Best psycho neighbour/tenant story

Much screaming and shouting and smashing of doors from next door. I roll over and decide not to ring the police, after all, someone from in there usually rings anyway. Then escalated screaming and 4 police cars, 1 CIB, 1 divy wagon and 3 ambulances arrive. Much info gathered later reveals, guy had rented the 5 bedroom house, put locks on all doors and rerented it out for $220 a room. Didnt live there himself. All drinking around the pool all day (who works, why work? we'll support them?) 16 yo girlfriend drinking her wine delicately straight out of the bottle. By 9.30 it all hits the fan, huge fight smashing all doors in the process, one guy smashes the other guy in the face and breaks his nose, other guy dives straight for the long bladed kitchen knife (as you do) and slices the other guy several times. Girlfriend's shrieks raise to a crescendo and she rings 000, broken nose wanders over and she says, is he all right, he says yeah, what a woose, guy on floor starts strange gurling noises in lungs. Several neighbours ring ambulances at this time. Scene cordoned off with red and white tape, still screaming girl carted off to divy wagon in handcuffs, smashed nose covered in blood in handcuffs in CIB car, and blood covered guy strapped onto stretcher into ambulance. Who needs to watch underbelly, its better than tv.

Nothing that scary Celica! But the guy across the road from us tends to have some extra sources of income including fixing and selling old computers (BTW people, if you have personal info. on computers, just destroy them - don't give them away or throw them in the bin!!!), pirating DVD's and selling some lovely horticulture which he proudly protects with a shotgun he apparently has (you can probably tell by now this guy likes to talk a lot!). Still tries to get us interested every now and again - I think he's very disappointed in us! :D

One day he was in the driveway fixing one of his old cars with a couple of mates that he'd proudly picked up earlier in the week for $500, and not sure what happened, but started having harsh words with the guy in the house next door to him. Some yelling, then about 20 mins of quiet, then some more yelling, then quiet etc. I glance around from my lounge every time there's yelling but can't make out much, although at one point I do hear the guy next door to him say "I'm calling the cops". All quiet again, then next time I turn around from my chair there's 3 squad cars and a CIB car, about 6 officers all in bullet proof vests walking around the front yards of each house talking to the guys. There for about 30mins and leave.

I don't think it was much of an argument/dispute, but I did find it interesting that the police obviously knew enough about the occupants at the addresses to show up in decent force and in bullet proof vests! :eek:

Nothing that scary Celica! But the guy across the road from us tends to have some extra sources of income including fixing and selling old computers (BTW people, if you have personal info. on computers, just destroy them - don't give them away or throw them in the bin!!!), pirating DVD's and selling some lovely horticulture which he proudly protects with a shotgun he apparently has (you can probably tell by now this guy likes to talk a lot!). Still tries to get us interested every now and again - I think he's very disappointed in us! :D

Hmmm, I wonder if the old computers are stuffed with cocain?

I think this is the guy that took the "bin".

Had the pleasure of living next door to the bin Laden's for 3 years, when living in Sana'a Yemen.

Lived in a big compound, with about 10 other oilfield expats from the US and the UK and Norway. The compound on our left hand side was the home of about 15 bin Laden's, ranging from brother's and cousins and extended family of Usama. Managed during my 3 years to pick up about 500 Arabic words so could confidently have a chat with them.

Our neighbours on the other side were 4 very heavy characters with jarhead haircuts who posed as accountants, but were really CIA operatives watching and monitoring the bin Laden compound for any contact made by Usama. They had good Texan steaks and would invite us over for bbq's.

The CIA lads disappeared one afternoon. Chopper landed on the roof of their compound and flew off to a waiting USS in the Red Sea. That was the day they organised those drone pilotless planes to bomb and kill a carload of terrorists driving across the empty quarter in Southern Saudi Arabia. Footage was shown on the news back in Australia of the car exploding when the bomb hit them, leaving just a black hole in the desert. They re-appeared about 4 months later.

We didn't have street parties.

OK, here's an absolute classic interaction with our crazy neighbour. This was our first interaction with them other than meeting them and waving across the driveways, and happened a few years back.

My Mum was visiting and accidentally brought in our neighbour's wheely bin after collection, instead of ours. Our was actually across the road because we were late putting it out and had to catch the truck on it's return trip down the cul-de-sac, which Mum didn't know. I had no idea about any of this until after this incident, when I was trying to figure out what had caused this "disaster". :rolleyes:

Next evening about 6pm, my neighbour rings the doorbell, I answer with my 2yo twins clinging one to each leg, they're full on in "arsenic hour", screaming and carrying on, Daddy's late getting home to relieve Mummy, food is cooking, news is blaring - you get the picture? :D

First words out of her mouth, no hello or anything: "You've got our bin!"

