2013 Lomas Hotspots

Went with a friend to see Margaret Lomas last night. She's "embargoed" her hotspot list another couple of days but after just a few months of reading this forum I don't think she's really picked up on many that aren't already talked about here! I'll post her full hot and warm list if you like on the 12th.

Went with a friend to see Margaret Lomas last night. She's "embargoed" her hotspot list another couple of days but after just a few months of reading this forum I don't think she's really picked up on many that aren't already talked about here! I'll post her full hot and warm list if you like on the 12th.

Would be interested in viewing her list.

Yes, you will find many hotspots mentioned by these gurus have already been identified by many investors.

Also, surprising I have noticed in previous booms how they miss the mark on some areas/suburbs that took off.

In saying this got to respect this women and what she has achieved.

MTR

This would be my guess..

Greystanes, Seven Hills, Logan Shire, Penrith, Blacktown, Toowoomba, Rockingham WA, Huntfield Heights SA.

;)

This is what she said in July 2012 at the Property expo.

Hot spots
NSW : Hunter valley, Orange, Bathurst, black town
VIC : Ballarat, bendigo, Melton Geelong
QLD: Toowoomba, Radcliffe, bundaberg, rockhampton
SA: Port noarlunga port Adelaide
WA: Rocking ham, Armadale

Not TAS, nt, act

I still don't understand the infatuation with the Hunter Valley. Plenty of 'gurus' talking it up. Anybody care to enlighten me please?

I'm betting my chips on Logan Central.

Blacktown, I would have thought the horse has already bolted, has been running hot for quite some time now.

This is what she said in July 2012 at the Property expo.

Hot spots
NSW : Hunter valley, Orange, Bathurst, black town
VIC : Ballarat, bendigo, Melton Geelong

she's been saying hunter for at least 2 years now, which is a fair and good pick,
NSW
Orange I think the horse has bolted or on its way
bathurst: good pick
Blacktown: still got a bit of growth to go so a good one as well, however, I dont recall her saying that last year (I was probably daydreaming)

VIC: ballarat, bendgio, she has been saying that for at least 2-2.5 years now, ballarat has tanked since she mentioned it first, similar to bendigo, now would be a good time to get into for the long run, so id consider that to be a dud pick
melton: what a disaster, she couldnt have got it more wrong
latrobe valley: she also hotspotted a few latrobe valley suburbs eg morwell, traralgon, moe etc, I did ask her whether she had an explanation as to why latrobe still continued(s) to drop, but she didnt answer the question
Geelong: hasnt done much in 2 years, possibly dropped slightly depending on who you talk to

so overall in my mind she has not much credibility

GREAT guesses lol. My friend follows along with her and so far as bought Elizabeth and Morwell and it was interesting to see the "guru" in the flesh.

Plenty of people did act like she was a guru - get her to autograph property books, rushing the tables to buy a book, and trying to get to her in person to ask a question. It wasn't as cult like or evangelical as I had thought it could be and not toooo much pushing of her own stuff. Didn't like the fact she had other folk shilling crap before she spoke though.

She was interesting to listen to and explain how she picks and what she has done research wise to come up with her list and some general property insights too but I didn't drink the kool-aid entirely.

I went to the seminar.

Does anyone know what she was recommended 2-3 years ago and what happened to those areas?

I filled a small book with her selections (and reasons) for the entire country when she was in Brisbane in 2010. I wont bother digging up the book, they were the usual suspects. Unfortunately her comments about SEQld didn't pan out unless I misunderstood the comment about buying anything in SEQ and it will go up in value. I'm still sad about that one. She was also optimistic about SA because of Olympic Dam.

In my mind her predictions were sound but more for a five-year time frame than immediately.

We have a property at Redcliffe (Radcliffe??) and it has gone nowhere in three years.

Guru's? Ha!

I'll tell you were the hotspot is....find a suburb within your price range then a suitable property to which you can add value to. There's your short-term growth. :)

Oscar

Think the thing to remember which I've heard her say, that these a hotspots to buy in... but they are still long term purchases.

Usually they all make sense as medium-long term investments.

Problem is people think hotspots and think immediate growth... which makes sense as they are meant to be HOT!

And as we know once it's talked about by the media is it still a 'hotspot'???

Think the thing to remember which I've heard her say, that these a hotspots to buy in... but they are still long term purchases.

Usually they all make sense as medium-long term investments.

Problem is people think hotspots and think immediate growth... which makes sense as they are meant to be HOT!

And as we know once it's talked about by the media is it still a 'hotspot'???

Which to me sounds misleading.

"Hot" to me means "on the boil" with the market going off, not "sit and wait some inordinate long time frame and there might be some CG if you cross your fingers and pay homage".

Which to me sounds misleading.

"Hot" to me means "on the boil" with the market going off, not "sit and wait some inordinate long time frame and there might be some CG if you cross your fingers and pay homage".

hot means too hot to touch, and that you should almost leave it alone because its done its boom already

hers should be labelled, "long term gold mines" or "long term go aheads"

I went in Melb. Personally I think she is pretty impressive and her ethics are appealing in what is at times a rotten industry.

I haven't heard her picks before so not sure of her strike rate but all predictions should be taken with a grain of salt - just look at economists!

At least she practices what she preaches.

I agree with you OC1 - adding value is a better strategy to use, I reckon.

Why hang around for capital growth when you can manufacture it yourself,

then take your spoils and get onto the next deal matey.......

the grass isn't greener on the other side, it's greener where you water it!

- read it on this forum somewhere today....:D

Back