What is the 'worst' suburb in your city?

Just in terms of general perception, what is the 'worst' suburb in your city?

If you said you lived in x burb at a dinner party, what burb would most silence the room? (not talking about investment potential)

In Brisbane I'd say Inala.

While there are many that would sat Mt Druitt, I dont think thats really the case anymore.

At a first stab for sydney (no pun intended), Punchbowl, Merrylands, Bidwill.

Take your pick of western or southwestern Sydney. Not so much at dinner party but if I had job applicant telling me they were from Mt. Druitt or Cabramatta, I would immediately mentally veto them.

Take your pick of western or southwestern Sydney. Not so much at dinner party but if I had job applicant telling me they were from Mt. Druitt or Cabramatta, I would immediately mentally veto them.

Bahaha.. Obviously trying to trigger certain reactions in this forum

Bahaha.. Obviously trying to trigger certain reactions in this forum

LOL yeah.

Funnily enough, I had a number of crime issues at my former PPOR in Killara on the north shore, and yet have had none at my house in western sydney. But gross generalisations are always good fun :)

I used to get some scared looks when i said i went to high school in Lockridge in WA. The area has been gentrified a little since.

I used to get some scared looks when i said i went to high school in Lockridge in WA.

I get the same when people find out I spent the first eighteen years of my life in Kelmscott. ;)

Not the 'worst' suburb any more, but Balga is one area that tends to get pretty funny reactions from people.

what do you mean "worst" suburb?

Mt Druitt in Sydney maybe is a Best yield investing suburb in Sydney.

Merrylands also relatively close to CBD and Parramtta and relative cheap property price.

Drummoyne surrounding by water many of the units have waterview, but I lost money in investing in a unit in Drummoyne.......

sometimes, I wondering why people pay for millions of dollars in one property where you can buy almost the whole street in Mt Druitt, Merrylands...

What is "worst" mean ?????????:confused:

I think in Melbourne it's fair to say frankston north has its fair share of bogans

However, in terms of worst I would definitely say that any place where you actually feel unsafe walking the streets is far worse then being surrounded by neighbours with mullets who blast cold chisel and drink vb all weekend long.

Dallas
Doveton
St Albans ?

What about Tanti estate Mornington? A copper I know got shot at down that way

0012_ot.jpg

My current place? Windale or Edgeworth.

Sydney? Wilmot.

Central Coast? Watanobbi.

Where I used to live (Adelaide), the suburbs often picked out for a joke were Elizabeth and the surrounding suburbs, particularly Daveron Park. Others that would occasionally get mentioned were Kilburn, which has a nice part, and a not so nice part, and a few outer southern suburbs like Hackham. A few of them are starting to change for the better though.

Here in Gladstone, the suburb of Barney Point is considered bottom of the pack.

Hmmm I'd vote for:
Langford (don't know it's current rep but I'm amazed I used to traipse fearlessly around after midnight delivering pizzas in the 90s)
Balga
Midland (Esp train station)
Mandurah suburbs ( not the nice bits)

Back