Me: "Um, oh, sorry about that! Please take it back."

Her: "But where's YOUR bin?"

Me (seeing that she's upset): "I don't know, but don't worry about it, if we have your bin, please take it and we'll sort out where ours is."

Her: "But you must have had a bin ... I know that's our bin because it's got a sticker on it from the place where my husband worked for forty years..." (blah blah blah)

Me: "Yes, we had a bin, and we put it out, but I have no idea what's happened and I'm sorry. But you please take yours and we'll sort out where ours is."

Her: "Well, you may think that sorts the problem but did you know that my husband has spent the whole day walking up and down the street in the heat, looking for our bin. Do you know what that could have done to him, at his age? He's lucky he didn't have a heart attack. And even after all that, he couldn't find our bin so he had no choice [?] and was forced to steal somebody else's bin. Now I'm worried that he'll be in trouble with the police for stealing. He couldn't cope with jail at his age. You do know what they do to men in jail, don't you? Now I know you young people think it's not all that shameful these days, but at his age, being sodomised would just kill him. Are you trying to murder my husband?"

Me, with a dropped jaw, looking for the Candid Camera crew to jump out: "uh um uh ...." (so eloquent)

Can you beat that for psycho????

I'm tipping the chick is retired, or a housewife with few hobbies/interests?

I see these types everyday at work. They seriously have an expertise at making a monumental issue out of very, very little.

Short version:
quiet neighbourhood
kids return home from prison stint
fight with dad
beat up dad and throw him out of house
between 10-20 mates in the house any one time
stolen cars
stolen goods
meth lab
house destroyed from inside-out
cops most days
eventually find details of mortgagee bank
call bank and suggest they visit
bank visits
bank calls in loan
bank sends in security guard with guns and dogs to secure property
quiet neighbourhood

We built an i.p. that was completed last year in a new subdividsion. The developers allowed no options with fencing. It had to be a particular type. So we got a great price through a mate who worked for Fielders and also did the groundwork of obtaining quotes for labor. We managed a great quote from a trusted local fencer and sent off the obligatory fencing notices to the surrounding four property owners with whom we shared boundaries.

One was an investor and grateful someone else had chased up a good price. One had built to sell and was likewise thankful. One was an owner builder and was overjoyed at the price we secured as he had quotes for much higher.

The last one didn't respond.

As authorized by the fencing act we had fences erected 5 weeks later. All paid up except, surprise surprise, the one who didn't respond initially.
A couple of weeks later a woman called hubby and identified herself as the owner of the property whom we had not yet heard from. Tells us also it is to be an i.p. She proceeded to ask if we were curious as to why she hadn't made contact regarding the fences. My husband said politely that he had wondered but had not been concerned as we knew it was a good price and felt certain they would see it as a bargain and that within reason she could pay when she could afford it.
She then proceeds to tell us the reason was that she was upset that our fencing notice had not been accompanied by a nice letter e.g. (her words) "Dear Miss insert name: Congratulations on your new build, we as your neighbours are looking forward to meeting you and welcoming you to the neighborhood etc. etc"

HUH?

Hubby was taken aback and says "well sorry but since it wasn't likely that we would meet as we don't intend to live in the property and as it was to be an i.p. for her he was not sure why she thought this was necessary..."

She responds with muttering and groaning
Hubby says "look what's really the problem - is it that you don't wish to pay for your share of the fence?"
She grumbled "yes of course I'll pay, I'm just insulted!" :confused:
One month later I sent a polite reminder, and humbly apologized for inadvertantly making her feel insulted :eek: but asked if she could please let us know when to expect payment.
Needless to say, she never paid. Good job I'm not holding my breath hey!

Wonder if she feels insulted when she gets her land tax bill too?

Ozperp, yours is a classic, are you trying to kill him ? he HAD to steal a bin...

where do I start....

next door t/house on my left - no issues.. 3 different neighbours in 9 years, all 'normal' people..

one on my right... the only people in 9 years who seem normal are the current 3 guys who share the place. every single one of them..

first young couple on speed with a newborn baby who split up one day & jsut abandoned the place a mess..

petty crim trying to be good, couldnt stop mates coming over late and therefore having to knock on my door at midnight to get them a smoke. multiple cop visits & people looking for him all the time- can I wait here till he gets home ??? HAVE YOU GOT A CAR ?

