The Apprentice

i missed the challenge the other night the pie eating one did Morello win it?:rolleyes:

If the challenge was to eat the pies, I'm sure he would have won it.
It was a challenge to make the most profit selling them. He did good with the sales, but they stuffed up their costings and budgets. Then again, how do you stuff up a budget if you don't even have one.
Typical result, when you get marketing people doing their own thing without boundaries set by the finance people.
Amy got the flick :(

Is Amy the blonde marketing girl from Perth?

No. That one seems a bit of a dark horse. We don't see much coming from her. Maybe she's going to shine later on.
Amy is the Adelaide girl. Cute as a button. Seems quite smart, but lacked maturity and ability to control her team in the challenge.

No. That one seems a bit of a dark horse. We don't see much coming from her. Maybe she's going to shine later on.
Amy is the Adelaide girl. Cute as a button. Seems quite smart, but lacked maturity and ability to control her team in the challenge.

I thought the swapping of the teams was ok, until Amy was judged harshly by Bouris for assuming Sam was more knowledgable than he actually was about budgetting. Hell, how was she supposed to know that! She just met the guy.

I also thought the "home made" sign should have got them into more trouble - it was false advertising. And Carmen and the other woman who wrote it, Mary-Ann, well, I have seen a few of those kinda gals in Corporate life and they certainly are not my cup of tea. Hell, Mary Ann is a Wedding Manager - bridezilla planner. :eek:And Bouris doesnt like Sabrina Miss World Australia 2006 much, does he!

I also thought that the way the pie-maker was allocated was rather weird.

I thought the swapping of the teams was ok, until Amy was judged harshly by Bouris for assuming Sam was more knowledgable than he actually was about budgetting. Hell, how was she supposed to know that! She just met the guy.

I also thought the "home made" sign should have got them into more trouble - it was false advertising. And Carmen and the other woman who wrote it, Mary-Ann, well, I have seen a few of those kinda gals in Corporate life and they certainly are not my cup of tea. Hell, Mary Ann is a Wedding Manager - bridezilla planner. :eek:And Bouris doesnt like Sabrina Miss World Australia 2006 much, does he!

I also thought that the way the pie-maker was allocated was rather weird.

Yeah, but Amy looked very cute.
Woops. Too shallow?

It was a challenge to make the most profit selling them. He did good with the sales, but they stuffed up their costings and budgets.
You kidding? I wouldn't want such salesman anywhere near my company.

Any person with half a brain can sell a product below the manufacturing cost.

Yeah, but Amy looked very cute.

Sorry to disagree but I think Sam is the only 'cute' one.

It really can be hard to judge this show as it is highly edited. They must of had ppl helping with the pie machine etc. and yeah, why did the ladies get so much time to fiddle with it? AND where were the Miss '06, Ken doll and the other gals when they were baking? Did I miss something?

That 'homemade' sign was a deal breaker I would have thought, shame the girls actually won the challenge. Gotta say a big 'yuk'! to vegie curry as well, the guys pie sounded nice, but that's just me.

Sam, I feel, shows the best potential... he's coming up with the ideas, working the finances, doing the hard work, all with a great attitude and remember, he's 18! Go Sam!

(I enjoyed watching this show halfway through my holiday on Hamilton Island - it was the only TV I watched up there.)

Amy was a sweetie but a little too sweet to a run a business if it were full of Alpha males as was suggested. She simply was not assertive enough.

Bouris made the right business decision. From a business point of view, she was nothing special.

I wonder how long before we see some more true colours come from the woman with the bleached blonde hair?:rolleyes: (Homemade Woman.)

Regards,

JO

Sam, I feel, shows the best potential... he's coming up with the ideas, working the finances, doing the hard work, all with a great attitude and remember, he's 18! Go Sam!

Sam is about to turn 20 in a couple of weeks time. He will be around for a bit, and wont say anything more.:cool:

It really is all about the editing, and they are trying to make us think one thing, but the result is often completely different. I see there is one scene where Carmen storms out of the Board room - they keep showing it on the promos but we havent seen it yet. But this series is much better than the US version.

I had to laugh when Miss World said they needed a celebrity like her with the Miss World Australia 2006, celebrity? :rolleyes: I guess she will be after this anyway ...

he sacked a woman for not standing up for herself enough, then this week a woman completely rolled and he just said yeah ok whatever.

It is a fun show to watch, but I get annoyed at all the
"Yes, Mr Bouris"
"No, Mr Bouris"
"Thank you, Mr Bouris"
"Thank you, Sir"
that goes on in the boardroom.

I suppose "Mr Bouris" is the deity of the show, but I don't know anybody in any Australian workforce that doesn't call their boss by their first name.
Or maybe it's just me?

Caroline

Back