Weekly budgets

There is no need to be rude.
Does my being thrifty intimidate you?

Mark,
LOL..he actually is the jealous type.

Kathryn,

Your post is just as rude... I'm not nit picking, but what's good for the goose is godd for the gander... You do act quite smug & do have a go at people for not being as thrify as yo..... Sop sometimes, people will say the same thing back to you, accept it like you expect us to accept when you belilttle us by saying "people like that make me laugh... " etc etc

btw, what is a swede ?

Hey Kath .
I don't have birthdays , I'm usually too depressed in advance but on the few I do have I order something I like like a new watch or somem and most importantly , the biggest and most expensive Black Forest cake she can find.

Fish and chips sound good too to whomever said that , gonna jot that one down in the old memory department.

Gday BS . nearly 500 , not bad . You know the best morning trade I ever did , 10k while I went to make a coffee. Wish I could do that twice a week , me be vedy happy.

Cheers

Hey Kath .
I don't have birthdays , I'm usually too depressed in advance but on the few I do have I order something I like like a new watch or somem and most importantly , the biggest and most expensive Black Forest cake she can find.

Fish and chips sound good too to whomever said that , gonna jot that one down in the old memory department.

Gday BS . nearly 500 , not bad . You know the best morning trade I ever did , 10k while I went to make a coffee. Wish I could do that twice a week , me be vedy happy.Cheers

Once a month would be good enough for me !

My 40th birthday this year.

I don't want to do antyhing big deal, but would like to share it with some people.. I reckon it will be at a restaurant where I know the owners, lzst time I did this was my 30th and only took 4 people out for dinner.... More than happy to pay for it so that it can happen - cause otherwise, it won't happen !

Kathryn,

Your post is just as rude... I'm not nit picking, but what's good for the goose is godd for the gander... You do act quite smug & do have a go at people for not being as thrify as yo..... Sop sometimes, people will say the same thing back to you, accept it like you expect us to accept when you belilttle us by saying "people like that make me laugh... " etc etc

btw, what is a swede ?

You call them a swede, but in canada we call them a turnip..which is really a rutabega.
I have tried "turnips" and I don't like them.

Becareful Jaycee, I just read your reply in a post on another thread ROFLMA to what someone else just said (sorry, don't care enough to search for it)
Does that mean you are laughing at them? hmmmm

You call them a swede, but in canada we call them a turnip..which is really a rutabega.

Becareful Jaycee, I just read your reply in a post on another thread ROFLMA to what someone else just said (sorry, don't care enough to search for it)

If you didn't read what I actually wqrote, perhaps it was me alughing along with a joke someone made ?
I did not tell someone not to be rude, and then be rude to them myself like you did exactly in that post to Gordon, - what gives you the right to act rudely to people when you openly tell them hat you would like them not ot be rude to you ?

PS - what do I have to be careful about ???????
You have made your point of your thriftiness by knocking others for not being thrifty, mocking them even, directly to individuals and genrally speaking.....

Of course people will respond back and say perhaps it applies to you too, but you seem to have difficulty accepting this.

No mate.....Kath has taken it to a new level.....the words thrify or frugal would not quite describe what she is doing. We have gone past that.....

I am scratching my head as to what exactly we should call it???:p

And I thought I was a tight....

Are we confusing the words thrifty and frugal again?

I think they call it "obsessive compulsive behaviour". When you start itemising and costing the makeup of a sandwich for "fun":eek:

There really is no point in being financially independent when you get to this level of frugality.

kathryn d, for lunch (2.33 cooked chicken). Have you factored in the $0.17 for the electricity to cook the chicken. There is also $0.01 in water to wash up.
I see maybe 5-6% in uncosted expense. Surely this has blown your budget now.:p

You missed the $0.02 for paper towels for cleaning up, dishwashing liquid at $0.05.....:p

I think they call it "obsessive compulsive behaviour". When you start itemising and costing the makeup of a sandwich for "fun":eek:

There really is no point in being financially independent when you get to this level of frugality.

kathryn d, for lunch (2.33 cooked chicken). Have you factored in the $0.17 for the electricity to cook the chicken. There is also $0.01 in water to wash up.
I see maybe 5-6% in uncosted expense. Surely this has blown your budget now.:p

You missed the $0.02 for paper towels for cleaning up, dishwashing liquid at $0.05.....:p

LOL (Just in case you read Kathryn's previous post Sash, I am not ridiculing you or laughing at you, your post just reminded me of something).

