Am I getting old?

no, they're saying i'm "too young to be at this pub - please step this way sir..." :p

Lol!

Surprisingly when i was down in Melbourne i was only asked for ID at Crown!
Although i think this was mainly to do with the fact that i was tagging along with a friend who is quite clearly over the 18 year mark!

When it's just my friends and i, they take our ID stand there for 10 mins trying to see if there's an extra piece of laminate over the top, or stare us down hoping we'll crack under the pressure!

unfortunately i'm the other way - i get people squinting at me saying "you look to too young to..."

a) be married
b) have 3 kids
c) own your own business
d) know what you're talking about
e) drink here
f) hang out with these people
g) drive (!)

sad when you're pushing 30 and still get a suss look and security still scratches your birthdate with their fingernails to make sure you are actually 18.

Show off!!!:p

A parent asked me if I was retiring soon. I was a bit insulted then when I said no she said "Oh that's good because I'd like (the next child) to have you when she starts school. I felt better (well a little). And this only days after I felt good that Rob Williams didn't think I looked 50.
Oh well. I guess it's all relative. to those in their mid 20's I suppose 50 seems old.
I can't believe how these little kids can drive cars nowadays.:eek:

also comes down to appearance ... okay, so i'm pushing rather a bit over forty, but i like to stay funky (without being mutton dressed as lamb) so often get mistaken for 5-10years younger.

helps a lot that i've had my "colours" done and learnt how to dress to look like i'm 10cm taller and 10kg lighter.

doesn't hurt that i live in an area where it is a high socio economic level - hence "parents" tend to be older.

I agree that hair colour/style and clothing make a huge difference.

If you've ever read those magazine articles '50 now the new 40' and even '60 now the new 50' you'll notice none of them have hair al la naturale or trackie dacks on.

Don't worry about those kind of questions Skater,wait till the teeny waitress asks if you have a "seniors card" ![ and you are only 50 ] funny, now I have a seniors card no one asks if I have one.

Don't worry about those kind of questions Skater,wait till the teeny waitress asks if you have a "seniors card" ![ and you are only 50 ] funny, now I have a seniors card no one asks if I have one.

LOL! Well I haven't been asked that one yet. :eek: I suppose I should be thankful.

Back