What do you do?

FT Mum, PT Writer/author.
Don't make much of a "crust" from either, but they are two of the best jobs in the world (for me anyway) :)

FT Mum, PT Writer/author.
Don't make much of a "crust" from either, but they are two of the best jobs in the world (for me anyway) :)

I'd love to be a FT dad, I really miss my nephew more then anyone else watching him grow everyday was a great feeling. Cant imagine what raising my own child would be like.

I'd love to be a FT dad, I really miss my nephew more then anyone else watching him grow everyday was a great feeling. Cant imagine what raising my own child would be like.

I agree it is the best job.... I look after the kids during the day (just one now, eldest has started school). It certainly isn't easy or lacking in stressors, but there's no other job where those problems can be melted away or seem pointless with a smile, laugh or new words!

Good thread Bayview!

I work as an install tech now, I also work in a band. Guess which one I like best? (laughs) but what I really WANT and would love to be doing is just playing in the band. But I'm not free enough to do that just yet. Give it another 3 years and I think I'll be doing just that though. Wow.. can barely wait! Here's a few snaps from Bali taken last month, had a ball and I must say, what a great bunch of people, and some good musicians. I'm actually really excited about the whole prospect now, never thought of it like this before :)

My current full time employer wants me to quit the band but I'm not prepared to do that so may have to find something else, time will tell

Attachments

• Bali March 2013 051.jpg
    Bali March 2013 051.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Bali March 2013 097.jpg
    Bali March 2013 097.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 92
It'd be very interesting to see this thread broken down into % of respondents doing:

- FIFO/DIDO
- Something to do with/that has crossover with property, development, construction, finance etc
- Other

Seems like the latter category is in the minority.

Maybe the OP, Bayview, can edit a Poll into this thread?
What would you like in the poll?

It's interesting so far; I've had my own suspicions for quite a while that this forum was now overrun with almost only IT types and MB's - with no "traditional" job folk at all....

Not an overabundance of a plumber, a nurse, a teacher, a fiery, lifeguard, cop, etc.

Surely there are some Joe Averages out there who invest?

Go through every single response in this thread, collect the professions, and put them in a poll.

that'll keep you busy for a while :D

seriously, don't know what type of poll they're after.
I think just a quick read gives you the general idea....

Where's the tuck-shop mums and cleaning ladies, and window washers etc?

Back