What is the 'worst' suburb in your city?

sydney - Claymore housing commision

Just in terms of general perception, what is the 'worst' suburb in your city?

If you said you lived in x burb at a dinner party, what burb would most silence the room? (not talking about investment potential)

In Brisbane I'd say Inala.

no one wants to live in Claymore - the whole suburb needs a bulldozer even the goverment agrees they made a big mistake ! very sad !:(

sydney - Claymore housing commision

Still trying to work out the purpose of this thread, oh well I'll play.
Perth - these areas also are smelly, too close to the industrial areas, ie Kwinana Refinery etc.

Medina
Kwinana
Parmelia

Guess it depends on what the criteria is.

In regards to feeling safe I would say places like Northbridge or Scarboro etc (for Perth) where I wouldn't go for quids.

In regards to just a bad rep I would say Midland and Rockingham. I don't really know many other areas in Perth but I have to say, anyone who hasn't lived in Port or South Hedland, Newman, Meekatharra, Mt Isa, Katherine or Kalgoorlie doesn't know their ******** from their elbow when it comes to dodgy "suburbs" :D Once you've seen drunk aboriginals squat and take a **** in the entranceway of the shopping mall everything else loses significance.

Natmarie73.... What you couldn't have just said drunk people... Why aboriginals????

Cause white fellas have never done anything anti social in their entire lives....

Get educated!!!!!!

In regards to feeling safe I would say places like Northbridge or Scarboro etc (for Perth) where I wouldn't go for quids.

In regards to just a bad rep I would say Midland and Rockingham. I don't really know many other areas in Perth but I have to say, anyone who hasn't lived in Port or South Hedland, Newman, Meekatharra, Mt Isa, Katherine or Kalgoorlie doesn't know their ******** from their elbow when it comes to dodgy "suburbs" :D Once you've seen drunk aboriginals squat and take a **** in the entranceway of the shopping mall everything else loses significance.

Scarborough and north bridge are both good places to live and invest in. You need to think this one through nat.

Natmarie73.... What you couldn't have just said drunk people... Why aboriginals????

Cause white fellas have never done anything anti social in their entire lives....

Get educated!!!!!!

I don't think it's a lack of education - just a brutal honesty that our mostly urbanised society finds hard to accept because they simply don't know it exists, they therefore assume it's just a racist slur. the billions of dollars spent and the outcomes are shameful... I don't have answers but I do know denial is not one. but if it makes you feel better then I am sure at some point in history, a drunken white man, woman and disabled child has no doubt had a squat in the entrance of the shopping mall

yeh NB is pretty cool

i'd say the back of st james is as bad as it gets in Perth, tho I do recall it getting a bit hairy somewhere out near mirrabooka one night

you really dont have a clue and no respect for people from different backgrounds. Hope you dont bring up your kids imposing your views about different groups of the society.

you really dont have a clue and no respect for people from different backgrounds. Hope you dont bring up your kids imposing your views about different groups of the society.

That is just a laughable comment. How is commenting on something one has witnessed turned into imposing racist views.

yeh NB is pretty cool

i'd say the back of st james is as bad as it gets in Perth, tho I do recall it getting a bit hairy somewhere out near mirrabooka one night

Which night are you refering to?

I know of dozens of large incidents in Mirrabooka over my time living there. I remember a few times I couldn't leave my old property because police have blocked of the streets while a police helicopter was looking for wally and his friends.

Not to familiar with Perth yet, whats Gosnells reputation? there are a lot of subdivision opportunities there but have heard its similar to Armadle/Kelmscott

Not too many contributions to a property forum but quick to take offence at any comment that seem to disparage a disadvantaged group? Get a life! Any reform to society should be based on truth, reality and facts rather than platitudes and denial.

Back