The Apprentice

It is a fun show to watch, but I get annoyed at all the
"Yes, Mr Bouris"
"No, Mr Bouris"
"Thank you, Mr Bouris"
"Thank you, Sir"
that goes on in the boardroom.

I suppose "Mr Bouris" is the deity of the show, but I don't know anybody in any Australian workforce that doesn't call their boss by their first name.
Or maybe it's just me?

Caroline

Reminds me of primary school, the way they do that. "Good morning Mr Bouris" in that sing song voice, in unison, like school kids.
So, it's not just me, then, that finds that annoying?

Ugh, wasn't it embarrassing to watch last night!? Those poor 'dancers'...

I really don't think the good folk of Mudgee were all that excited about Miss Something-or-other. Cheap filling food, cold beer, maybe a raffle ticket from a pretty lass after a few, and they're happy.

Italian Trivia night is a great idea though! I wish the local pubs would do something like that around here.

Loved the old fellow telling it straight. $60 for pumpkin soup, apricot chicken (bleugh), and bread and butter pudding (double bleugh!) with the 'entertainment' was just embarrassing! Good on him getting his money back.

I'm joining the chorus on how annoying the 'yes sir, no sir, can I lick your boots sir' is getting. Blondie was the worst last night but she was pretty nervous so I'll let it slide this time.

i watched the apprentice for the first time last night

i found it quite good

i will tune in again next week for sure

I'm joining the chorus on how annoying the 'yes sir, no sir, can I lick your boots sir' is getting. Blondie was the worst last night but she was pretty nervous so I'll let it slide this time.

I suspect they are following the US "Mr Trump" (never Donald) and the UK "Sir Alan" (never just Alan) format.

he sacked a woman for not standing up for herself enough, then this week a woman completely rolled and he just said yeah ok whatever.

Agree, I would have fired Mary-Anne, just for the fact that she didn't even try and defend herself! Although she does seem like she has been a good performer generally so far.

I'm starting to like "Carmen",The Blonde Lady,some of the camera angles on the faces of some the people in the last five minutes before "Sir:rolleyes:" gives someone the chop is quite funny i only watch the last five minutes..willair//

it was Blake

Ausprop, i disagree that Mary-Anne rolled

he fired what's her name for not standing up for her opinion, and for herself, especially if she was right

this time it was clear that they screwed up, especially considering that same mistake was made in previous episode. what's there to stand up for?

she did the right thing and acknowledged her mistake, and was ready to take the fall. if more managers were like that, corporate world would be a much better workplace

I really liked Mary-Anne last episode - she didnt roll over but accepted accountability - something he bangs on about. And yes, she was ready to fall on her knife by doing so!
I thought Gavin sucked the way he said that false advertising called for a penalty - it was his team that did it last time and he should have been sacked back then if that was the case, as PM!

That was a really cringe episode though - we kept asking each other 'what is the entertainment'. Those poor dancers being labelled on TV as being crap; well, they were but a bit nasty saying that!

I'm annoyed by the cliched glances that the person that gets fired gives just before they step into the taxi - it's the longing glance at the top of the building. Mark Burnett - stop scripting it so much that the contestants are like robots!

Nice episode btw. The naming rights and the Platinum/Gold/Silver/Bronze advertising was brilliant, but the raffle at the last minute brought up the profit that would have otherwise been paltry. The "Let's market Miss Australia (2006)" is probably not what Mudgee was looking for though.

I really liked Mary-Anne last episode - she didnt roll over but accepted accountability - something he bangs on about. And yes, she was ready to fall on her knife by doing so!
I thought Gavin sucked the way he said that false advertising called for a penalty - it was his team that did it last time and he should have been sacked back then if that was the case, as PM!

That was a really cringe episode though - we kept asking each other 'what is the entertainment'. Those poor dancers being labelled on TV as being crap; well, they were but a bit nasty saying that!

I agree Pushka,

(Those poor dancers will be losing sleep over that episode.)

Gavin made a very bad decision there. He did not provide professional entertainment.

I do however think Mark Bouris takes into account the overall performance of the individual.

Gavin made the biggest error in my opinion, but Blake is a non-performer. In a business, if I had to choose between the two based on their overall performance, I would choose Gavin.

Regards JO

only watched this show twice now, but Gavin(?) was lead into a corner with the theme of carnival. He would have been very limited with what entertainment to bring up with that theme in that location. While he should have chose those particular dancers, he may not have got anything else otherwise.

I blame the blonde chicky that was manager totally for their loss and problems.

only watched this show twice now, but Gavin(?) was lead into a corner with the theme of carnival.

I blame the blonde chicky that was manager totally for their loss and problems.

The thing is though, that once the theme is decided, it is up to everyone to go along with it, unless they push back before agreement. No-one said, Crap idea, wont work!

Our theory is that Gavin is Bouris' preferred candidate, and that blonde chicky is his next preference! :p

Wow... what a train wreck of an episode. Any team could have won - they both stuffed up really badly.

Sabrina needs to seriously STFU. "Oh, you've had a crap stay? How about joining our rewards programme?". Seriously.

I thought Mary-Anne was a star performer - she really busted her gut.

Back