What's your favourite Sunday night snack?

I like a toastie topped with grilled cheese and asparagus that's browned under a grill.:D

What do you cook thats yummy, quick and easy ?

Cadbury's dairymilk chocolate straight out of the fridge with a glass of red wine.
Serious.

Opening the bottle and unwrapping the chocolate takes a bit of time though.

By Sunday night? Leftovers!!! Yum.

Or, if I'm really hungry - oven baked chicken wings. Quick to prepare although they take a while to cook. In between the turning I get on Somersoft... not really a snack, though :p

DJ

Pipe loaf bread...sliced into thick slices: or better still a sourdough type or European type loaf (eg ciabatta/pane di casa's)

Toastie theme again: (sort of like little pizzas)

Mozz cheese

coupla eggs

chopped bacon

chopped tomatoes

chopped spring onions

chopped garlic

pepper/fresh parsley...depending on who is eating-preferences olives etc can be added

mix it all up in bowl, spread over the bread, toast in oven until the right color-wont last long :)

Alternatively, home grown watermelon and rockmelons in summer-or fresh fruit platter; pineapple/rockie/watermelon/cherries/strawbs/kiwi ft/etc doesn't last long either

Cadbury's dairymilk chocolate straight out of the fridge with a glass of red wine.
Serious.

I'm 100% committed to LA Aussies tastes. Shame this week the chocolates were $1 dearer than last week. Maybe next week I can grab some on special. Now what will I have with my wine?

Sunday is the one night where all the adult family are at home and eat together. So I usually have the best meal of the week on Sunday - for us this is usually some type of curry, naan's, rice and vegetables. So at least I feel like they have eaten properly for one meal a week!

Pushka how about sharing your best Madras recipe with us all? Love the stuff!

Our Obsession, do you mean raw egg mixed up? Or hard boiled? Sounds yummy anyway,I'd like to try that.

yep raw eggs...it all becomes a mush, spreadable by scoop the spoon...and use it's underside to smooth it out, (like you trowel cement when its poured)

I have two favourites for meat - Butter Chicken and Tandoori Chops, .

Butter chicken - for 4 adults
I use three packets :eek: of Asian Home Gourmet Butter Chicken Paste (the closest I have found to real Indian butter chicken)
1 tablespoon of Chopped Chillii paste (usually from a jar!) - add more if you want, or not even at all if a newbie!
1 tablespoon butter
700 gms chicken thighs
1 can chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup low fat cream (I use that cooking cream you can get now with the green lid)

I use a creuset style - heavy iron pan - I love this! - worth the dollars.

On a stove top heat the butter with a dash of olive oil and add the paste sachets and chilli paste and stir until fragrant. Cut the thighs into three pieces, add to the pan. When pieces are coated with the spices, add the can of tomatoes. When this is basically boiling, put on the lid and pop into an 180C oven and cook for around 60 minutes. When slightly cool, add the cream. Easy peasy!

I usually make this in the morning or even the day before because the flavour just gets better with age!

The tandoori chops - I mix up tandoori paste with yoghurt and coat the required number of loin chops and leave to marinate for a couple of hours. Then I put them on a rack into a baking dish and cook on 200c for around an hour. If having a decadent :p meal, I then make a sauce with the pan drippings with cream and pour this over the chops.

The family grumble about vegies, so I usually cook them in some kind of spicy paste which seems to work - so this means using a Lamb korma curry style base into which the vegies (carrots, beans, even zucchini, broccoli or whatever) are simmered and coconut milk added.

I never use simmer sauces, you have to use the pastes to get the real flavour!

Once you get into the pastes, Indian meals are really easy to cook!

Im too lazy to cook so my fave is a Subway of some variety then a Maxibon or alternatively cheese on toast then chocolate. Real chocolate that is, of the dark variety!

Serious.

Saw some wine chocolate down the local bottle-o. Dark chocolate infused with Shiraz, merlot or pinot noir. Havent tried it yet but sounds interesting. Also, Lindt have a new chilli dark chocolate flavour I am dying to try.

natmarie73 - we have had the lindt chilli a few times. it is quite good, esp if you are a chilli lover. even better when you get it on special for 1.99 instead of the usual 3.29 or so. my fave choc is their dark mint or the dark coffee one though.

Pretend Nachos. Rapid to prepare and rapidly devoured.

Pasta sauce dumped on a bed of corn chips topped with cheese and nuked for 3 minutes.
It may not sound the best but my boys scoff it in no time!

Aglio e Olio

Boil pasta sticks

then with about 3 minutes left on the sticks make sauce
extra virgin olive oil
a crushed Garlic clove
chopped parsley
salt & pepper to taste
( chilli optional )

* Dont over cook the garlic, Golden = ok / brown= no good

Serious.

MMMMM, good combo its nice with dark chocolate too.
Dont think I can hold out to Sunday though...

Back