kudos?

thefirstbruce said:
How does the "spread the kudos around" rule work? I haven't been able to do kudos to the last 4 people I tried to kude....
Then kude Ani, Ruby, Simon and myself before you kude the person you're aiming at :D

BTW, I hope you're not kuding yourself!

geoffw said:
Then kude Ani, Ruby, Simon and myself before you kude the person you're aiming at :D

BTW, I hope you're not kuding yourself!

You're kuding aren't you Geoff?

I wude if I kude, but I can't so I won't :rolleyes:

Is there somewhere in the Somersoft stats to find out who the top kude dude is? the one that sends the most, not receives....

thefirstbruce said:
Is there somewhere in the Somersoft stats to find out who the top kude dude is? the one that sends the most, not receives....
Dunno if there is.

I know that what I give carries a lot more weight than from some others, so I'm more careful about it.

I hope the Oxford English Dictionary has picked up on the user of "kude" as a verb.

Just looking at the stats, and noted there has been around 550 unique members visit in the last week. Would never have thought it was that many.

Would be a good place to advertise your investment products... ;)

rodimus said:
what are kudos?
do they entitle you to collect a prize or present? a voucher would be so nice

If you get to Exalted you get to select the Somersoft mount.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

(PS: World of Warcraft joke)

thefirstbruce said:
Just looking at who's last on the kudos list, and it's Steve Navra.....:eek:

Is there a cp option for a member to turn off kudos receipts?
In fact, Steve has quite a lot of extremely positive kudos comments- presumably for the deleted posts, as Ruby points out.

In fact, Steve has quite a lot of extremely positive kudos comments- presumably for the deleted posts, as Ruby points out

In fact, it seems Sim has set Steve's kudos points to zero - and, since every new member starts with 10, THIS is why Steve now shows as "last". Not something that a member can choose (as I understand). But Ruby's link tells it like it is,

Regards,

I just found out (by reading this thread and following the guidance given) that I have been given some Kudos! Wow! And I didn't even know.

So firstly, thank you and secondly, I now promise to use the Kudos button! :)

Interestingly you have to have done a certain number of posts before your vote for kudos actually carries any punch .....

See Change

see_change said:
Interestingly you have to have done a certain number of posts before your vote for kudos actually carries any punch .....
From the FAQ-
When you give kudos for someone's post, you increase their kudos count. The actual amount you change the count by depends on a number of factors... how long you have been a member, how many posts you have made yourself and how much kudos you have received yourself.

The actual weightings given to these factors can be adjusted if we think they need to be. There are also minimum requirements to be able to add to someone's kudos. By default, you must have at least 50 posts of your own before your kudos will actually add to someone elses count - but remember that anyone can actually make comments and we encourage you to make positive comments regardless of how many posts you have made yourself.

Someone who has registered within the last 365 days, who has between 50 and 1000 posts and has received between 10 and 100 kudos points, will have a "kudos power" (the amount by which you can change someone elses count) of 1. This means that if they approve someone elses post, the score of the person they approved will go up by 1 point.

You start with a power of 1 (if you have at least 50 posts and at least 10 kudos points). You then gain one point of kudos altering power for every 365 days you have been a member of the forum, another one point for every 1000 posts you have made, and 1 more point for every 100 points of kudos you have received yourself.

So if you have been on the forum for 18 months, have made 1400 posts, and have a received 120 points of kudos, then you can add to someone elses kudos by up to 4 points at a time. You have a kudos power of 4.
Hmm. My kudos power is 15. Be nice to me people :D

see_change said:

See Change
Ah,

So is that what it means in some of my admittedly limited kudos, where they have little grey boxes next to them instead of little green ones? :eek:

Cheers,
Michael.

geoffw said:
From the FAQ- Hmm. My kudos power is 15. Be nice to me people :D

Thinking about it , that just rewards people who are prolific rather than well thought off.

So it's better to do lots of meaningless short posts rather than longer thoughtfull ones...:(

Sim, me thinks there is a flaw in that .

See Change

see_change said:
Thinking about it , that just rewards people who are prolific rather than well thought off.

So it's better to do lots of meaningless short posts rather than longer thoughtfull ones...:(

Sim, me thinks there is a flaw in that .
Agreed. I've mentioned before that a posters 'usefulness' to the forum should be a function of kudos & number of posts.

So 'usefulness' = kudos / postcount

So a high post count would diminish your usefulness. And your kudos power should depend on your usefulness.

The current situation encourages meaningless banter..... sorry geoff:eek:

KJ

Back