Where are your properties?

Caravan and cabin parks ???

Kind of. More like retirement village. Residents own their house, but we own the land, they pay a weekly rent/management fee to occupy the land and have the grounds maintained. Works pretty well, keeps cashflow coming in long after the houses have been developed.

1 x PPOR - Tuggeranong ACT (bought 2002)
1 x IP - Margate QLD (bought 2005)
1 x IP - Wood Point QLD (bought 2007)
1 x IP - Boambee East NSW (bought on Monday)

IP1 House Redfern NSW (bought 1993)
IP2 House Gunn NT (bought 2005)
IP3 Unit Auburn NSW (bought 2007)

Am impressed by the number of properties some posters have.

IP1 House Redfern NSW (bought 1993)
IP2 House Gunn NT (bought 2005)
IP3 Unit Auburn NSW (bought 2007)

Am impressed by the number of properties some posters have.

id love an investment in redfern but tis out of my price range now, for something run down like a semi which would need alot of work is close to 600-650k. People scowl at it now but as they continue to clean up the area it is going to be the next best inner city suburb seeing as though its so close to everywhere.

I also would personally love to live in erskinville. Considering renting there but not sure if i could get a place ( 2 bedroom) for 400 a week.

Create demand.

I think its a great idea. If you read through all the different properties you might discover a new location to invest in. You might know a little about someone and would like to know where they invest. Then you could PM them for that infor and create more demand. More demand means prices rise. It's a long shot but it could happen. Anyway for interests sake it's still pretty cool. Mine are in Davoren Park, Elizabeth Downs and Salisbury North. Any investors buy in these suburbs so that the demand goes up. hehe.

PPOR - Morley/Kiara WA - I love it!! lots of good schools, cul-de-sacs. Nice homes
IP - Ashfield, WA- Currently 1 house/building another 2 - Bought for location
IP - Eden Hill, Where I saw Ashfield 10 yrs erlier - Still believe a good growth suburb
IP - Waterford Qld - Bought for cashflow. Good rent return.
Next purchase will be Brisbane Bayside or Southside. Not sure where.

Geez I'm a slack ****, 18months later and I still haven't built.
Sold - Eden Hill - WA
Purchased - Parkinson - Qld

Where?

It would be interesting to see where people are located and where they have their properties (feel free to be generalised or specific if feeling a bit guarded about your hot spots and secret locations :D).

Do most hold investments in their own state or have you spread yourselves further including interstate or overseas:confused:

x 1 house Redlynch Village Cairns Qld
x 1 house Port Douglas Qld
x 3 Units North Adelaide, SA
currently searching for the next.

Cheers,
JASA

x 1 house Rowville Vic
x 1 house Frankston North Vic

Looking but not purchasing for a minimum of 12 months (unless of course if the price is right! ;)) - saving for "security". Been looking all over the place and have yet to make up my mind where it might be. i.e. Geelong, Doveton, Berwick, Mansfield - wide and broad but sticking to Victoria because I know Victoria.

x 1 house Rowville Vic
x 1 house Frankston North Vic

Looking but not purchasing for a minimum of 12 months (unless of course if the price is right! ;)) - saving for "security". Been looking all over the place and have yet to make up my mind where it might be. i.e. Geelong, Doveton, Berwick, Mansfield - wide and broad but sticking to Victoria because I know Victoria.

vic, tas, qld, nsw, nt, sa

vic, tas, qld, nsw, nt, sa

We aren't willing at this stage to use a BA to effectively make a $300k purchase on our behalf (too time poor to travel the country :(). Fair to say that's a far greater risk than purchasing in an area that we know. Different strokes for different folks.

I see your point of diversifying the portfolio and congratulations if you have an IP in all those states and territories. :)

Woo hoo!! I can now join the list (well officially in a coupla weeks)
1 x IP McDowall (Brisban)
1 x PPOR Kelvin Grove (Brisane)

Back