Tell us about your lifestyle (wages, job, age)

5. 1st ip Jan '98, ppor Dec '99. Last ip bought June04. Total ips:12
(ppor & 10 ips fully owned.)

That's pretty impressive, I started around the same time but haven't gotten anywhere near as far.

1. 32yo
2. Full time bum, part time IT worker.
3. $30k pa at the moment
4. just me
5. ppor 1998, ip 2002, ip 2003

That's pretty impressive, I started around the same time but haven't gotten anywhere near as far.

1. 32yo
2. Full time bum, part time IT worker.
3. $30k pa at the moment
4. just me
5. ppor 1998, ip 2002, ip 2003

Can't bleat about that niknah, got a few year's left yet.

BB

1] Me.. 41 ....................... Bloss.. a touch older

2] Boat Boy .................... Bloss P/A

3] 000.................... Bloss $60k Salary

4] Partner for 15 years, no paperwork.

5] me 1 .................... Bloss 6, maybe 7[STCA] plus PPOR

I stay home and find the ip's, build the boat and drink rum.

Last edited:
1. Me 35 wife 32
2. IT Pro
3. ~60k salary ~0k investments (It's good how the accountant can do that) wife ~-3k
4. Married 12 yrs, kids 11, 10, 6.
5. 2 IP 2001, 1 IP 2003 (have signed a contact on another but hasn't completed yet, don't want to jinx it).

Things have changed .... I'm older now.

1. Me 38 wife 35
2. self employed
3. between -$50k and +$250k around $65k 2007
4. still married 3 kids, 14, 13, 9
5. IP's 4, tenants 7, 2 business's

1. Age
2. Job Profession (sales clerk, medical doctor, student, self-employed, unemployed)
3. Annual Salary/Wage from job (before tax)
4. Married/Single/Divorced? ... Any Kids?
5. Year of 1st IP purchase + Total IPs you have

1. 55
2. Psychologist in private practise
3. Varies
4. Divorced...no kids...have dog.
5. 1994...PPOR + 8 IP's (sole owner) + 1/2 share in 6 x IP's. (Plenty of good debt!)

I just came across this thread, a few years after it started :)

1. 35
2. In between jobs - will be in the Air Force in June 2007
3. Est. 50K-55K
4. Married, 1st child currently in incubation chamber (25 wks)
5. 1st IP 2001 - Now have fully paid PPOR and 7 IPs.

Andrew.

1. Me 30, Wife 29
2. Me - Network Engineer; Wife - Vet
3. 70K+, 40K-
4. Married - no kids yet, though prob early 2008 (1 dog + 2 cats)
5. No IP/PPOR yet, planning on buying first IP late 2007

On the right track, I hope, as we only moved to OZ 5 years ago with $2.5K;)

Cheers

1. Age
2. Job Profession (sales clerk, medical doctor, student, self-employed, unemployed)
3. Annual Salary/Wage from job (before tax)
4. Married/Single/Divorced? ... Any Kids?
5. Year of 1st IP purchase + Total IPs you have

1. Glebe - 29, Glebette - 30
2. Glebe - IT salaried employee, Glebette - IT Contractor
3. Glebe - $80k, Glebette - $140-190k
4. Married, 1 dog
5. 1 IP (2006), half dozen managed funds, no PPOR.

1. Age Me 46 Wife 43
2. Job Profession : Edit ;Wife Accounts Manager (Part Time)
3. Annual Salary/Wage from job ( Me $41,648;Wife $25,000)
4. Married Yes Kids 3 Daughters
3 Grandchildren
5. Year of 1st IP purchase 2004?+ Total IPs 6

Just goes to show that income, number of family members, etc don't have a direct correlation to the number of IPs that you have. i.e. with enough planning and budgeting pretty much anyone can build up a property portfolio. There's certainly no excuse for young, single people on good pay (thinking of many of my friends here) to complain that they don't have money to invest.
Alex

There's certainly no excuse for young, single people on good pay (thinking of many of my friends here) to complain that they don't have money to invest.
Alex

But you will find that in the majority of cases these are the people who won't. They are so busy living the good life they don't see the need to save something for a rainy day.

But you will find that in the majority of cases these are the people who won't. They are so busy living the good life they don't see the need to save something for a rainy day.

...and then there are others who disqualify themselves before they've even been to the bank! They just don't believe they can buy a property, despite all the ads on TV for "no deposit" deals.

Just goes to show that income, number of family members, etc don't have a direct correlation to the number of IPs that you have. i.e. with enough planning and budgeting pretty much anyone can build up a property portfolio. There's certainly no excuse for young, single people on good pay (thinking of many of my friends here) to complain that they don't have money to invest.
Alex

Not only that, I am amazed at some of the salary packages being thrown around here. I have never earnt over 50K, and my wife has only ever in her life earnt over 30K for 1 year. She's been part time, and I've slowly crept up a few thousand per year for the past 10 or so. I am 35, have a fully paid PPOR and 7 IPs. I am not bragging, but stating that if I could have achieved this at my age, and on our combined wages then I can only imagine the sorts and quantities of property I could have purchased if I was on the wages of some people here.

Even though I have done very well for my age, its human nature I think to still feel you've missed (or are missing) the boat.

Andrew.

Andrew, congrats to you and your wife, you have both obviously got the right end of the stick!:) You have shown just what is possible and what can be achieved.

Ain't no way you're missing the boat Andrew.

If you compare your circumstances to the general population, you are probably in the top 5%, despite your average salary. Whatever you are doing, keep doing it.

Somersoft isn't indicative of the population, we're all ahead of the pack here.

Ain't no way you're missing the boat Andrew.

If you compare your circumstances to the general population, you are probably in the top 5%, despite your average salary. Whatever you are doing, keep doing it.

Glebe,

Yes fair enough. I guess when I look at the pool of friends I have, none have IPs at all. Several could, but "its just to hard" seems to be the response. Only my brother has bought IPs out of all the people I have encouraged. Well, at least my brother and his wife will have some extra $$$ when they decide to give it away.

And you know what, I honestly don't believe I am greedy. My motivation is that I would like to work less and spend more time with my future family, and doing things that I would LIKE to do as opposed to HAVING to do.

I think when you talk to people about investing in real estate etc., some people will just think you're greedy regardless. Being a "Landlord" in Australia seems to have its own "bad rep" type scenario with some people!!!

Andrew.

Hat's of to you as well agleave, and it would appear that Bloss and I are in that top 5% as we'll.

Infact a lot of that top 5% are probably on SS.

Big pat on the back for all of us.

BB

I have never earnt over 50K, and my wife has only ever in her life earnt over 30K for 1 year. She's been part time, and I've slowly crept up a few thousand per year for the past 10 or so. I am 35, have a fully paid PPOR and 7 IPs
I don't know what types of properties you have bought, but regardless, that is a great achievement on such incomes. Would have required a lot of discipline and determination I am sure. Nice work!

GSJ

1. 38
2. maintenance coordinator
3. $130k
4. married 3 kids, 9,9 and 8
5. first ip when I was 22, now only have 4 - yes Andrew I have been slack

roger

Back