MELBOURNE - April Easter Dinner

Hi Manny

Unfortunately the battery has died on my car (I think its paying me back for leaving it for 3 weeks) and although its under warranty the mechanic is closed until Wednesday!!!! So I won't be able to make it :( its too far to walk .......

Sorry I can't make it I would love to have shown off my Spanish tan!!! :D

Regards

Chris

chrispy said:
Hi Manny

Unfortunately the battery has died on my car (I think its paying me back for leaving it for 3 weeks) and although its under warranty the mechanic is closed until Wednesday!!!! So I won't be able to make it :( its too far to walk .......

Sorry I can't make it I would love to have shown off my Spanish tan!!! :D

Regards

Chris

RACV battery direct is pretty good - they come out to you and replace it. Have had several car's batteris replaced, and reasonable pricing (not as cheap as buying at Kmart and putting in yourself - but then, the last one I bought didn't fit.....)

Cheers,

The Y-man

* BUMP *

reminder, the dinner is scheduled for tonight... looking forward to seeing you all there...

There are plenty of seats for us all (and extras if needed)... See you there tonight...

Cheers,

Manny.

Manny

Thankyou so much for organising such a great night

Thanks to everyone for making it such a success

I feel so lucky to be part of such a wonderful supportive and pro-active group :D

Regards

Chris

Thanks Manny!

It was definitely a great evening! Quite a good turn out!

I look forward to the next meet :)

Regards,
Ozi

Hello Manny and all the Happy Eaters!

Actually, when we were in UK in January the Happy Eaters seemed to have dissapeared from the motorways. (sigh) I have fond memories of the children (well, there was only 2.2 at the time) eating baked beans at a number of Happy Eaters when we were there in about 1986.

Particularly I remember the day I decided to take the children to Stonehenge, and as everything is upside down over there, when leaving the car park to return to London I naturally kept the setting sun on my left.

When I passed the 'Next Exit Bath' sign I realised I had been travelling west and not east. Oops!

So in to the next Happy Eater, rang Mike at the flat in Hamstead Heath (luckily the landlord had thoughtfully installed a coin operated public phone in the flat - I kid you not!) and after a leisurely dinner (pardon my liberty with the truth!) and a peaceful drive east (if I never hear Peter Ustinov's recording of 'When We Were Very Young' again I'll die happy!) we finally arrived home at the basement flat which were were renting then for 185 pounds per week.

So, Happy Eaters one and all, we were pleased to meet you all again and some for the first time and thanks as always, Manny, for taking the trouble to organise this.

Now, how about a Spring Equinox dinner meeting and better still, a Happy Financial New Year dinner in early July!

See you round like a record!

Kristine

Hi all,

I thoroughly enjoyed catching up with everyone last night... always great to catch up with a great group, especially at a good venue with good food/drinks... definately looking forward to the next outing, but as Kristine suggested, a "Happy Financial Year" evening would be the way to go... will keep bring it up in the next couple of meetings & we can take it from there...

See you at the May meeting (TBA)...

Cheers,

Manny.

Back