Worst Tradies ever?

I used a Chinese company who did a brilliant job on my kitchen for perhaps 1/3 of the cost.

Me too ;):D.

It takes a while to find good tradies that don't overcharge (or are cheap) and once you do you don't let them go.

I've found that sometimes really cheap can be good but you need to be careful.

Not surprisingly some of these really cheap but good tradies I've sourced over the years have come from the lower socio economic suburbs like Elizabeth.

My husband say they don't have the private schools fees to pay :rolleyes:.

i get this all the time ,i simply tell them to get the person who did the job to go back and fix their work as obviously i am not good enough to have done the job in the first place

When this happens to me i charge them my original quote for the whole job.

Being an electrician it annoys me when people under charge by ridiculous amounts.

Most people would be surprised at the rates people should be charging themselves out for and the reason they charge themselves out for less is because 90% of the time the person who is actually doing the work is the apprentice and not the tradesman.

Me too ;):D.

It takes a while to find good tradies that don't overcharge (or are cheap) and once you do you don't let them go.

I've found that sometimes really cheap can be good but you need to be careful.

Not surprisingly some of these really cheap but good tradies I've sourced over the years have come from the lower socio economic suburbs like Elizabeth.

My husband say they don't have the private schools fees to pay :rolleyes:.
Ah - it is finished. How does it look? Did you post photos?

Ah - it is finished. How does it look? Did you post photos?

No i didn't post pics but the kitchen looks fantastic.

Our computer guy who used to do kitchens had a good look at it, and was impressed with both the price and quality :D.

What I particularly like are taller than normal pantry and cupboards, and that it doesn't have that flimsy look you get with some kitchens.

I guess I'm fortunate to have grown up around and worked in a trade, but even still, i know which friends I would use for what work.

Chinese plasterers typically like a $/m2 rate more so than a lump sum. This will typically mean the more they put up in a day the more they make. Ive known some to hide on-site at night then work through the night. Sure they get the sheets up and stopped, but not much use when your left with train tracks down your walls/ceilings.

You don't necessarily get what you pay for, Ive seen both ends of the spectrum. There's no hard and fast way to know what your tradie will be like on your job. For the larger work my advice is stay away from good friends to do the work. Seen it go sour too many times.

Back