The Apprentice

i agree. although i think in this one John was clearly ahead in terms of who should go, he didn't seem to be managing anything.

Something i really liked was the looks on Heather's face first when Sam said she was the weak link, and then when Bouris told Sam off about gambling with clients. Also i think passing Mark 100 bucks tip was a bit childish.

There is one thing that got me wondering though, as I've never stayed in 5 star hotels. Is it really expected that they would do all those things they tried to do for clients, or is it something they pulled out of thin air to try and score more points with clients?

Sabrina needs to seriously STFU.

the only reason she didn't get voted off was because the other guy was so much worse.

i can't believe she's still there ... she has this "flutter the eyelids and smile and it will fix everything" attitude ... and the big suck up about learning so much, and wanting to stay nearly made me throw the remote.

as you said - mary-anne was great but i soooooo want to see either sabrina or carmel get voted off next week.

although i think in this one John was clearly ahead in terms of who should go, he didn't seem to be managing anything.

John should have been fired even before the results were known. It is not hard to realise that you can't smoke out the front of the Hotel in uniform!

John should have been fired even before the results were known. It is not hard to realise that you can't smoke out the front of the Hotel in uniform!

I would have cut the rope on that guy for smoking when his team mates were relying on him to perform tasks for the team.
He can kill himself with his fags anytime.
He let his team mates down badly. I'm suprised Bouris didn't give him a serve about that, on top of all the other poor qualities he exhibited.

Alls I can say is "What a goose!" I know smoking is an addiction yada yada but seriously? Right at the front of the hotel??? Even the guests would get a quiet word about doing it, I'd say. He really seemed over the whole thing, almost like he wanted to get fired I think...

Oh Sabrina, such a self-centred lass. Look, obviously her good looks have done the job in the past but she seriously has no listening skills. Managed the project - Hah! As an ex-receptionist I was squirming in my seat watching her. It's one of those jobs that look easy, but ain't.

Obviously the few 'special clients' were all part of the show (and got it for nix) because I certainly don't get hotel staff running to get me Maccas (they just had dinner??) or special errands like that. And obviously in a big hotel if your room wasn't ready or perfect they would find you another, so some of this scenario was quite unrealistic.

My last comment for my favourite Sam... silly boy shouldn't have gambled with the guy but how was he seriously to know that in that particular situation? He said himself he had ZERO experience in this sort of role and quite frankly Mr Bouris has probably done some artistic deals in the past. Still I'd say lesson learned for Sam. They won, that's what mattered.

Looking forward to the EGO CLASH next week!

Obviously the few 'special clients' were all part of the show (and got it for nix) because I certainly don't get hotel staff running to get me Maccas (they just had dinner??) or special errands like that. And obviously in a big hotel if your room wasn't ready or perfect they would find you another, so some of this scenario was quite unrealistic.
It did seem like the guests might have been part of the show as I doubt the hotel would put their reputation on the line like that. But I have traveled overseas and had to wait at some hotels while the room was getting prepared. We had to sit in the lobby for about 20 minutes once before I started to get a bit annoyed.

I was just itching for him to "fire" 2 or 3 at once. Trump used to do it occassionally on his show. And yesterday 2 of them could have gone easily.

Agree!

Last night's show was the best entertainment I have seem on TV for a long time!

John needed to go, definately not a leader and if I start on his ridiculously foolish actions, I won't stop.

As for Sam...Bouris was harsh for the sake of professionalism but I do believe that if he had declined the offer he would have not made up for a few points on the Score Card. They certainly would not have had the advantage of 3pts.

In a nutshell - the gamble paid off.;)

OK - Bet's on Sabrina next.;)

Regards JO

It did seem like the guests might have been part of the show as I doubt the hotel would put their reputation on the line like that. But I have traveled overseas and had to wait at some hotels while the room was getting prepared. We had to sit in the lobby for about 20 minutes once before I started to get a bit annoyed.

I agree.

If the clients were actors:

What does this mean for the Scoring?????????

Regards JO

You folk should really must see the English Apprentice show some time just to see how utterly amateurish this Aus one really is. As somebody has already indicated - there is no way any of these people are employable at the supposed level to earn $200k. At least Mark seems to be getting better although I am getting sick of his 'what do you think - I am an idiot' for somebody who has worked his 'way up' and he comes up with a choice saying like that!!! Cheers

hi Strannik,

So you don't think that the Producers would give the actors heads up on which way to go?

Or Bouris giving the Producers a little nudge to let the actor's know that we want Sam to come out on top so that we can then shoot him down in flames and at the same time allow him to stay as the general public has a soft spot for Sam?

It all makes for great viewing. I don't put anything past reality TV.

Regards JO

i doubt that it's necessary

in my opinion they aren't even actors, Mariott probably just offered their clients to participate in a show, and they have agreed so they get 5 mins of fame. or maybe they got free rooms.

You'd want to get free rooms and even free dinners and breakfasts after what that Anniversary couple endured. (If they really were an anniversary couple..LOL)

Regards JO

Back