What's the Secret!?! How do you find the time to post so frequently?

Hi all,

I've been meaning to ask this question for a while now...

How do the regular posters on Somersoft find the time to post so frequently?

Most of you appear to lead very successful and busy lives, combining family and investing with either managing your own business and or a corporate job, yet you all find time to regularly and consistently post on this forum.

I've always got great intentions to respond to a post or start a thread, but find that the million and one other things on my to-do-list get the better of me. Sometimes, I don't even have time to *lurk* on here.

So, what's your secret!?! ;)

...or do you all just have great time management skills!

Lisa

I cruise the website list during breakfast, morning tea, lunch and at night when there is nothing worth watching or during the ads ... while I'm eating and drinking a cuppa

Time?

Well, i have to find somewhere to get my "kicks" in between picking up kids, running a playgroup, waiting to kill time in between Ips, one reno per year on average, supporting friends in their times of emotional needs (aka coffee breaks), reading, part time teaching etc etc etc:p

I cruise the website list during breakfast, morning tea, lunch and at night when there is nothing worth watching or during the ads ... while I'm eating and drinking a cuppa

I take the time that I would have used for housework and gardening and fritter it away on the internet. ;)

These pretty much sum me up too. I have taken a casual job a few days a week. I get an hour for lunch and I am working in a huge shopping mall. I either shop if I am needing something, or sit and check SS on my phone whilst eating.

It really is addictive and I really do have plenty of time. Last time I did a reno (two years ago) I had to fit it in once I got home, between all the jobs that nobody else bothered to do at home :rolleyes:.

I check "new posts" and only click on headings that interest me. I don't know if anybody reads everything.

I think if someone doesnt have some time in the day to browse and post on a forum site they should have a look at their life. How can anyone be that busy?

Hi Lisa

Most posts would be less than 100 words

The really prolific posters tend to shoot off quick quips or even wise cracks rather than make lengthy detailed posts

It is more an exchange of comments than an in depth exchange of ideas. More social and anecdotal rather than technical which would require preparation and research

When people speak from their own experience, or ask their own questions, it doesn't take long to compose the post

However, the posts also tend to be a personality thing. Some posters leap into the fray and argue the toss at every opportunity, others are more on the technical side of things, others write editorial opinion pieces, but most I would say are observations and sharing of experiences

Maybe that could be your next research project - the levels of participation and contribution in web forums?

Cheers
Kristine

I'm not here nearly as much as I used to be. I only ever check new posts and browse for stuff that might interest me, which means there's a lot that I miss. This place is addictive, so I often will come back a couple of times during a day to see if there is something interesting to me, but I can go days at a time without my 'fix' if I'm busy.

Morning tea time now ... I only read threads that interest me at that given time, and I tend to skip over posts that you have to scroll down on.

I kinda think that if the long post is worth reading others will say so, or they will condense what was said into the essential elements.

Hey Lisa :D

It's called an unhealthy addiction! Seriously though.... I'm certainly not as regular as I used to be but I do pop in occasionally during the day (when I'm at my desk) but predominantly after working hours. There's always something interesting to read or learn......

Ditto Prop's comments - I also tend to perform well under pressure and have lately been working 6 days a week.... break coming up soon :eek:

I'm certainly not as regular as I used to be

Try the 2 week all bran challenge. :)

btw... the secret is time management. Are you running your life or is life running you?

The most successful and the least successful people both share one thing in common - they have the same 24 hours.

Back