Somersoft Cars

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I drive a 2 door Holden Astra. It gets me from A to B. I could probably afford to upgrade, but dont see the need to.

I also only know how to fill a car up and change a tyre, beyond that I leave cars up to mechanics to sort out for me (or most of my staff :D)

pinkboy....I feel really cheap and poor with my sucky car!:(

Nice cars. I struggle to get past the fact that they lose half their value as soon as you drive them off the lot. Also - the amount of money to spend on cars and insure them - there is another deposit ;)

I always think of it like the car financiers do.

Lose 50% after 3 years.
Lose 60% after 4 years.
Lose 70% after 5 years.

Rough figures of course - as some brands hold value better than others - but still something to work off.

This is my car evolution in last 15 years

1. 20 yeasr old Camry (first car)
2. 10 years old Mitsubishi Magna
3. 2 years old Corolla
4. 2 years old Subaru Liberty
5. 1 year old Holden SSV (bright cadbury)

Now with a new Honda CR-V so that we can fit 3 baby seats :)

I have a bad habbit of changing my vehicle every 3 years or so :mad:

The funny thing is I really liked the Magna where as many people hate Mitsubishi with a passion!

I drive a Toyota RAV 4. It's comfortable, roomy and works well for my needs.

Cars are nice but there's other things I'd rather spend money on. In the past 2 years I've spent more on my scuba hobby than what some small cars are worth :)

Same! Our first Rav 4, we bought new and drove into the ground. Was starting to cost $$ to fix. Sold it & bought another. The 'new' one is 2004 model.

To me, a car is a means to get from A to B. Nothing more!

Our money gets spent on skating. One year the tab was more than what my eldest daughter earns working full time today. :eek: Admittedly, that was a once off, and luckily for us we had equity to use to fund it.

2011 HSV Clubsport with Walkinshaw additions....(sorry can't get the photos to be any larger?)

Attachments

• Clubsport 4.jpg
    Clubsport 4.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Clubsport 2.jpg
    Clubsport 2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 72
I enjoy my cars :D

A recently purchased Jaguar XF

and my clubman i've had for years.

Both totally different to drive, but both are so much fun.

The funny thing is I really liked the Magna where as many people hate Mitsubishi with a passion!

I have had 2 veradas and 1 magna for 16 out of the last 20 years and found them very good. Far better built than holdens or fords. I travelled a total of 750,000km in them and never had a transmission problem that they seem to be famous for.

But I have to admit, I like my Jag better.

I used to have a Mistubishi 380 as a company car.

It was a really good car actually. Better than the equivalent model Camry.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

2011 VW Golf R is my day to day car. Remapped and an intake. Looking at getting a dump pipe soon.

Once my lease is up I'll get a turbo diesel Audi a4 quattro I think.

I also have a BMW 2000 which needs a lot of work. Classic 4 door with wind up sunroof.

Then there's a track prepped 91 Mazda mx5. Which is needing work after an off on a track.

And a 95 liberty wagon that is my reno wagon..

Awesome work there on the BMW 2000 mate.

I used to have 1969 BMW 2000 also, but never ended up restoring it. Restored my 2002 instead - then a Zender modified E30. Then got rid of both :-(

Current drive is a restored 1952 Morris Minor Convertable (highlight), and daily driver (which doesnt get much driving either) BMW 318i

Back