Where are your properties?

wow, some very impressive portfolios listed here, feelings of inadequacy... must try harder!
Great question from OP. Too late now, but would also have been interesting to know how many years the 'veterans' (!) have been building their portfolios... might make us relative newbies feel a bit better! (or not...)

assuming 99% of people actually want to or can afford to live in the city. not even a remotely accurate statement so i wouldn't worry about following that advice.

so where do ppl want to live then? most of the white collar jobs are in the city or inner suburbs so unless you're a fisherman in some village - most would be concentrated in staying in areas close to the where they work unless you prefer consuming time commuting. yeah a lawyer who spends most his time in down town melbourne courts wants to live in rye.

Hi Danel,
Why eastern suburbs? Do you think they are blue chips and have potential to growth?

Hi lamecrocs

I think the idea is to accept that people buy in all sorts of places

It would sidetrack the thread to start examining where one or another person buys

Cheers
Kristine

Quick answer, always lived here, bought house in 88, liked the growth, continued buying, looked interstate, too hard, kept buying in ES. So far so good

1 Box Hill North VIC --> planing to build one at the back.
1 Blackburn VIC
1 Ringwood East VIC
1 Gladstone QLD.

I wonder for those with 10+ property, are you also a PAYG employee or is the property main source of income? How do you keep on top of all the paperwork?

1 Box Hill North VIC --> planing to build one at the back.
1 Blackburn VIC
1 Ringwood East VIC
1 Gladstone QLD.

I wonder for those with 10+ property, are you also a PAYG employee or is the property main source of income? How do you keep on top of all the paperwork?

For us, my husband always managed the properties, starting with the first one.(2004) At the time I held a PAYG job. Last year I quit that.

Just updating due to new purchase :)

PPOR Merewether purchased 2007 for 740K 90% equity
Wickham # 1 Purchased 2010 for 290K renovated and now renting for $460
Wickham #2 purchased 2011 for 295K still renovating hope to rent out for $430

Still looking for IP number 3

assuming 99% of people actually want to or can afford to live in the city. not even a remotely accurate statement so i wouldn't worry about following that advice.

The above had me quickly look at the ABS site (things you do early in the AM huh :D)

POPULATION DISTRIBUTION

In 2006, Australia's population reached 20.7 million people. More than two-thirds of people lived in Major Cities (68%) and the remainder (32%) were in Regional and Remote areas.

The proportion of the population living in each of the Remoteness Areas (broad geographical areas sharing common characteristics of remoteness) varied considerably across the states and territories.

For most of the large states, including New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia, people were concentrated in the Major Cities. Queensland had a relatively high proportion of its population in the Inner and Outer Regional areas (37%) compared with the other large states. All of the people living in the Northern Territory were located in either Outer Regional areas (including Darwin) (55%), Remote areas (22%) or Very Remote areas (23%).

more info clicky link

We only own one property

Our abode is in Melbourne inner north west of
Ascot Vale... purchased in May 2010

previously our house was located in Melbourne east - Blackburn

Just reading this again and wondering if anyone had any updates?

We're looking at selling 1 this FY and maybe another next FY to purchase a new asset

In the family we have
2 in highgate hill qld
4 in Kadina SA
1 in Black Point SA
1 in coobowie SA
1 in Black Rock SA
1 in Dublin SA
1 port broughton SA
1 in Port Param SA

looking for one in moorooka/annerley QLD now

1 x Frankston unit
1 x Melton townhouse
1 x Ballarat house

I don't see myself adding any more - don't want to add debt at this stage of life.

1st IP Wallan Vic, 2nd IP Callala Beach Nsw south Coast, and live with mum and dad. Im suprised there isnt anyone else with IP in nsw south coast or there is little discussion about this area.... Any reason for this??

1 x unit Brunswick West (VIC)
1x townhouse Brunswick (VIC)
1 x house Kingsley (WA)
1 x house Duncraig (WA)

Once we finish the reno on our PPOR we hope to give the commercial world a go in Perth. It would be nice to have some money coming in for a change :)

Back