Network 21 (Amway)

But to get it replaced you have to find someone who is hosting a party or take it to a sales rep. Both really cumbersome ways to have something replaced.

Hiya

im not into Tupperware, prefer Acryclic Rubbermaid stuff.

You'd simply Call the Tupperware number and they would be able to advise your local person whom you coud then call you to organise. Doesnt seem any more cumbersome than trying to get a replacement item thats a few uears old at any retail store.

ta
rolf

at the risk of highjacking amway for tupperware...
pennyk, are you aware though that if your tupperware breaks in 20 years time they will replace it...free? I have had containers replaced that were over 30 years old replaced, no questions asked. try that with a plastic container from kmart!:eek:...anyway back to amway LOL

Hi Joan,

I just bought some more Tuperware Friday night. Tupperware is great value and you are right...it lasts for absolutely decades and if not, they replace it.:)

Regards JO

You'd simply Call the Tupperware number and they would be able to advise your local person whom you coud then call you to organise. Doesnt seem any more cumbersome than trying to get a replacement item thats a few uears old at any retail store.

I suppose I was comparing it to just chucking away the $9 cereal container from Coles. (To be honest, the $9 cereal holder from Coles is fantastic and I like it much better than the Tupperware ones, where the little lid holders never seem to hold properly.)

Actually I like Tupperware, but I am not fond of the whole "party plan" thing. It is not my cup of tea. And to have to drop one lid to someone and wait a few weeks to pick up a replacement one is a PITA (for me anyway).

I now buy my everyday containers from Coles, but still use Tupperware (if I can just stop hubby from using them to soak paint brushes in :eek:).

soak his paintbrush in!!!!! OMG I am hyperventilating!!!!!:eek: I would KILL for less :D back when we were broke and the kiddies were very little I was a Tupperware lady.....twice! my pantry looks like the ones in the brochure ( it is however the only tidy bit!)

Fair point Wylie., its pretty much the same with almost any item these days isnt it..........Tvs, DVD players etc

If only we could find a way to recycle more of this stuff, it would great.

Im actually a really big supporter of "direct selling", not as a primary money earning excercise for most people per se, but the learning of people skills along the way if one does persue such things.

ta
rolf

I've had 2 lettuce Crispers used as dog water bowls.:eek:

I simply will not buy another one becasue I'm sure my husband will track it down.

Regards JO

hi smitty
What are your thoughts on them (whether you're involved or not) , what are the pros and cons, how can it work, how can it fail, is it worth the effort ?
not sure about the pro and cons
because it depends what you what to do
but heres some questions for you and then you can work out if it for you
r u willing to be trained and have a mentor that you wil listern to and believe they will assist you to get to where you want to go.
will you do the training required to get there.
and will you put in the effort what ever that is to get the the benchmarks that you set yourself
and are you willing to do things different to what you are currently doing
and if the answer to that is yes
then for me there is no cons there is only pros because until you get involved and do the 90 days I would not be able to work out your cons because I don't know and I think you won't know until you work out where or what you want to do.
I have alot of people that have lots of different aims they want to achieve
and you ned to work out that and then get trained to what you want to achieve
for me there is one thing that you will find there will be hell of alot of people taht wil tell you what to do to not achieve and a very little fraction that will assist you to get some thing positive
or even advance you.
if you want to get ahead you will find very few that are behind you pushing you forward and hell of alot stopping you and pulling you back.
the question for you is simple
which do you want
assistance or resistance
better or bitter
they are similar but very different
for me you want to excel
get positive people that have excelled around you and you will excel
as they say its hard to fly like an eagle when you have turkeys around you
(thats not a reflection on alot here)
get to a reginal or a national conference and you will see how positive can be.
I am not about to run thru if you should or should not get involved in a business
what I will say is you asked is some one in it and I hope I have answered some questions.
I have no problems answering question but the reality is that this business has not nor do I think it will be efected by the down turn it is increasing in fact.
and do I have any negative people in my groups
no
is that a good thing
I think so
I hope you find what you are looking for.