3 bogans who came home & abused their negibhours who happened to be asian for making too much noise (insert racial insults) then proceeded to blast their one & only heavy metal cd 10 times louder than evr before while they drank their bourbon in their front courtyard laughing

2 guys & a girl who used to ahve yelling matches in their 1st language.. used to get that bloody much that I yelled bak as best I can in that language - shocked the hell out of them... they left after 1 night of hard drugs I guess where they came back & were fighting in the upstairs bedroom, everythign in the house must have broken, including the windows... a 10 ft neighbour cmae over telling them to shutup, they threatened to shoot him, he put his foot through their front door...... someone else calmed him down telling him they calle dthe cops... he goes home... next morning, he rocks up to their front gate & yells out to them to get up... one does... he tells him to get his mate & come oputside.. mate's sleeping.. wake him up, he woke all us up last night... the guy apologises (he soudned quite scared actually).. other guy says F your apology, I want to sort out this this shoot me ****...blah blah blah..... he walks off warning them, and walks right into my bloody front courtyard (nextdoor!) and says hi, I need a coffee - great... they packed up & let that day

to be repalced by Gary... who called me Sean for months... I thought my name was John... (someone told that's cause Sean is irish for John, to which i reply & THIS guy would know that)..

Gary lived with Michelle, he was 6 ft 100kg, goatee beard, jsut got out of jail (again), angry but had that dumb childlike look about him

Used to argue like hell with Michelle, she mustn;t have been able to do anything right, it would go like this "that way.. no THAT Wwy.. oh for FFF's sake.into the big pot the big one . no bloody this way.. oh your f ing dumb get out, get out , get out its my blolody kitchen f off go on f off

I used to use the "oh sorry I gotta go " line just aboue every time I saw him.... He told me the coutyards suck mcause their too small.. THEY should make em bigger,, say yeah, you need a bit more room. He tells me he has plenty of land... bllody hectares in bloody Tasmania mate.. hell yeah... 1000's of bloodyhectares.. trouble is its all in his old mans name and every time Gary goes to jail, the old man sells off some of his land and he cant stop him ! (I remember this clearly, my first thought was "how manytimes you been to jail?!")

one day I laid electrical cable in conduit in my front yard for lights.. had a pecie of left over conduit (plastic pipe) so I went to snap it in half over my kenee so it woudl fit it th bin.. gary sees me & yells "dont do that"... "ooh,, I;ll have have that.." I say oh, ok here you go & take off like a bat out of hell... he toddles off with his new toy

10 am next morngin after my shower I come downstairs & realise I had been hearing a funny noise, it wasnt the pipes in the bathroom. what was the noise it sounded like water but... ready to leave, I open the front fdoor to see my courtayd 1/2 soaked, in puddles... next door compleely saturated.. Gary had spliced the end of the condiuit, and shoved it on the end of his hose which he proppeed upright & turned on full ball...water was squirting about 9 ft high... I left as quick as I could
came back at 10 pm with 2 friends, had to explain to them what they were seeing.... as we leave he comes out of his house & asks "what did you say about my water ?" my mates run.. I say "nah, Gary, we didnt say anything".

"Yeah good, keep it that way hey cause I like my water mate"
he got worse, dug up the common garden in the middle of the night after gotsick of jsut doing his own garden at midnight... told me how guards ontrains hassle him, cause they know me & they piss me off, then somenoe else gets smart with me & I have to crack em cause I''m pissed off.... said how he sat arund & counted all the stoned in his courtyard one day.. tarted walking up & down the path opening & closing everyone's gate... all sorts of stuff like that on top of his normal behaviour

Michelle leaves a letter in my mailbox. She has left Gary, she needs to get him help asap, here's my ph # just in case he does somehting, sorry. if you think you need to cause he acts dangerous or whatever, feel free to call the cops blah blah.. Gary comes home that night at midnight, knocks on the door, no answer... starts whistling.. wlaks up & down th pathways opening & shutting gates 7 Whistling ... comes back & starts pleading "cmon aby, let me in.. I wouldnt do this to you..." I htink oh ****... 2 mintues later knocks on m door "Sean.. Sean " I tried to ignore hime & them thoguth hes gonna wake the whole block up... open door "You gotta philips screwdriver ?" i said no sorry man, i know i dont have one " A PHILLIPS YOU KNOW A PHILLIPS ?!?!" sorry man, still aint got one... eventually broke in somehow, then cops came around looking for him.. and he dissapeared

