Diet, Exercise and Weight loss - help!

How do naturopaths diagnose vitamin deficiencies? I know my partner has run the gamut of blood tests and had to delay start of treatment until his levels of everything were within normal range and he'd lost some weight. What he's on has all sorts of fun side effects, from that muscle loss and cramping through to an increased risk of cancer, although there hasn't been too many studies on that so the jury is still out. But he got counselling about that anyway.

He's on a low carb diet now, I'm following along as well since I still have a few wobbly bits to shift and a slight muffin top in my old jeans. Apparently kilos really don't mean much, I'm already at my 'ideal' weight but clearly I'm going to end up undershooting it before I reach equilibrium again.

This a public forum where personal opinions are exchanged.

Indexfund - I suggest you make it very clear in you posts that you are expressing a personal opinion (we assume this most of the time - however, your posts taken out of context can be taken as direct advice.

We have had discussions behind the scenes regarding this and other threads - and we may have no choice but to delete your posts, despite potentially important informaiton in them.

I am not disgreeing with all of the contents of your posts, nor the unquestionable passion in your posts - but I feel they are poorly expressed, and take a ratyher sledgehammer approach to something that can be much better presented.

As I said - I do not disagree with all of the contents - I believe you have valid points - but just as I do not tell people thay *HAVE* to buy a certain type of property in a particular town - I do not shove my practices down their throats either.

The Y-man

The alternative health industry has just as many, if not more, charlatans, thieves, incompetents out to fleece you for your money. If the natural health industry is soo good then why haven't they also come up with a cure for cancer and sprouted it around. The ones they claim are cures are destroyed when tried in double blind placebo controlled studies. Got nothing against eating a healthy diet etc but some of the claims made by the vitamin companies are absurd. But like doctors they are out to make money so not really all that concerned about your health but selling some thermophase to help your liver :rolleyes:

I didn't read anything on that site when I saw city lights prove et existence. Haha I'm sure the flying spaghetti monster is in there somewhere. Actually maybe the flying spaghetti monster has the cure to all diseases. By his pasta we are healed.
There are crooks and thieves in every industry, the point is you need to use your heart and brains when it comes to your health. Don't put your blind faith into drugs and doctors with white coats "because they went to medical school for 7 years learning all about every single drug from A to Z but know nothing about proper nutrition".

I won't post more on this as it's been previously discussed many times.

Indexfund - I suggest you make it very clear in you posts that you are expressing a personal opinion (we assume this most of the time - however, your posts taken out of context can be taken as direct advice.

We have had discussions behind the scenes regarding this and other threads - and we may have no choice but to delete your posts, despite potentially important informaiton in them.

I am not disgreeing with all of the contents of your posts, nor the unquestionable passion in your posts - but I feel they are poorly expressed, and take a ratyher sledgehammer approach to something that can be much better presented.

As I said - I do not disagree with all of the contents - I believe you have valid points - but just as I do not tell people thay *HAVE* to buy a certain type of property in a particular town - I do not shove my practices down their throats either.

The Y-man

Hi Y man,

Yeah that's fine, can you also mention to pennyk not to troll my posts, thanks and I will adjust my posts....

I guess my advice is not for everyone, many people simply do not want to change and skew the truth, that's ok, the economy needs to keep growing :)

But in the end, I know what you mean and my posts can be seen as intimidating, partly because of my passion for the topics of health and wanting to educate people on other ways than using drugs and listening to docs.

Hi Y man,

Yeah that's fine, can you also mention to pennyk not to troll my posts, thanks and I will adjust my posts....
to educate people on other ways than using drugs and listening to docs.

I dont troll your posts.... in fact I do all I can to avoid them, and I do my best not to reply to them.
I dont care what advice you offer to people, unless you tell them to ignore medical advice or to avoid going to see a doctor or that recognised medical treatment is dangerous to peoples health.
So, if you dont do those things, I wont comment.

A few years ago when I lost a whole heap of weight I was getting random bruising as well. Mainly on my limbs as well as a few around my stomach area. I constantly looked like I had fallen down a flight of stairs and then gotten into a punch-on. I went to the docs about it and she reckons it was due to all the toxins that had built up in my layers of fat that were being pushed out. Not sure whether I belive it or not, all I know if that when I lose weight I get covered in bruises for some reason.

thats interesting

Great work Alex, Its like Kristine's thread An Investment in Reduction which was also interesting reading as the numbers went south

Whats the diet and exercise regime at present?

I'm doing rowing interval sprints twice a week, steady state running and cycling 3-4 times a week and a new weights programme (working on my core muscles and compound exercises) twice a week.

I'm going to try to exercise in the mornings. It will impact more greatly on my metabolic rate and will put me in a good mood for the day. It will be difficult for me to change though as I'm a night owl. But i'll give it a good crack.

My touch rugby singlet that I had a bit of trouble breathing in two weeks ago (cos it was too tight) is already starting to feel looser. yey :D I've been working extra hard so that I would be fitting into it properly within my time-frame of 6-8 weeks. Its week 3 now. Its been a great incentive. I already worked hard but now i'm working even harder so as to fit into it.

Yes, because figuring out how to lead a healthy lifestyle is a bit like figuring out which religion is right... :rolleyes:

Can we please act our age on here?

If you don't like it, don't read it.

Dude, it's not that I don't like it, you just seem to have a superiority complex. I got no beef with you whatsoever. The 'my god is the one true god' was in reference to your attitude that 'I am always right and anyone that doesn't agree with me is wrong.'

You state your opinion as if it is fact and when forum members call you out on it, you accuse them of trolling.

Alex, can I please have some of your motivation?

I just ate half a pack of tim tams :eek:

Now I'm just wondering where to hide them before James gets home... :eek:

Ha! He caught me in the act!

Anyway, when I say half a packet - I pulled them out to realise there were just 3 left.

I had them confiscated. :(

I dont troll your posts.... in fact I do all I can to avoid them, and I do my best not to reply to them.
I dont care what advice you offer to people, unless you tell them to ignore medical advice or to avoid going to see a doctor or that recognised medical treatment is dangerous to peoples health.
So, if you dont do those things, I wont comment.

No, you are misunderstanding the message behind my posts.

If a person is unwell, they rightfully should go to a physician and get assessed. Once they know what is wrong with them, they should explore ALL the available options out there, both natural and conventional.

If the physician is writing out a script for Nexium to target heartburn and GERD, it would be much better for the person to refuse the drug, drop any processed foods, alcohol and soft drinks and go on a strict raw vegan diet for a month or two. Nexium will never cure these people, it simply shoots the messenger (removes the symptoms of GERD). Proper vegan or vegetarian diet for a month or two will cure the person, as long as they don't revert back to their toxic diet after or at least control what they eat.

But people like you can't make any sacrifices it seems, you want to lose weight and still be able to eat a whole pack of tim tams once a day...

Back