hi all

I missed the question beofre and just reread some of the posts and if I have not already answer a question post again so I can answer it
I am sanguine so I allow that we are not the best people to go back.
you will see on this board and if you have not go have a look.
that I have not mentioned dreams at all in this post.
thou people that have been in amway and network 21 it is a major part of what and why people get involved
I have posted that people must understand the difference
between a want and a dream
now amway asks you to dream big and you will get to that dream
and I think thats true
with or without amway
amway is a vehicle but its not the only vehicle
a dn some time you have to change vehicles to get to a destination
and it sounds like a few here have changed vehicles but the destination is the same
if its a dream
and for the people taht have been in amway and moved on
a man with a dream will never be denied
this I believe to be true
rightly or wrongly I believe it to be true
and I have a couple of dreams and one I have posted a while ago in I have a dream
and that dream is still true and
I am still working to get there.
now people invest for lots of reasons
but without a goal or a dream to me your investing in worthless you have not built a strong foundation and this is the most important part of a structure
and that foundation is your dreams and goals.
and you can't start unless you know what you want
and you can't know what you want unless in alot of cases you are assisted to see it
the old can't see the forrest for the trees
amway asks you to dream big
we have all been told that you can't get your dreams
to me this is a lie
you can get your dreams
you just need the vehicle or vehicles to do it
and thats not amway saying thats that to me is a fact
people will tell you it can't be done
ask that of people when they have done it.
people will tell you don't do this and don't do that.
thats because they couldn't do it or are to held up in there own problems that to them its to hard.
but get out of taht group and get into a group that says yes you can do it
and guess what
you will do it
get swimmer, runner even golfers
have great dreams to break a record or a number on a clock
what is that
its a dream
without a dream you are spinning wheels your in hold
as I heard at the weekend thats what pilots do.
if you invest with me I am not on hold
if you want mentoring with me I am not on hold.
when we are investing we are not on hold
we are advancing
and thats not amway.
what do I take from amway
very simply assistance
I have an upline taht I do as they say and I take taht to my network and group
I mirror amway into my name business and I get them to set goals
and dreams and we aim together
people have asked if I would mentor them
simply for me you understand my dream
you came along for the ride
you take any opportunity without kicking them out of your lounge room and you do 1 thing that I understand frokm my up line( my coach)
we have 2 eras and one mouth
use it in those proporations and we will get along just fine
my up line does not come here I think if he does
I would like to say thanks.
but I think he knows that anyway
I like amway and I like the system
post any question you wish
but I think I have put my position

I do have a couple of questions for you GR, and would be curious to know the answers.

Personally, Amway (or any other upline type business) is not for me, but I know several people who do it. Because it is all very (seemingly) secret you may satiate my curiosity.

The one friend who used to sell Amway (haven't seen much of her for years) had such a bad name around the school/kindy scene that people would avoid her and take bets on how long it would take her to get around to trying to either sell something, join them up, or get them to come to a "try the makeup" session at her house.

The other friend who apparently does very well from it will not tell me anything, but has never tried to interest me in it either. I have no doubt that she knows that I am not the personality type to be of benefit to her, but I wonder how she increases her business. Perhaps she has enough downline people that they bring in enough turnover to enable her to not have to do the hard sell anymore?

It seems you say you don't actually sell Amway, but buy some product to give to your downline people. If they also are savvy businessmen who are mainly using Amway for the training it provides, I assume they also don't sell the product, but possibly buy it for their own households. If these assumptions are correct, then what does your upline get from you and your downlines? This is the bit that confuses me. You would not be bringing much business to your upline, which I assume is the thing they would be wanting.

From what you say, if it is the excellent training that you are really after, I assume you would join any company that gave you that training as part of the package. Is that so? Would you sell stockings if the training that came with it was fantastic. If so, isn't Amway missing out on a LOT of income they could be charging for their training?

I cannot understand why Amway would give away this seemingly valuable training to anybody who (after a certain period of time) was not making the upline (and therefore the company) much money.

I am not trying to bag Amway or you or anyone who runs this type of business, but have found it really hard to get any answers from anyone about it. It seems to be a bit like the Masons :p:D, don't ask anything, and we won't tell you anything.

Would love to hear your answers to these questions, when you have time.

I cannot understand why Amway would give away this seemingly valuable training to anybody who (after a certain period of time) was not making the upline (and therefore the company) much money.
wylie, I hear you loud and clear. I can't get my head around the business model, either, ie how they make money - other than by the unsuccessful people in the business who spend lots of money trying to make a business, but only succeed in redirecting their own cash to other members of the business higher up the chain.

