The Off Topic Thread #2

SA election news...

Libs ahead on primary votes, but Labor likely to win on preference votes :mad:.

I put in a proposal that all persons declare their vote, so in future when they whine about the new Superschools, reduced services in health (Labor has a long track record for this in SA), and cuts in the lower ranks of the PS, etc, I can say, "tough titties" :D.

Labor has a long record of 'this' everywhere
They make a good opposition party, they can pose posture and not **** ANYTHING up

my boy has 'croup' (he is always sick with something). I am so sick of being up all night, I just want one nights uninterupted sleep! Is that too much to ask? At least I have a fabulous DH who will look after him in the middle of the night and run him up to hospital for me.

picture.php

Kids don't sleep. Or rather, 50% of them do - one of mine has only just dropped below needing 12 hours of sleep a night now she's 9, and the other one is lucky to scrape in 10 hours on a good day and she's 2.

I'm on an ebay/shopping binge sorting out our winter wardrobes. I'm short by 3 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of shoes and 4 jumpers. Almost there! Kmart is amazingly cheap - much cheaper than Target and much much cheaper than ebay for basic items. Who needs to buy plain coloured winter maternity tops for $40 when you can just buy a larger size regular plain coloured top at Kmart for $6? Not like anyone is ever going to see them under several layers of jumpers and jackets in winter.

This is what I get for moving to a smaller house and doing a savage wardrobe cull which resulted in me getting rid of ALL my baggy regular clothing and just keeping the cute tight small stuff. And keeping a few larger size maternity items in a box that now turn out to be ridiculously massive and I can't actually wear *sigh* ... they're all up for sale on ebay now. Someone with a larger bottom than mine should get good use of them.

On the upside, I kept all the bras. Considering they cost anywhere from $70-120 new and I have an entire shopping bag full of them (which doesn't say much if you've ever seen the size of a maternity bra) with literally every size between a D and a GG, this is a good thing.

Also, why does noone say anything if you get fat, and if you don't get fat everyone asks "are you sure you're putting on enough weight?"

RE - trust me, people DO say stuff when you get fat. I got so sick of hearing how fat and huge I was when pg. It really didn't help that they were right - I put on nearly 30kg this last time, I have only lost half of it so far and baby is now 7 months old.

RE - trust me, people DO say stuff when you get fat. I got so sick of hearing how fat and huge I was when pg.
Hrm. I only got comments from the midwives and it was all "good, there's nothing of you". I'm getting far more comments about not gaining so much this time. I went from 48-72kg the first time (close to your 30kg), 53-75 the second and so far 53-63 this time and I can't see myself gaining 10kg in the next 3 months so I'm busy ebaying off all my bigger clothes. The other half is trying to lose weight and is complaining how can I *possibly* still weigh less than him lol. He's about 70kg and wants to get back to 65.

I must say, not getting enormous is a real novelty - I'm having fun buying pretty maternity clothes and I actually look GOOD instead of just wearing whatever keeps the wobbly bits from showing and scaring passers by. I'm also completely, utterly pregnancy symptom free this time (so far) - somewhere out there someone is getting really fat and having a horrible pregnancy because of me ;)

Major weight gain/loss does bad things to your skin though. I've always said I want a vasectomy for him and a boob job (lift/reduction) for me, and I'm soooo not kidding.

He's about 70kg and wants to get back to 65.

Major weight gain/loss does bad things to your skin though. I've always said I want a vasectomy for him and a boob job (lift/reduction) for me, and I'm soooo not kidding.

OMG! 70kgs! For a full grown man! No offence but that's too skinng, and trying to get to 65kgs! Wow, that makes me feel fat :(

I'm not overly big myself, but i carry quite a bit of muscle due to my sport which sucks, but i'm about 60kgs (want to be about 50-55kgs, it's not that bad considering i'm 5 foot tall, so i still wouldn't be a rake!), i don't think i could be with a guy less than 10-15kgs heavier than me! It's just....weird..?

I'm fussy, i don't like muscley guys, i also don't like stick thin ones, or overweight ones :p

For me, i'd rather have the kids and my tubes tied! Who cares about a vasectomy, i'd be quite happy not getting horribly sick for a few days a month! Boob job, however, i could go for that, starting to get kinda painful because i want them to get smaller, they have other ideas! :mad:

I agree, nothing wrong with fussy! My perfect man is Leonardo Di Caprio, I'm waiting for him to turn up on my door step. :D

Yummmmm.. I remember when i was younger (yes i have grown up, a little!) i was in love with him! My sister even more so. I've since then decided he got old and ugly.

But hey, if he turns up and wants to go out on a date with me. I'm not going to knock him back!

However, if for some reason boyfriend has stumbled upon this.... I'd never let Leonardo take me on a date, if he turned up i'd knock him back right away.
You're so much better than some measly actor! I'd never want to go out with him, promise!

I think i may hear about this later...

Well he's only four years older than me, so to me he's perfect. :p Although must admit I've been eyeballing some of the younger ones lately... Robert Pattinson, Ed Westwick are a few. ;)

Haha, well he's 17 years older than me!!!!!! Like double my age :eek:

I'm not much of a Robert Pattinson fan, not Ed Westwick either..I like the dorky ness of Adam Brody (dorky guy off the OC), dorky is funny, i like it...Ah, explains why i'm with boyfriend..i'm getting myself in lots of trouble!!! I also just realised Adam Brody is 30 now! So that's a bit much! I hate you Wikipedia you killed Adam Brody for me! :mad:

Now i have to perve at some more famous people, i don't find many of them attractive, they're either too tool like, or just plastic - yes even the guys..

But hey, if he turns up and wants to go out on a date with me. I'm not going to knock him back!

However, if for some reason boyfriend has stumbled upon this.... I'd never let Leonardo take me on a date, if he turned up i'd knock him back right away.
You're so much better than some measly actor! I'd never want to go out with him, promise!

I think i may hear about this later...

..Ah, explains why i'm with boyfriend..i'm getting myself in lots of trouble!!!

LOL! You are treading a fine line there, aren't you? What are the chances he won't read this? I can send him the link if you like.:D

I don't understand the attraction of Robert Pattinson. Leonardo though is another story.:cool:

Back