Landlord from hell!

Number 3 is fantastic. I can just picture a young chap bringing home a girl and going 'can you just wait outside whilst I check something out'.

If this is an owner -occupier, which it seems to be, it seems fine to me.
Everyone states, rules should be explicit, and in writing.
They just need to be within the law.

Usually rules come from experience.I assume this landlord has had some unfortunate experiences in the past, or has heard or read about some horror stories.

I thought Pearl was the Landlord from Hell?

images

Sounds as if some former residents had the nerve to leave their rooms!

We don't know the circumstances around this landlord.
Being upfront with a tenant is best. If they still decide to rent, they agree to the conditions.
Not all tenants are good.We've had tenants steal the lighbulbs when they leave. This landlord is renting a room, not sharing the house.
Personally..I wouldn't want to live like that. The bathroom supplies I'd buy wouldn't be expensive.

Reminds me a news story about a restaurant here in Australia.
It was adults inside eating only. Buffet 'all you can eat' meal, but there was no sharing. You had to eat everything you took, and if you didn't, you had to pay extra (by weight) for wastage.
The media made it out to be bad, but the owners were very upfront about it, and made no apologies.

Number 3 is fantastic. I can just picture a young chap bringing home a girl and going 'can you just wait outside whilst I check something out'.

Once the girl as been given approval to enter...

It's 5.30 and the sun will soon be up, you'll have to leave now.

Can I have a shower? No! I doubt you can clean yourself and leave in time for me not be evicted and fined 100 quid.

I actually think that this is just a bit stricter (still in a reasonable range) for many homestay and student lodgers in Australia.

My friend and cousin used to stay in one house as a student and the shower limit is actually 5 mins...

I think the potential lodger would have better luck staying in a serviced apartment. Room with some cleaning service, no visitor curfews, ability to have some private get-together's with friends, and ability to share some common areas.

I'm surprised about the rule regarding not taking any personal toiletries, yet the landlord is demanding a pooled kitty for things like toilet paper. If he wants absolute hands-off on personal toiletries, I'd say that includes toilet paper and dishwashing sponge / brush.

Wish he'll end up with a tenant that will give him a long list of written demands in return.

Great advertisment if the landlord never wants their property to be tenanted. There are even more rules than hostels. Sounds like this landlord is very stingy and calculative. It would be much easier to tell everybody to bring their own toiletries and use as much as they want. :eek:

Back