First World probs

A work mate of mine just revealed to me her "first world problem"
Each time when she needs some work to be done back at home, she will get one of her male friends there to do the talking.
Apparently she was stalked once by an "electrician", after discovering she was living alone, constantly harassing her to dates, calling her, etc.... :eek:

My first world problem for the past few weeks:

If I book AirAsia business class to Japan I can't go to the Qantas Club and Air Asia don't have a lounge.

Solution would be to fly Jetstar or Qantas but I'm too stingy.

This dilemma has been troubling me for weeks and I need to book the tickets.

Similar to mine:
No business/platinum lounge in Perth :(
Working on Barrow Island until February so no Qantas FF points - will lose gold status and revert to *gasp* silver.
Qantas using crappy 767s to fly PER/BNE direct as opposed to Virgin using A320s

Woe is me, woe is me :)

Y83ZjcW.jpg

#firstworld problem news

I came home from work to find a letter from Westpac with 2 Altitude Blacks (Mcard and Amex) in there. I currently have Platinum. A nice letter said "we'd like to offer you this upgrade to Black at no additional cost from your current card annual fee"

Woohoo. I'm going to sit here with a cuppa and read about the perks of the Concierge service, travel bonuses (lounge passes) and extra deals.

aren't you supposed to get all that with platinum already?

It depends who's platinum it is. Westpac renamed their Gold cards Platinum not so long ago and it had some perks like extended warranties and probably concierge but I never used it. Def no airport lounge passes with their Platinum though.

I am not happy to be able to contribute... But... The coffee supplied in the office is Nescaf? original - which I don't like. I had to go out and buy a jar of my own coffee for the office.

Hope that counts as a fwp? Even if I don't like in a first world country...

Blacky

I am not happy to be able to contribute... But... The coffee supplied in the office is Nescaf? original - which I don't like. I had to go out and buy a jar of my own coffee for the office.

Blacky

Should have nicely asked whoever buys the coffee to also buy the brand you like...

Why can't I have this #firstworld problem? Oh yeah it's cos I refuse to pay annual fees for my cards. #tighta$$

Mine are free with my mortgage...

Blacky

My office won't even buy Milo!

Blacky

I should send you a photo of our work kitchen
- auto coffee machine
- nescafe gold sachets
- decaf nescafe sachets
- English breakfast tea bags
- Irish Breakfast tea bags
- Lipton tea bags
- Green tea bags
- I'm sure there is another tea bag
- hot chocolate tin
- raw sugar packets
- splenda
- white sugar

The firstworld tantrums start around 3pm on Fridays when the cleaning crew come to clean the coffee machine and we have to <sob> use the Nescafe gold.

Back