Weekly budgets

Older son who loves his Parma regularly goes out to eat at a pub here in the CBD well known for it's Parma's, with his mates.

Always comes home and gives me a discription and rating of it. He's even taken photos of it a few times at different angles/distances and shown me (did it again last night) :confused:.

If you're ever in Adelaide the Coopers Alehouse comes recommended :).

Thanks weg. I don't get to Adelaide as often as I used to, but will keep this one in mind!! :cool:

Ahh don't worry jaycee me too . Although my sister does but she does use a 200k bank .Small fries to a good trader but huge to me.
That one wasn't quite as smooth as it sounds , I actually followed that stock for nearly 3 mths before the trade until the time was ripe. So the trade only took 45mins but the prep took 3 mths. Still , was proud of it.
Cheers

So you should be. You suceeded in acheiving the outcome one woudl have wanted from "playing that game". You may have also added yto your arsenal of knwoledge a little more as well (wheter you've done it before a number of times or not), which migth help you idenitfy more oportunties and understanding of the same game etc etc.. Sounds like you did everything right to me....

Kathryn, no problem with me what you do etc. I've tried not to get too deep into it, but you have, for reasons of defence or not, still come across as smug about it and laughing, yes you used the word saying that people make you laugh when they say they want this or that for their retimrent when they don't earn it now (for example), that's all I was saying. That comes across the same way to someone reading as it does coming you or from somone one else saying it to you..

Should I break out into singing Koombaaya yet....sorry could not help it???;)

On a more serious note based on my thread on how much it costs to live.....very few people can on the amount Kathyrn does.

Perhaps you should write a book Kath on the topic....should we canvas SS for a title for the book?:D

So you should be. You suceeded in acheiving the outcome one woudl have wanted from "playing that game". You may have also added yto your arsenal of knwoledge a little more as well (wheter you've done it before a number of times or not), which migth help you idenitfy more oportunties and understanding of the same game etc etc.. Sounds like you did everything right to me....

Kathryn, no problem with me what you do etc. I've tried not to get too deep into it, but you have, for reasons of defence or not, still come across as smug about it and laughing, yes you used the word saying that people make you laugh when they say they want this or that for their retimrent when they don't earn it now (for example), that's all I was saying. That comes across the same way to someone reading as it does coming you or from somone one else saying it to you..

On a more serious note based on my thread on how much it costs to live.....very few people can on the amount Kathyrn does.

Perhaps you should write a book Kath on the topic....should we canvas SS for a title for the book?:D

yeah sorry, let's just be sarcastic and negative even when we don't mean it instead.... sorry couldn't help it!!!;)

You did READ my post first didn;t you.. you do realise my first paragraph was talking to Random and the 2nd to Kathryn. I didnt think I was that soppy in either but each to their own, thanks for feeling the need to point it out.

Actually anyone can...if they want to.
There are lots of people who live on less than me, and just as happy. :p
Our $65 membership fee to get free accommodation for 8 months was a great deal.

I was reading about a young adult who wanted to by a camper van so they could give up their rental and save money for a house. They planned on cooking on the free barbeques in the park when available. They also had a gym membership so they are able to take showers daily before heading off to work.
People can be very resourceful. I find this stuff very interesting, thus why I do not feel deprived.

Sash is suggesting most people i the cities tody won't go for it kathry, surely you woud agree to that. It's not about "can" all the time.. People can survive on next to nothing for a long time, ask those who have lived through wars etc, going by that, you can live off a lot less than what you already do.. but before it gets to the ridiculous.....

Yep....I 100% agree.

The only issue is that this is the Somersoft Property Investors Forum...from which I can deduce that people are looking to improve their financial situation.

Kath.....can easily retire and life off Social security in Australia....the combined welfare payments for two unemployed adults can easily be over $550pw if rent assistance is taken into account. She is currently existing on less than this....and the figure I have given does not include other payments such as subisidies for healthcare, utilities, transport, etc.

So your point...about ridiculous is valid......why?....why?...I ask.....:D

Sash is suggesting most people i the cities tody won't go for it kathry, surely you woud agree to that. It's not about "can" all the time.. People can survive on next to nothing for a long time, ask those who have lived through wars etc, going by that, you can live off a lot less than what you already do.. but before it gets to the ridiculous.....

Yep....I 100% agree.

The only issue is that this is the Somersoft Property Investors Forum...from which I can deduce that people are looking to improve their financial situation.

Kath.....can easily retire and life off Social security in Australia....the combined welfare payments for two unemployed adults can easily be over $550pw if rent assistance is taken into account. She is currently existing on less than this....and the figure I have given does not include other payments such as subisidies for healthcare, utilities, transport, etc.

So your point...about ridiculous is valid......why?....why?...I ask.....:D

Not that I ever would, but I highly doubt I would qualify for welfare.
I shouldn't be used as an example of what life is like in retirement.Rob and I have our financial agenda for the time being. It certainly won't stay at this budget forever.In a few short years we are going to have a hard time being able to have zero income tax to pay.
Most people wouldn't retire at our age, but my earned income was such, it made very little financial sense to continue. I have no intention of working 40 hrs a week for a small wage. It weekly pay equalled 1.5 % of our gross monthly rental.
If we had to pay for housing,power,gas etc it would be substantially more than budget of $1000 month.
I have read my books,googled,asked for advice over the years.You also see others on SS doing the same thing. There is no reason for someone not to own a house or an IP if they put their mind to it.

I don't mind holding ourself as an example of what can be done, if you are willing to sacrifice for their future freedom.
I am also very willing to offer my advice on how to achieve this.

I use the Iphone app "Spendings"..........yes I know, it should be called "Savings" :)

Anyway, I use this to track transactions, then export it each month to a spreadsheet, works well.

GG

I whenever I buy something from the shops using eftpos and the cashier asks me "Savings?", I always reply "Well this time it's spendings".

:D :cool: Oh yes, I impress the ladies.

I have to knuckle down and start saving again! I haven't been spending willy nilly or anything but my bank balance has gone down quite a bit so now I need to get stricter if I want to be in the position to buy again in 2012. In 2010 on a $50 K salary I forked out $3800 ip holding cost and $5000 stamp duty loan which didn't leave me much chance to save.

Can anyone recommend a good iphone app - Is iexpense good?

Perhaps I need to start tracking stuff i'm spending my money on again. Become more accountable! This has worked for me in losing weight. Now that i've paid off my stamp duty loan that will free up $5 K for the year.

My main expense has been food. I have been treating myself to cherries and apricots. yum, anything to get this weight off hey. I also dont cook and often buy sushi for dinner or other healthy type take away foods. I'm obsessed with losing the weight. I'm sure I can get my obsession back for saving again. Once I have my mindset to do something nothing can stop me.

I've decided to record my fortnightly savings progress in my sig. This will act as a constant reminder and motivator! I think $250 per fortnight average for 12 months is achievable for me

Expences

Another way to understand your spending - log onto online banking and download all your transactions for past year or more. Easy to sort and get high level view of spending and income. Try not to use cash, use efpos so you have the record captured.

All our expenses go through our credit card then at end of month transfer funds from personal LOC to pay out credit card. Everything is documented on card where its going to.

Back