Mountain Bikes

It was a heck of a bargain, picked it up for $1,500. Unmarked, like new! I almost snapped his hand off. Just got lucky, saw it online and was the first to call him. By the time I went round that afternoon he said he'd had a heap of calls and could have sold it 6 times over. Once guy wanted to come straight down, take it unseen and offered him more money. Decent bloke though, good to his word and I had first refusal.

I kept in touch with him so he could flick me on his new race bike at the end of that season. A Scott Spark. That was a great buy for someone, I wasn't interested in the end and no one I knew was after one. Shame, as he wanted just under $2k for it and again was almost new.

He races for Scott/Avanti. Free bike each season which he gets to keep/sell on at the end.

I picked up my road bike from a pro just recently, got a Merida Scultura 909 with deep carbon wheels for $1450 on ebay (same on special for $6300 at 99 bikes at the moment). Frame was new and the Ultegra/carbon wheels were slightly used, he bought it new and transferred the electronic groupset over to his racebike. Thing is he had 0 feedback so I was the only bidder, a bit of checking with some local ex-pros and she was all mine :D

My two weapons of choice, both in near perfect condition purchased on ebay for under $100 for the pair

$60 for a GIANT Iguana
26inchiguana.jpg

This Kojima with CrMo frame was fully restored and similar to what I had at school in 1980 and bought last year for $26
Had to buy it just for the Old Skool handlebars
kojimac.jpg

It was a heck of a bargain, picked it up for $1,500. Unmarked, like new! I almost snapped his hand off. Just got lucky, saw it online and was the first to call him. By the time I went round that afternoon he said he'd had a heap of calls and could have sold it 6 times over. Once guy wanted to come straight down, take it unseen and offered him more money. Decent bloke though, good to his word and I had first refusal.

I kept in touch with him so he could flick me on his new race bike at the end of that season. A Scott Spark. That was a great buy for someone, I wasn't interested in the end and no one I knew was after one. Shame, as he wanted just under $2k for it and again was almost new.

He races for Scott/Avanti. Free bike each season which he gets to keep/sell on at the end.

Sounds like a good bloke to know ;) You got an awesome deal, good job!

I ride a Giant XTC 29er MTB. Mostly weekend rides with mates on the East Melb tracks around the Yarra, Mullum Mullum creek, Eastern Freeway/ Eastlink trails, Eltham, Diamond Creek areas. There's plenty of choice out this way. Lots of fun, relieves the heavy feeling I get after working in the concrete city all week.. Today I got attacked by a duck near Greensborough.. that was a first

Back