Somersoft Cars

Current Car: Mazda2
Surprisingly fun to drive, handles well for a low end car, easy to park.
Really needs cruise control, heavier accelerator with different mapping (too sensitive at top), and different gear ratios (huge gap btn 1st and 2nd)

Previous:
Toyota Avalon Grande
Toyota Camry CSX
Holden Jackaroo 3.8L V6
Ford Mondeo
Daihatsu Charade
BMW 323i (bored and stroked to 2.5L using 325E crank and block)
Mitsubishi Galant VR4
Holden Jacakroo 2.6L
Suzuki Sierra
Nissan Pulsar Q

The Y-man

Attachments

• mazda2.jpg
    mazda2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 61
Awesome work there on the BMW 2000 mate.

I used to have 1969 BMW 2000 also, but never ended up restoring it. Restored my 2002 instead - then a Zender modified E30. Then got rid of both :-(

Current drive is a restored 1952 Morris Minor Convertable (highlight), and daily driver (which doesnt get much driving either) BMW 318i

Nice.

Your BMW 2000 wasn't a maroon one was it? I nearly bought that as a spares car in 2008. Then it appeared again on ebay just recently...

I'd love a 2002. Cracking cars.

Nice cars. I struggle to get past the fact that they lose half their value as soon as you drive them off the lot. Also - the amount of money to spend on cars and insure them - there is another deposit ;)

That is why you never, never buy a brand new car.

Our car is a 3 year old Toyota Kluger.

My BMW prior to the Clubsport and XR6 Turbo:

Was a beautiful car to drive!

Attachments

• IMG_3252.jpg
    IMG_3252.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 79
Current Car(s):
- 2001 Nissan S15
Still stuck on my 21yo car enthusiast stage in that I can't seem to let this car go. Doesn't give people good impressions - stereotypical hoon, even when I drive responsibly.

I've been wanting to sell for the past year, however could not bring myself to place it on carsales :(

Will probably move on next year.

blks15.jpg

- 2001 Mazda 323
My good old daily driver to the train station and CBD for work!

Previous cars:
- 1993 Toyota Corolla AE94
My learner car that never dies! Sold it this year for 1.3k lol

- 1998 Honda Integra Type R
A raw 'drivers' car that I missed driving on a daily basis during uni days...

Nice cars. I struggle to get past the fact that they lose half their value as soon as you drive them off the lot. Also - the amount of money to spend on cars and insure them - there is another deposit ;)

True. Thing is most people don't apply their rules universally. One person might complain about that car losing half its value as soon as they buy it thus calling it "a stupid move", but they'll go out, eat KFC and exercise vigorously for 2 hours burning off that bad food, when it would of been easier for them not to consume that junk food in the beginning. The health nuts would call that "a stupid move". Just one of many many reasons why noone is perfect. ;)

I often wonder why so many billionaires buy sports clubs like Chelsea football league that burn money like no tomorrow? These clubs lose them hundreds of millions of dollars each year! we call it stupid, but obviously these billionaires know a thing or two about success.

Just sold my 1985 Honda Prelude for scrap-$170.

Had done just under 280,000 kms. Engine still good though had a lot of rust in body, filled up with water when it rained and had no heater or demister. Had been in my family since 1990.

Have just bought a new Honda Civic for $22,990 with parking sensors, electronic rust-protection, tinting, mats and 5 year or 140,000 km warranty and 5 years road side assist. Hope it lasts as long as the Prelude.

Had a look at a few more expensive cars including Golf GTi and GTD and Subaru WRX. Test drive of WRX was fun. Wish I had one of those when I was 18 although I probably would have wrapped it around a telegraph pole.

phantom-black-002.jpg

Not quite a car, in fact only has 2 wheels but is my pride and joy.
Keeps my stomach nice and flat too, whilst enjoying the odd lager or two.

Oh my Lord, the Cyclists have hijacked the thread!! :eek:

Pinkboy - dare I ask..... that contraption of yours..... probably costs more than my Mazda....

The Y-man

Oh my Lord, the Cyclists have hijacked the thread!! :eek:

Pinkboy - dare I ask..... that contraption of yours..... probably costs more than my Mazda....

The Y-man

Actually.....that contraption......just the wheels alone probably more than your Mazda! :eek::eek::eek:

pinkboy:cool:

Back