What all these businesses have in common is that there seems to be much more of an emphasis on recruiting other people into the business, than on selling product to end users. Thus the focus seems to be primarily about redistributing funds within the business (ie from the bottom to the top, and constantly trying to work your way further towards the top by adding people below you), than bringing money into the business from the external environment.

It just seems to defy common sense, and seems like a fundamentally flawed business model.

But hey, maybe I'm looking at it too simplistically. :confused:

Hiya Wylie

I will let Gross answer most of this................

The one area where I will butt in though is this.

The training with larger MLMs is usually NOT provided by the company the provides the products or services.

Sounds really dumb from the outside, but certainly from my personal exposure, Amway's marketing ideas tend to focus on product retailing and sponsoring others to do the same.

The training and systems are provided by "motivational" organisation such as Network 21 or IDA or 30 plus other groups.

Your experience with the 2 people that you know that are "in" is often (but not always) reflective of what type of motivational organisation or line of sponsorship they are associated with.

Some groups focus purely on retail, some focus on party plan, some focus on networking and self consumption.

It is this difference as to why people "not in the know" get confused between "people" and company.

This goes back to what I said earlier in this thread. Choose your upline and the people you work with wisely............make sure they fit your mindset. Once you have that sorted out make sure that the company that provides the products and services is reputable and has been around and wille around for a long time because building a big network takes a lot of time and effort.

ta
rolf

hi all
I would like to addres one post separate because I think it need to be addressed
first as bove I am sanguine and as such they doen't judge so don't take this as judgement it more of an opinion
penny you posted
and I would like to address it in red if thats ok

My hubby did Network 21 for a year or so, and together we were in GNLD, vitamin MLM for several years.
My feedback is that it was a lot of work for very little reward
this is a free board and my group will read this and I tell them that don't expect any reward until you get to emerald if you get a cheque spend it on yourself or partner but don't expect it yes it will come but anything you don't expect and recieve is a bonus that you feel alot better about. We bought the products, signed people up, held meetings etc etc, and maybe got a cheque for $80 at the end of the month as above on the cheque
but with regards to the time we all have to put time into a new business and this is a business I have to put different amount of time into different businesses and thats not a reflection of my time but the people with me so if you put time in thats the norm if you wish to get to a goal or dream you have to put in heaps of time
tiger woods spends hrs hitting balls for what he may think is for no use swimmers do the same but over time you see that things sink in and you gain ideas and information now t might not be just amway you may well use that to go investing into some thing atht you want to go for and you have set that goal where did you get that drive from that system and if putting that timne in gave you that drive and you got taht goal was it worth it
I would say yes was taht done from amway again yes
so was that time wasted on amway maybe but worth it in the long run read above about the instant world and also getting out what you want and you have to have goal dreams and foundation correct if the model is not setup at the start then you can't build we all have different want and your model just like companies and trust are very different and just like I say here don't bu an off the shelf trust or problems occur don't think this is a instant road to glory for some it will be
for me its a slog and a learning process we are all different

these things take time
. We were probably spending 10 -15 hours a week on developing the business
in a subway or mac'ser store its hell of a lot more and in most of mine are 6 days 15hrs per day but if you want to get there you have to put in the time this is not a full time job but you put in time for what you want to achieve , on top of working full time, but got very little to show for it in return.
GNLD was easier than N21, because there was actually a product to sell, and people weren't immediately on guard
amway is a business 8 bil last year and it has its products which are market leaders
and network 21 is a different business yes they run toghter but are very different
one is the vehicle and the other is the training and you as a ibo you are independant person
people have reasons to get involved and ifthe person is on guard thats fine by me and see if they can benefit for what ever reason if they wish not to tahts fine and move on
Because in both of them, you need to also buy products in order to get the small rewards cheque, you are generally spending more money than you actually make for me not really
if you were to pay some one to mentor you for 12 months what would it cost min 300 per week thats 15.6k per annum did you pay out more then that thats the question you ned to ask
if you were on the disk programme whats the price of the information on the disk.
if you took those ideas and bought a property because you had that goal and you made a profit because of that information or drive what value do you put on that purchase.
and if you didn't the question is why not
not why
my question is why not
you have a upline taht is assisting you to a goal anda dream and if you don't get to them people ask well the vehicle is wrong
I say no either the fuel was wrong Ie your drive was not there or the destination was wrong your goal and both have very little to do with amway or network 21
if you aim at a bad outcome I can nearly quarantee you will get there and you need to turn the vehicle around or jump out an change vehicles if not you will get to that destination without a miss

