What do you do?

Job1: owner of an import/distribution online business

Job 2: Office/marketing/ finance manager for hubbys busniness (basically he does the "job" i run the biz ) :)

I freelance as a small arms dealer between SE Asia and Africa.
Phuket is the most expensive place in Thailand and it's crap. If you move to Thailand then I recommend Pattaya because it's only 1.5hrs to the airport and 2 hours to BKK plus it has buses that go all over the country if you want to visit teelak's family in bumfukville. It also has a large range of restaurants, women and other things that will make you feel at home.

Full time developer. I build my own dwellings too (registered builder).

I also help others get their DA's/Permits and build their developments as well.

Cheers
Oscar

I freelance as a small arms dealer between SE Asia and Africa.
Phuket is the most expensive place in Thailand and it's crap. If you move to Thailand then I recommend Pattaya because it's only 1.5hrs to the airport and 2 hours to BKK plus it has buses that go all over the country if you want to visit teelak's family in bumfukville. It also has a large range of restaurants, women and other things that will make you feel at home.

If you like Pattaya, then that says more about your character than anything else.

This roster is 12hr days 7 days then 7 nights, then 13 days off since the long travel times. Personally I prefer 12.5hr days and 2/1 or 4/2 for more money.

So you are working double the hours of someone who works 40 hours per week over the course of a year?

Normal 40hrs
40x52 = 2080

2/2 (current)
26(12x7) = 2184

2/1 or 4/2 (want I prefer)
35(12x7) = 2940

So I work 104 more hours a year on 2/2 roster or 860 more hours on 2/1

Unless of course your talking about total time on site? then that is 4368hrs a year.

Arent you working 12hour day shifts for 7 days, followed by 12 hour night shift or 7 night? That is 168 hours over 2 weeks.

168 hours x 13 blocks per annum = 4368 hours.

??

Nah its 84 a week or 168 a block only do 13 blocks a year so its

168x13

I wish I could do 168hrs a week id gross over 8k a week then :D

Nah its 84 a week or 168 a block only do 13 blocks a year so its

168x13

I wish I could do 168hrs a week id gross over 8k a week then :D

Sorry I must be having a dumb moment. Didnt you say you work 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off? So over the course of a year you work 26 weeks on and 26 weeks off?

and I know a lot of people (because I'm and old b@stard who's lived in a lot of places).

So, without giving many details (or a lot of you feel like it), would you care to tell us what you do for a crust?
In the last 2 years day trader sometimes that can go into weeks-months and still end up with nothing,, pick up the rents every 2 weeks listen to everyones problems,and inbetween walk up the pobox and pick up the div's cheques..

From my nights hiding in the CHPP its the hardest job on the minesite :D

But you do come home dirty every day some how :confused:

Yes - he regularly gets spat on by the slurry ... professionally he's a metallurgist, but not much call for them in Australia atm.

But he's not into to real estate side ... so I guess I'm just a professional jack-of-everything (although I haven't learnt to drive the tractor "yet") so that he can go to work and earn the money.

Sorry I must be having a dumb moment. Didnt you say you work 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off? So over the course of a year you work 26 weeks on and 26 weeks off?

That's it, equal time is a great lifestyle roster its not a great money making roster tho. 5 days on 5 days off is the same or 7/7. If you really want to make big money in the mines you do have to put in the extra hours and limit your time off.

Yes - he regularly gets spat on by the slurry ... professionally he's a metallurgist, but not much call for them in Australia atm.

But he's not into to real estate side ... so I guess I'm just a professional jack-of-everything (although I haven't learnt to drive the tractor "yet") so that he can go to work and earn the money.

Really I see a lot of metallurgists on SEEK these days.

Back