Schapelle Corby - Guilty or not ?

buzzlightyear said:
I guess the death and supposed lesson from Barlow and Chambers has been forgotton then...

As TFB says if it is 20 year ago then the answer for anyone under 30 is yes. They would have been 10 and unlikely to be concerned or even aware in drug law.

But now the 21 or 19 year old of today they would be acutely aware of the recent cases.

Peter 147

grubar30 said:
uhuh, and jail over here is all scones and tea....

I think your forgetting the parts about being raped and bashed

lol, dunno, never stayed there, but if recent events are any guide if you don't like the tax payer funded room sevice at Long Bay you just lose a bit of weight and walk out. Simpler than getting your girlfriend to hire a helicopter and pick you up,as happened at Silverwater a couple of years back.

..seriously... if rapes and bashing were part of a 20 year living hell and there was only one other alternative, thats one of the reasons I would chose the other alternative as I mentioned in a previous post.

regards,

Paul

I heard that the average life expectancy for inmates in Schapelle's Indonesian gaol is 10 years. How will she last 20?

Regards,
Crystal

Crystal said:
I heard that the average life expectancy for inmates in Schapelle's Indonesian gaol is 10 years. How will she last 20?

Regards,
Crystal

Apparently she's quite the Tourist Attraction, red-neck, beer swilling Australian Tourists love her.. she'll get extra food, medicine, etc..

How verifiable is your 10year life expectancy claim? And how does this compare to Australian prisons? Could well be another bit of anti Indonesian hysteria whipped up by our filthy media.

Our country is the laughing stock of the region over this sordid affair and we can squarely blame the talk back hosts, the newspapers, ACA, and Today Tonight who all willingly and with great gusto lathered up our countries insular, parochial racial attitude.

Hi Duncan,

I take youir point! Unverifiable.....

Hi Bruce,

I disagree with your view that the ABC was pushing the Van Nguyen case. The commercial networks also spent plenty of air time covering the story. If the ABC had given the execution of a young Aussie overseas, any less coverage, there would have been accusations of racism/discrimination because he wasn't a Caucasion Australian, or a pretty female - don't you think?

Cheers,
Crystal

Last edited:
Back