So, you pay to sign up, pay to buy products, pay to put on meetings, and someone ahead of you in the chain gets the benefit of your work
again why not
if you were to mentor with me do you believe that the mentor is not going to make any money
now this might sound harsh but why did you want to mentor with me in the first place to make a loss
people want me to mentor them because they want to mirror my success and I would not make that sucess unless I am sucessful no rocket science there
so if they are mentoring you and they are assisting you that want you to be successful
why because it makes them money as well
read above these are businesses if the were a charity they would have it in there name
I am not a charity if people invest with me in a syndicate I make moneyi tell them that
I make more money then they do
I tell them that
I want them to make money because they come back to make more money which in turn make me more money there is no hiding that and teh more training you get and the better investor you get you want to invest more
but thats not amway thats life
it not amway problem or fault that its a business and in the business of making money for me good on them
they are doing it ethically and with a very good structure
so before people say !!

So, you pay to sign up, pay to buy products, pay to put on meetings, and someone ahead of you in the chain gets the benefit of your work
not what did they get but what did you get
you got someone I don't know that has put 12 months of there time or what ever time into assisting you to make a business
they have invested there time into training you
they have take time out of what they were going to be doing to make sure you understand and build a business
and I ask you if you go 80 dollars what did they get
for me my up line gets my respect and there are very few on this rock that get that there are alot of people that would want to have the time my up line get from me.
and respect is some thing you need to earn and my upline has earned my respect and again thats not amway
people always see things with rose coloured glasses sanguines don't
we want to fly we are the peter pans of this world
we have dreams and drive that most people would love.
we are the group that are told sit down and watch the board and learn and we look out the window and want to run and fly we want to climb mountains most people just look an say thats to big.
my upline says
no you dream
and go and get that dream.
you can do it
we live in aworld where people always so
you can't
you can't
you can't
and this group says
you can
you can
you can
but not only you can but I will be there to make sure you do and by the way I am not getting paid by anyone to make sure you do you jusdt have to buy this toothpaste or this product
I buy products all the time
what I don't get all the time is
you can
you can
you can
well call me selfish or what ever but I want that
you can
you can
you can
I am sick and tired of
you can't
you cant
you can't
and my dream on this board is I am sick and tired of the same for the people in I have a dream

someone ahead of you in the chain gets the benefit of your work
my upline deserved double of what he/she gets
and I want them to get to the next level for them.
network 21 give you 1 main thing I have not found anywhere else and thats focus
focus on what you want not everyone else what you want
and the tools to achieve that
if you did not get that focus then I would be having a chat with your upline because I do not
did but do
and anyone that knows sanguines to get them focused is very difficult but as I said a man with a dreram will never be denied and thats my focus

I know it works for some people, but personally I would prefer to spend my time doing something which gives a really strong return.
as for this I am not to sure how to address it again ot to sound like judging
but what stronger returns can you have

monitary return is important but not major as money is a currancy or commodity and come and goes the structure is more important
eductaional returns depends what you got out of it and will cost hell of a lot more to spend time effort and cost to buy information that cost each month
or the major return for me growth not sure if you can direct me to something that will make you grow on the same wave length maybe a born again relegion but then again I am not sure if I want to join one of those but tahts me
strong return depends what your base is
a single commercial on my desk would out strip alot of people on this boards return levels
and it would out strip alot of people wages
it takes about 4 to 6 months to convert to a purchase and the return against another property investment is huge
to me is that a better return then amway or network 21
no
it does not make me grow
and I get lots of comm come across my desk
I can sydndicate a comm
I can't syndicate my upline
unless we tried to clone him and her
one thing I learnt from the last conference and was put up in bold letters and again its not just amway
if you are going to have a coach or mentor
commit to the coach
rely on the coach.
and do what the coach says
but believe the coach will put you on track for that goal or dream because they see the bigger picture

again without sounding condisending this is me and is not anyform of judgement and I hope everyone gets to their own goals and dreams
I have goals and I have dreams abnd for me they are very different
and before you ask is one goal to type better
no
I have my own goals
and they are not effected by others goals of understanding

Amway products are expensive and the training cant be gotten in many places if you have the motivation.
Yes their training is great, and does'nt come free.
But they have'nt re-invented the wheel, it's all public knowledge out there for those that seek it.

