First IP - looking at Forrestfield WA

Kalamunda made split density zonings without a policy on how to qualify for the higher density???
No.

they have a policy that allows them to implement it.

they haven't done it yet because they want some conditions for approving the higher density.

sounds pretty normal to me - from a policy point of view.
^^^ this. Local Housing Strategy->Local Planning Strategy->Local Planning Scheme. Until the scheme is gazetted, there are no split density zonings.

It's there on the Shire's web site:
The Strategy will also provide the strategic basis for future re-codings and amendments to the Local Planning Scheme and assist with the long term direction for the review of the Scheme.
http://www.kalamunda.wa.gov.au/Services/Planning/Local-Housing-Strategy

Another email;

Yes, we are still working on the Planning Scheme and policy requirements for the split coding. The general thought is that if someone only wanted to the minimum required under the Residential Design Codes (design and development guidelines for residential uses) then they would develop at the lower code. If they met performance criteria such as renovating or demolishing the existing house where applicable, landscaping the verge, using ?water wise? drainage techniques, minimum frontages and lot sizes etc., then the higher code may be applied (Please note these are just examples of what may be in the Planning Scheme and Policy).

As far as the ?100% guarantee? that all this will happen, I?m afraid I cannot give this. The planners can only make recommendations to the Council (elected members) and they are within their rights to not agree with some or all of what is recommended. Council has adopted the Strategy, so at the time, they agreed with it. I cannot speak for what a Council may consider on the day something is presented to it. Following that, the amendment (rezoning) then has to be sent to the WA Planning Commission, where the planners there will review the proposal and ultimately make a recommendation to the Planning Minister, who in turn may or may not agree with the Council or WAPC planners. So where we are at in the process is for the Shire planners to make a recommendation to the Council to initiate the amendment.

I know this sounds convoluted (because it is) but there are many links in the chain, any of which could alter the intent of what we are after. The only time it is definite is when the Minister signs off on it.

Just some insider trading level info here.... the main forrestfield shopping centre has just been purchased by a new buyer, officially as of tomorrow.

They must see something good in the area to have made that investment ;)

Just some insider trading level info here.... the main forrestfield shopping centre has just been purchased by a new buyer, officially as of tomorrow.

They must see something good in the area to have made that investment ;)

Thanks for the info D.T.
I know the shopping centre went to a new buyer late in December... is this another since then?

It's definitely hot in the area... Seeing sales going through at ~5% above asking pricing more often then not.
A property has just been listed which I'm really keen based on a first glance...See how it goes :)

Look for neighborhood suburbs such as High Wycombe and Midvale as well.. I bought my first home in Forrestfield and my best friend couldn't secure a property after hunting for about two months (he was looking exactly what you're after, though it's his first home as well). Finally he settled with a High Wycombe property which is even better but at a very reasonable price.. I think due to hype in Forrestfield, strangely enough, demand for rather good suburbs has been gone down? (Well, I am not sure whether that's quite the case)

Most interesting thing is, almost all the facts that are relevant to Forrestfield are relevant to above two suburbs too. In fact, they are even closer to proposed Forrestfield train station.. (Check official website for more info) and they are also in Kalamunda Local housing strategy.. The property my friend bought came cheaper than Forrestfield median price and is subdividable in future..! (and the surrounding area in High Wycombe is much nicer than that of Forrestfield, though I hate to admit that..)

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-forrestfield-119181387

main.jpg

Interested in the above property but I'm concerned that the bore water top at the front of the house is really badly positioned and could become a legitimate problem if doing a future battle-axe subdivision. Am I over exaggerating? I'm thinking it could effect the proposed front black after subdivision by;
-proposed car bays at front of house
-proposed required outdoor living space

If you're doing battleaxe in the backyard, why would bore in the front yard (especially so close to the building) be an issue?

Just fill it in. I paid 300 to get one removed but it was not too deep. If you still want grass then go mains retic.

I would say just don't worry about it; just get it properly filled and compacted (will cost you less than one grand I suppose) because I have been told that ground water table of Forrestfield has been dropped to an extent that the old bores no longer give water anyway. (At least it was the case with my purchase, luckily previous owner has already connected the reticulation to the main).

Back