs you have

OK I'll play...

me 44, the toy boy soon to be 40
stay at home mum. Elec Engineer
buggar all. $100K++
married with 2 wild boys 7 and 8
holding 8 IPs

1. Both the wife and I are 36.
2. Drilling Engineer and stay at home mother.
3. 50K pcm.
4. Happily married with 3 beautiful daughters 10, 8 and 6.
5. Started 12 years ago with our first IP. We now oversee 5 houses, 1 gym and 4 factories.

Enjoying life, but a holiday is well overdue.

I dont mean to be intrusive but I am just dazzled (LOL);
pcm being per calendar month?
WOW i want to be a drilling engineer! lol

Seriously though; you have achieved much at a young age - i am very impressed as i am sure others on here are. very inspiring, hope to keep track of you progress :)

Me;

1. 22 Male
2. Finance Broker/Director, Banker, Property Entrepreneur.
3. Bit under 50K atm inc. net rental income + undisclosed finance broking income & no property projects on the go so no income there currently
4. Long term relationship with gorgeous 21 yr old (female-LOL :p )
5. First IP 2004 (i think), now 3

Still trying to find my real path in life... always feel like im wasting time and getting older every second (which i know will sound insane to many of you). always think that the grass is greener somewhere else or in a different industry, or starting a different business etc. It drives me crazy! anyone else feel the same?

jopie I know how you feel grass always seems greener somewhere else dont you hate the feeling you might be going backwards altough you're not realy if you compare you're self to people around you.

1 24 male
2 Self employed my biggest investment yet I own a auto electrical/mechanical/racq workshop with 4 employees
3 30k but the business pays for everything that is my "spending money"
4 In a relationship with a 18yr old nice young girl
5 first ip at 19 made good money second one in 2005 then sold the first one to build the business wich in hindsight I didnt have too but we all make mistakes but curently looking for a second.

I earn bugger all, Im 26, about $40,000 after tax working two jobs,
Although I dont spend any money on much, I save most of it, Im currently paying $50 a week rent and have 1 IP, Im saving for more right now and can see myself being wealthy in the future, thats a good thing cause I really love lobsters :D

Back