Where are your properties?

I see a trend, buy where you know.

Absolutely. Most of ours are within 10km of where we live.

Broke tradition with our last one however, that's 2,300km away, and have never been there or seen it. No demographic research, bought it on a whim. No PM either. Hope it's still there. Someone's putting money in the account, that's a good sign.

PPOR Gold Coast
IP Ipswich
trying to convince partner time is right for IP2 which will be regional NSW if I get my way.

Cheers
Stella

Hi WASP. Good question for a Friday afternoon.

1 x Calista
1 x Parmelia
1 x Baldivis
PPOR Baldivis

Just starting out so close to home and where the family has lived. Hope to venture interstate soon!

4 in WA
Mandurah
Shoalwater (x 2 until Feb 2 settlement)
Yanchep

6 in NSW
Haywards Bay x 2 plus dev block
Port Kembla x 2
Kiama

VIC... Brunswick, CBD, Docklands, Elsternwick, Elwood, Ormond*, Blackburn*. Blackburn North, Ferntree Gully, Boronia, Bayswater*.
QLD...Gold Coast, Paddington, Booval*, Booval North*, Eastern Heights*, Silkstone*,Ipswich, Rosewood, Glamorganvale, Mt.Tarampa.
* denotes multiples. Residence in Melbourne..(only place to live!)
LL

All in NSW (sydney)

Units and houses
Cabramatta x 43 units within 5 km of each other
Minto x 2
Leonay x 1
Greystanes x 2
Panania x 3
Factory
Padstow x 1

Broke tradition with our last one however, that's 2,300km away, and have never been there or seen it. No demographic research, bought it on a whim. No PM either. Hope it's still there. Someone's putting money in the account, that's a good sign.

Hey Daz, Syd or Melb?

We own nothing, the bank owns em all.

Hi I am in Adelaide, and all IPs are in Adelaide suburbs.

Exeter - beachside suburb.
Burton - out north, near Defence and newer suburbs.
Windsor Gardens - rejuvenation.
Glandore - between city and beach.

PPOR - Morley/Kiara WA - I love it!! lots of good schools, cul-de-sacs. Nice homes
IP - Ashfield, WA- Currently 1 house/building another 2 - Bought for location
IP - Eden Hill, Where I saw Ashfield 10 yrs erlier - Still believe a good growth suburb
IP - Waterford Qld - Bought for cashflow. Good rent return.
Next purchase will be Brisbane Bayside or Southside. Not sure where.

25 In Taringa / Toowong - Qld
6 Paddington - Qld
4 Wynnum
3 Rockhampton - Qld
4 New Farm, Qld
1 Chapel Hill, Qld
2 Clayfield, Qld

Dont like to venture out of my confort zone.

1 San Juan Capistrano - CA, USA (with exception)

All in Melbourne...

Northcote (inner)
Armadale (inner)
Reservoir (inner-middle)
Canterbury (inner-middle)

:)

Interesting JIT, see some healthy suburbs in that list. I'm sort of trying to invest in "blue chip" suburbs too. It's kinda of a toss up between 10 cheap IP's in average areas or 4 or 5 blue chip home in nice area's. Trying to stick to the latter myself, but it's pretty hard doing that.

Do you invest in houses or units\apartments?

1 Margate, Brisbane.
1 Balga, Perth.

Seeking two more within two years.. probably in Brisbane because I know the area very well.

Bought in Point Cook, VIC

I bought my first IP in Pt Cook, a completed 5 year old house.Not too sure whether I have made th right decision as there are plenty of new land release there. I always told my self the new land releases are further from the amenities , shopping etc....

25 In Taringa / Toowong - Qld
6 Paddington - Qld
4 Wynnum
3 Rockhampton - Qld
4 New Farm, Qld
1 Chapel Hill, Qld
2 Clayfield, Qld

Dont like to venture out of my confort zone.

1 San Juan Capistrano - CA, USA (with exception)

Hey Richard,

Any of your properties in New Farm available soon? :) We could be looking for somewhere in Brisbane and always wanted to live in New Farm....:p

I'm guessing your a fan of Toowong! :)

Ems

2 IP's on the Gold Coast. 1 in Ormeau and the other Pacific Pines. Residence is usually Gold Coast but in London at the moment.

Ems

Hi Ems

Coming back so soon. That darn English winter is not fun.

No nothing vacant in New Farm but will keep my ear to the ground.
Yes love the Toowong / Taringa area.

Do you invest in houses or units\apartments?

I bought a period house first, then an apartment, then a villa unit and just recently another villa unit. All are 2X1's, old and un-renovated (hence having value-add potential via renovations), but liveable/rentable as they are. I have a soft spot now for the older style villa units in good suburbs/locations, and particularly ones that are walking distance to train stations. I've strayed away from houses now as I don't think I'll ever be bothered developing them anyway. And I've overcome most of the body corporate issues in my blocks to my favour, so this hasn't posed a major problem for me.

Back