2013 Lomas Hotspots

Thanks guys,

I'm ideally looking for something cash flow neutral that I could buy, reno, hold but if I could find something I could reno, flip and make $20 grand on I might do that instead. :confused: I've got approval for IP 4 but not sure where to look next.:(

Allgood

This would be my guess..

Greystanes, Seven Hills, Logan Shire, Penrith, Blacktown, Toowoomba, Rockingham WA, Huntfield Heights SA.

;)

This is what she said in July 2012 at the Property expo.

Hot spots
NSW : Hunter valley, Orange, Bathurst, black town
VIC : Ballarat, bendigo, Melton Geelong
QLD: Toowoomba, Radcliffe, bundaberg, rockhampton
SA: Port noarlunga port Adelaide
WA: Rocking ham, Armadale

Not TAS, nt, act

Getting back to ML hotspots for 2013, I will speak for Perth, her predictions... well really not that great in terms of growth, though Perth was a rising market from 2012, there were much better options than Rockinham and Armadale that is for sure, pretty poor result IMO

Syd market - I know Blacktown did well, and perhaps Hunter Valley, would be keen on those who understand this market 2013-2014

This is what I dislike immensely about the property gurus in the main they are pretty average as far as predictions go, its hit and miss.

Would be curious on what others think, not that impressed on her predictions on Melb??

Perhaps this is why we need to just do our own research and not follow the so called experts

Anyone used her 20 Questions method to find IP's?

I made a due diligence spreadsheet based on the book. If anyone is interested I can post it up here. Never got round to using it though as I was preoccupied looking for a PPOR.

The difficulty I found though was she glossed over the suburb shortlisting phase (she made it sound as simple as Googling everything available on real estate websites in Australia, and slowly filtering down from there).

I made a due diligence spreadsheet based on the book. If anyone is interested I can post it up here. Never got round to using it though as I was preoccupied looking for a PPOR.

The difficulty I found though was she glossed over the suburb shortlisting phase (she made it sound as simple as Googling everything available on real estate websites in Australia, and slowly filtering down from there).

please do share it thanks:p

Yes, totally agree. That's why it's good to get a few pointers.
I think the 20 questions are a good idea and would love to see the spreadsheet too. Like most of us, I have my own set of questions now and will definitely be answering them too.
Agreeing with MTR and others about the hotspots being all that hot (except for Sydney and surrounds which has done remarkably well everywhere). In fact, it's now my plan to steer clear of hotspots because when there are too many investors the rental yields go down/plateau.
True though, she has always said to do your own research.
GFC aside, there are some places she didn't consider which did really well.

Davoren Park has suffered a lot from the Playford Alive land release. I think the urban renewal program throughout that whole area will make a difference long term (it always been the end of the earth out there) which is why we just bought in Munno Para which is down fifteen percent over three years or so. You buy at the bottom of the market not at the top of it. People buying into sydney as an investment certainly don't understand this. I reckon Davo and those sort of areas are reasonably safe long term bets, they are cheap, Adelaide has strong rental demand generally and I think the renewal program and improvements in infrastructure links (NEXY, the Northern Connector and South Road upgrade) will also add value.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Playford. That makes me feel more confident about holding long term.

Back