Obama's speech

With his highly publicised anti-male stance, I hope he doesn't! Did you see all the Hillary supporters chucking a hissy fit the other day?

Mark

I tried to keep up with how many times he said the following :

" Now is the time"
"Change"
"God Bless America"

Can you imagine an election is Australia that went on for 12 months :eek:

I cant believe how "into it" the yanks get..........do they really believe one man can change the world :p

Silly stuff if you ask me !

I'm at work so will probably see it plastered all over the news tonight.

I would like to see a black President for many reasons, which is a totally ridiculous way to vote in a President! eek:

thrashoholic With his highly publicised anti-male stance, I hope he doesn't! Did you see all the Hillary supporters chucking a hissy fit the other day?
Mark

Please explain?

Regards Jo

" Now is the time"
"Change"
"God Bless America"

I cant believe how "into it" the yanks get..........do they really believe one man can change the world :p

I can't believe the amount of money they need to campaign. The promises that must go on behind the scenes before these guys even get into office...the mind boggles.:eek:

" Now is the time"
"Change"
"God Bless America"
do they really believe one man can change the world

Slogans win elections!

Actually, I think one man can change the world - look how Hitler did! And Bush, Snr and Jnr!

Mark

Please explain?

Regards Jo

Apparently on Tuesday they were all up in the DNC's face about how Hilary should have gotten the candidacy and it's all because of the patriarchy and it's totally sexist and blah blah blah because she didn't. I can kinda understand where they are coming from, being all peeved, because Obama doesn't have a stance on a single issue (except trashing men).

Mark

Something makes me uneasy with Obama......

the words: Barack Obama Biden........

Osama Bin Laden.......:eek:

Could it be the biggest swindle of all time....?
:D:p

Something makes me uneasy with Obama......

the words: Barack Obama Biden........

Osama Bin Laden.......:eek:

Could it be the biggest swindle of all time....?
:D:p

Israel wouldn't be happy.......I bet there is a strong Jewish contingent in the White House. One reason I'd like to see a change. For political resons rather than religious. But one influences the other.:rolleyes:

Regards Jo

" Now is the time"
"Change"
"God Bless America"

Well yes, America has the power to change the world unfortunately. We see evidence of that everywhere.

I agree America is over the top with their campaigns etc. But thats not the point. This guy can speak, he is smart and he has ideas. I just can't wait to see that moron Bush out.

Ah; try 2 YEARS is how long the election campaign has been going on for over there (I was there).

Generally, the Yanks are not into it at all. The media are - big time, and the few who vote. They'll be lucky to get more than about 30% of the country voting. Everyone hates Bush though - even the Republicans. I never heard one person ever say anything good about him, and the Yanks as a Nation are totally embarassed by the Iraq war, based on the comments I kept hearing.

It's not compulsory to vote over there, so many people - especially the lesser educated folk - couldn't care less, and won't vote.

Apparently, since Obama won the candidacy, he has inspired more younger people to THINK about voting according to their polls. Doesn't mean they will actually vote though.

On a personal note; I hope Obama wins. The last thing they need over there is more of the old school Republican mindset running the joint. McCain is a bit of a Bush clone unfortunately. If he wins it'll be all the same; the Iraq war, the Special Interest mateship favours, etc.

Obama will clear out a lot of the dead wood - and there is lots of it.

when i think of McCain... i think of that US General in the Southpark movie and his war strategy, "get behind the darkies".....

Generally, the Yanks are not into it at all. The media are - big time, and the few who vote. They'll be lucky to get more than about 30% of the country voting.

I wonder if that's the type of "democracy" they are pushing across the middle east?

The US is simply run by lobby groups. Neither side of politics would like to see a 90% turn out rate to their elections.

I personally would like to see the Republicans out of office.

But will anything really change? Anything of real and lasting consequence?

We had a major govt change here recently and nothing seems any different to me - nothing radical has been touted nor do I expect to see it happen.

Of all the styles of government accross the world and in history I think you would find that there is little meaningful difference between Republican/Democrat and Labor/Liberal.

No wonder so few Americans bother voting. Which is probably a good thing. Imagine if those who normally cannot vote were made to. Bubba from the deep south and his mates often scare me with the things they espouse ;) I am sure he will read all sorts of things into the percieved similarity of Obama's name to other north african names - I really hope that was just a joke ... :(

Just my thoughts - I am certainly no political commentator...

i'd just like to have more choice at home, like more parties to vote for instead of red or blue (sorry, i mean labor or liberal).

does it bug anyone else that the traditional labor colour (red) is also the same colour associated with communism..?

i think obama will be assasinated if he tries anything radical, just like the last 2 presidents that weren't of the sun cult that very literally wanted to change the world for the better (Lincoln and Kennedy).

Back