One thing I do not remember seeing in our house while I was growing up was paper towels... Tissues yes, paper towels though... never

If you didn't read what I actually wqrote, perhaps it was me alughing along with a joke someone made ?
I did not tell someone not to be rude, and then be rude to them myself like you did exactly in that post to Gordon, - what gives you the right to act rudely to people when you openly tell them hat you would like them not ot be rude to you ?

PS - what do I have to be careful about ???????
You have made your point of your thriftiness by knocking others for not being thrifty, mocking them even, directly to individuals and genrally speaking.....

Of course people will respond back and say perhaps it applies to you too, but you seem to have difficulty accepting this.

If you go back and read the entire thread, you will notice I did not make fun of anyone. I offered my real life experiences. The OP stated he was having a hard time feeding a family of 3 on $700 f/n.He also asked how others managed their budget.
It is not rude for me to state we live on a lot less than that.
When Gordon Gekko asked about when stores have discounts...was it rude for me to say, all stores have their own schedule? NO.
It was only when Sash decided to comment on my thriftiness did I respond back in kind. Then it seemed to bother more of the "big spenders" and they thought they would have a turn putting down my enjoyment of my lifestyle.
Couldn't care a less.

When a poster..anywhere ...is having trouble saving money, and they ask for help..I'm more than happy to share ideas and ways of cutting back.

PS..I don't have to worry about the cost of electricity..it's all free.

Since when? So she should work a crappy job she doesn't want for life, then retire with little to nothing because she's frugal? You say some silly stuff sometimes and well... I'll just add this to the ever growing pile.

Best chicken ceasar salad I've ever had was a bit over $30 - I'd quite happily pay that (and that was take away but from a great restaurant). I like good food - I'll skip spending on a take away lunch each day for example and go somewhere good in the evenings (if it's a good lunch it usually means works buying). I can afford the takeaways or the eat ins (or both).

Having said that, for those after a cheap and easy meal at home - grab a bbq chook when on special, strip the chicken and put meat into bags in the freezer. Fast meal during the week is a bag of chicken, a diced onion, and a few tablespoons of rogan josh (or other indian style) curry paste. That plus putting rice onto boil takes all of three minutes. Easy, fast, and you know what's in it (rather than the take away from down the street). Microwave pappadums if you want (1min for six) and carrots (from frozen bag into steamer pot over rice).

Since when? So she should work a crappy job she doesn't want for life, then retire with little to nothing because she's frugal? You say some silly stuff sometimes and well... I'll just add this to the ever growing pile.

No, you just don't sweat the small stuff, and spend the time that you spend trying to work out how to save a penny, on making a few penny easily instead.

Then it seemed to bother more of the "big spenders" and they thought they would have a turn putting down my enjoyment of my lifestyle.

Lighten up kathryn d. Obviously you didn't see the tongue in cheek. :p

We all try and save a bit (it took me 48hrs once to get from Cairo - Sydney), because I didn't want to spend $5.5K on direct return flights for 2 (much rather spend it on the actual holiday). Flew from Cairo-Dubai-Singapore-Darwin-Sydney - all with transits of 4-6hrs. But then saved $2.5K (enough for 800 of kathryn d lunches:))

As for the original poster, $700/fortnight on groceries to feed 3 people seems a lot. Sounds like your buying brandname products. You will find the no-name and Coles/Woolworths, etc brands are just as good, if not better than the brand name, and are ofter produced by the same factories. This can add up to large grocery savings

Reactions: weg
Once a month would be good enough for me !

My 40th birthday this year.

I don't want to do antyhing big deal, but would like to share it with some people.. I reckon it will be at a restaurant where I know the owners, lzst time I did this was my 30th and only took 4 people out for dinner.... More than happy to pay for it so that it can happen - cause otherwise, it won't happen !

Ahh don't worry jaycee me too . Although my sister does but she does use a 200k bank .Small fries to a good trader but huge to me.
That one wasn't quite as smooth as it sounds , I actually followed that stock for nearly 3 mths before the trade until the time was ripe. So the trade only took 45mins but the prep took 3 mths. Still , was proud of it.

Cheers

Back