tpo be repakced by this guy girl & thei 1 yr old son.. guy ws apparently ADD and used to like overdosing on his pills... girlfriend & baby go to grandma's for the w/end.... he had borrowed a pond I ad nto yet insalled from my front yard to play with his son eaerlir in the day.. when I came home that night, I could not see it in his yard or mine... I go inside, soon I hear this nose like grunting/screaming and slamming into furniture.. grunting mor eand and mroe then crash into the kitchen sink wiht stuf ffalling on the floor... He had satarted to go off yelling at himself, at what sounded like his parnets, arguing with his girlfriend.. I didnt know what to do.. he calmed down.... everyone went to sleep... Next morning, he got taken away by police who found him in the complex i his underwear, all wet and shaking.. apparently his frdige blew up, and he was so hot form drugs, he spent the night kncoking on pples doors askign if he can use their freezer... one guy took him home & told him he owuld drive to the sho & bring him back some ice, he could use that to keep all his foood cold and himself, but that he should stay home.. he came home to find him kncoling on doors agin but explained that he was only after a cigarette, so it was allright

he had taken the pond inside the house, filled it with water & put all the cushions off his lounge in it to be more comfortable..had a fan facing it with the cable dunked in the pond.... inside & outside , he just went beserk on the house... he went to gt mental help.. ended up moving in with his mum

Ozperp, yours is a classic, are you trying to kill him ? he HAD to steal a bin...
Yes, you can see why I really thought I must have been on Candid Camera. Her hubby died last year, about 5-6 years after this event. We wondered whether I'd be blamed - whether the stress (of constantly fearing the police arriving to take him away over the wheelie bin) got too much. :eek:

What we didn't realise until after he was gone was that he was "not a very nice" man (to put it mildly), the kind not allowed to live within 200m of schools, and had been a horribly abusive husband and father. He died in the wee morning hours (not unexpected; cancer). By 8am, the funeral home collected him. By 10am, a charity truck had come to pick up all his clothes etc. By noon his car was gone, and by 2pm the "medical aids hire" people came to collect his bath chair and special bed etc. They were farewelled by Mum and the adult daughters standing on the front porch, smiling, laughing, and drinking champagne. :eek:

She's been much, much easier to deal with since he died, and seems much happier. It makes me wonder how much of her erratic behaviour was due to the stress of living in such an unhappy home. I'm glad that I'd continued to make an effort to be cordial to her; she had enough to deal with, poor lady. :(

I AM THE NEIGHBOR FROM HELL!!

I'm a foreigner.

I have 4 cars of which 2 are parked in the street.

I ride a motor cycle also parked in the street and wear a black helmut and black jacket with skulls on the back.

I voice my opinion when neighbor start up whipper snipper at 6am on Sunday mornings.

I voice my opinion when neighbors continually burn rubbish daily.

I voice my opinion when local neighborhood committee come around and start spraying chemicals on my lawn to help kill mosquitos.

I voice my opinion when neighbors dog defecates on my lawn.

I voice my opinion when neighbors kids try to climb on my rolls so they can get on to my car port roof to get their kite.

YES I AM THE NEIGHBOR FROM HELL AND I'M HERE TO STAY!!!!!!!
(But my other half wants to move)

Drug dealers are great neighbours.

One of the neighbour's adult sons was growing dope in his backyard to sell. Their back fence is really low and they'd pruned the crop so it didn't stick over the fence instead of making the fence higher - I noticed it when I went looking for one of my chickens that someone had stolen.

Anyway, he'd have people coming to the door at all hours telling him they needed extra time to pay, or his dope wasn't good enough, or they needed more or whatnot. Their front door is very close to my toilet window so we could sit on the loo listening to these bogan arguments.

Police turn up fairly often next door too, mainly motorbike related things. They like to ride motorbikes a lot, at all hours, loudly, unregistered, no shoes, sometimes no helmet, sometimes no license. They go through a fair few motorbikes from what I can figure. And on the motorbikes, they go through a fair few posts ... fences ... gravel on the road ... head injuries are so good they need to collect more.

Their various dogs have been fencejumpers and like to go in my backyard, eat my hoses, eat my chickens, eat my washing, eat other people's pets and leave the bodies in my backyard. Fun things. We trapped the last dog that did that and got it taken away.

When his kids moved in from their mother's place interstate he used to hole up in the shed and smoke dope and yell at the kids if they came near and hurl rocks at them and swear at them to leave him the F alone. Then he decided he didn't like his kids and moved away with his girlfriend, leaving the kids with his mother. Its been much quieter here since he left.

And yes, planning on selling, our new house has quite nice neighbours, the wife sings around the house a lot but she's actually pretty good, which beats heck out of motorbikes anyday. Maybe someone else who appreciates fine dope and motorbikes will buy my house and be very, very happy here.

Back