Am I getting old?

Oh please don't say that!!

Haha you're only mid 20s or so yourself aren't you..?

ha ha aren't you a sweetie! I often get mistaken for being in my mid-20's but lets just say I was born in the same year...

January 17 - Cyclone Ada hits Central Queensland, killing 14.
April 21 - The Hutt River Province Principality is established.
May 3 - A new international terminal is opened at Sydney Airport
July 1 - Melbourne Airport is officially opened.
October 15 - A portion of the West Gate Bridge in Melbourne collapses, killing 35
Pope Paul VI visits Australia.
Queen Elizabeth and other members of the royal family tour Australia.
February 18 - Jimi Hendrix is officially dead

And no, I chose the 73 because it rhymes with Natmarie not because it's my birth year ;)

Skater and Lil Skater, do you live in the same house? Are you two a room away from each other typing away at keyboards? :p

I know I'm getting old. It's all happened since having kids. Weight gain (not all bad), more grey hairs, more wrinkles, old lady hands (constantly washing them), scratchier voice from yelling, memory loss, the list goes on...

Skater and Lil Skater, do you live in the same house? Are you two a room away from each other typing away at keyboards? :p

I know I'm getting old. It's all happened since having kids. Weight gain (not all bad), more grey hairs, more wrinkles, old lady hands (constantly washing them), scratchier voice from yelling, memory loss, the list goes on...

LOL! There are four of us in this family and all four of us are registered on Somersoft.:D We have wireless at home, which means everyone can be on line at the same time, even in the same room sometimes. The eldest child, however, has only ever made a few posts. Hubby is extremely busy at work, so he is not on as often as he used to, but the older members of the forum know who he is.

hehehe,

24yr olds ey?

Oh c'mon..That's my mum you're talking about!! :eek:

Natmarie, i'm really not that good with history and can't be bothered figuring out whether you're old or younger now! I just assumed because you look quite young in your photo lol!

CD usually we're sitting in the same room on SS, it's sad i know!

My avatar photo was taken around my birthday last year when I was younger than I am now.

And yes, I'm older than 36.

P.S I'm glad you didn't say ancient history...

gosh - i recall (very clearly) as a kid saying to other school friends "i'm going to be XX in the year 2000 - that is sooooooo old".

hmmmm, add another 10 years now! where the heck did they go. actually, quite interesting sitting around the other day thinking about the advancements (and not so advancements) in the last 10 years.

think back ... mobile phones, lcd/plasma tv's, internet, ipod, weii/ps/nintendo, terrorism as we now know it, loss of concord, hybrid cars, solar power, dvd's, cd's, no more floppy disks, laptop computers (i know, i know, they are called notebooks now), fluro lights ... so many advancements in the last 10 years and i'm not even mentioning the scientific or medical advancements.

ha ha aren't you a sweetie! I often get mistaken for being in my mid-20's but lets just say I was born in the same year...

January 17 - Cyclone Ada hits Central Queensland, killing 14.
April 21 - The Hutt River Province Principality is established.
May 3 - A new international terminal is opened at Sydney Airport
July 1 - Melbourne Airport is officially opened.
October 15 - A portion of the West Gate Bridge in Melbourne collapses, killing 35
Pope Paul VI visits Australia.
Queen Elizabeth and other members of the royal family tour Australia.
February 18 - Jimi Hendrix is officially dead

And no, I chose the 73 because it rhymes with Natmarie not because it's my birth year ;)

:D Hey Nat you are up for a BIG birthday in 2010 :D

Lil' Skater,

You are smarter than a 6th Grader. It is Math, no s. The same as local Pool, not Pools.

I did get pulled up last night because I said eldest daughter to my brother in law. As he only has two daughters he informed me that 'elder' daughter is the correct word. If he had more than two then eldest would apply.

What a mind enhancing time when the family gathers to celebrate Christmas.

Oh yes, and still on topic because we are learned from our elderly. :confused:

Regards

Andrew

Well, I'm British, and was always taught that the correct pronunciation is Math. Just because the general population pronounce it with an 's' does not mean it is correct.

Wasn't having a go ... honest. It was just meant to be a throw-away comment. However, since we are on the subject, the Australian Oxford Dictionary says this:
Math: n.US colloq.mathematics (cf. maths ). [ORIGIN: abbreviation]

Maths: n.colloq.mathematics (cf. math ). [ORIGIN: abbreviation]

I'm just saying ...;)

Back