Where are your properties?

Melbourne gettin no love? I’ll represent.

3 x South Yarra
1 x Caulfield South (OTP still)
1 x West Footscray
1 x Glamorous Point Cook. It’s just like west LA, except not

I don’t know if anyone cares but I got an update.

Cut loose the Caulfied OTP IP, got my deposit back, best decision of my life so far.

BOUGHT
-3bedroom apartment in Toorak (2011)
-3bedroom house in Werribee (future dev site, almost 700sqm) (2011)

I skipped town in 2012 so no purchases, and my parents self manage all the properties now, they love it.

2013? I don’t know. I’m tired of waiting for CG, got no cash for developing. If theres an uptic in demand I might off load an IP to finance development or look into CIP. Anyway I guess I want cash flow in 2013. Yeah that be nice.

PPOR - Taigum QLD
IP1 -Taigum QLD (2011)
IP2 - Bracken Ridge QLD (2012)
IP3 - Bridgeman Downs QLD (2013) - acreage (currently classified rural, but being 15-20km to city, has potential. i believe land size is best for future capital gain, especially close to CDB)
Will try to save some more cash for another purchase in 2014!!

Mine are currently all units in the Sydney Metropolian Region.

1 x 1bdr Alexandria
1 x 2bdr Granville
1 x 2dbr Croydon Park
1 x 2bdr St Marys

Looking to diversify into slightly higher risk; so I'm looking at the US (Chiefly; Phoenix area if I can afford it, or parts of Texas), and possibly South Australia (higher-risk mining towns).

I still have around 40% of my land tax threshold to invest in NSW state though, so I could probably squeeze a couple more units in, in that state, though I don't have the equity/leverage needed to invest in Sydney again anytime soon.

Looking at sub-$100K properties now in other states or the US.

Cameron McEvoy
www.propertyspectator.blogspot.com

I don't have the equity/leverage needed to invest in Sydney again anytime soon.

Looking at sub-$100K properties now in the US.

Really?

Seriously, if you don't have the funds to invest in Sydney, then do you really have the funds to invest overseas? I'm not saying don't do it, BUT do a heck of a lot of due dilligence before you make that move. It's a completely different animal to the local beasts.

Really?

Seriously, if you don't have the funds to invest in Sydney, then do you really have the funds to invest overseas? I'm not saying don't do it, BUT do a heck of a lot of due dilligence before you make that move. It's a completely different animal to the local beasts.

Yeah I'm with skater here, if you have the funds to buy in the US then you would have the funds to buy here when you take the leverage into account. Or do you have access to finance for US properties Cameron?

Mine are currently all units in the Sydney Metropolian Region.

1 x 1bdr Alexandria
1 x 2bdr Granville
1 x 2dbr Croydon Park
1 x 2bdr St Marys

Looking to diversify into slightly higher risk; so I'm looking at the US (Chiefly; Phoenix area if I can afford it, or parts of Texas), and possibly South Australia (higher-risk mining towns).

I still have around 40% of my land tax threshold to invest in NSW state though, so I could probably squeeze a couple more units in, in that state, though I don't have the equity/leverage needed to invest in Sydney again anytime soon.

Looking at sub-$100K properties now in other states or the US.

Cameron McEvoy

Unfortunately buying in US I believe is not such a good idea at the moment as foreclosures have already jumped up 40% and the net yields I have seen lately are very average, around 10% in real terms probably only 7-8% net. There is alot of slippage, and you need more than 4 properties to make it work as there are many costs ie setting up structures, accounting fees, lawyer etc.

I would not touch any of the loans in US as they have high set up fees, high interest rates and they are high risk, insurance required for these loans can also be a nightmare. My lawyer looked at a couple of loan contracts and he agreed they are very high risk for foreign investors and just another layer of complicated paperwork.

I would have to agree with others stick to Oz, you can leverage and IR are low, not that difficult to find neutral/cash flow deals.

Cheers,MTR

Just started investing (2012), so not a big portfolio.

2X Greystanes (duplex being built)
1X Thomastown (4 unit site, DA stage)
1X Goulburn NSW (Deve site)
1X Girrawheen WA (future R60 site if that happens)
1X Redbank plains QLD (deve site)

Just started investing (2012), so not a big portfolio.

2X Greystanes (duplex being built)
1X Thomastown (4 unit site, DA stage)
1X Goulburn NSW (Deve site)
1X Girrawheen WA (future R60 site if that happens)
1X Redbank plains QLD (deve site)

In 2 years, you have 6 properties! Good work! Did you have any background in property development?

Cheers.

Back