Network21 work on the premise that ~80% of products (I read this stat somehwere a while ago) are bought & consumed by Amway distributors.
So the plan is to signup as many people as possible, convince them that "buying from your own business" is worth the higher price and that doing so will eventually lead to financial freedom if they can get enough others to do the same thing.
Most other Amway downlines put more emphasis on selling product, makeup parties etc using the "party plan" model of getting a group of people in a room and demonstrating the products.
Once people are interested in the products, then you can offer them to be a distributor.

Ozperp just imagine your a product manufacturer.
You offer a 25% margin on your products to your distributors.
You then give them a 6% volume bonus for achieving >$60k per mth
Your distributor then gets a few others to also sell the products and offers a 25% margin and 4% volume bonus for >$20K.
When the sub-distributor gets to >40k, he gets his own 6% volume bonus, and deals directly with you (manufacturer). But you also keep paying the person who signed him 1% residual commission on future sales as an incentive to get people to that level.
You give people nice ranks based on the level they achieve and a few extra bonuses along the way.

At this point you as manufacturer don't need to get involved much in the sales process other that to start it up. The bonus scheme should be enough to motivate your distributors to train & motivate others to sell products.
This is not exactly how Amway works, but illustrates the model.

In Amway some early distributors like Dexter Yaeger decided to create there own motivational products to give to downline as it became a much easier way to address many people in a growing downline.
Then these products started being sold to downline to the point where it's just about compulsory that you signup for "tape/cd of the week".
I heard that these products can be a significant % of revenue to the diamond & above distributors, but could never confirm how much.

hi wylie
i will try to answer the question
but for me what ever I say you are not going to get it or your dream as above will be different.
firstly I by the products
I do well over 100pv and so does my group
why because I like the product
I hacve people in the group that jsut sell products to others and they are 3 to 4 times me in buying the product.
The one friend who used to sell Amway (haven't seen much of her for years) had such a bad name around the school/kindy scene that people would avoid her and take bets on how long it would take her to get around to trying to either sell something, join them up, or get them to come to a "try the makeup" session at her house.
women love makeup I don't they do and so you ahve lots of these parties and lots of product gets sold if you want to go or not thats up to you.
amway sells millions of dollars and if you want I can get the number of this product now some one buys it unless the tip is full of artistry and someone using it
simply it sells an if you are using it yourselve then you get points its that simple
I have no doubt that she knows that I am not the personality type to be of benefit to her,
why are you dead
that might sound a bit harsh but why would you be of no interest to her there is very few people that are of no interest to me except dead people
if you don't wish some thing that fine just say.
it seems you say you don't actually sell Amway,
I don't actively sell it as i have other things to do my wife wishes to but thats her call and she and my daughter love artistry so the sell that line and jewlery I like the viatmins and we do consume as human beings do.
I could active sell but to me its a no brainer if I am required to get to my goal and to get there I am over that anyway do I need to sell I have my goal and I have my vehicle do I need to clean it.
From what you say, if it is the excellent training that you are really after, I assume you would join any company that gave you that training as part of the package. Is that so? Would you sell stockings if the training that came with it was fantastic. If so, isn't Amway missing out on a LOT of income they could be charging for their training
amway has a turn over of 8 billion
they pay each month and have not missed apayment to anyone
if they are losing out on income I don't think I will be the one to tell them.
why
because there is thre businesses here amway network 21 and us as ibo"s and they are all different with different goals
my answer to this is simple
go to taht lady that thinks your dead and say I am alive and would like to have a look into amway
you have 90 days and you can get a refund.
if you really don't like her or don't wish to tell her your not dead pm me and I will walk you thru thats your call
and after 90 days you will understand it fully and from there you will no longer have that desire for knowledge empty

that is not a cop out and look you have to this or that but for you to have your questions answered in this type of business you need to see hear and understand for yourself
and I won't kill you that is a bit of a promise
wish you all well

Thanks for the reply GR. I appreciate your offer to "walk me through". I do appreciate it, but my personality is such that I have no interest at all in selling anybody anything, so I would be of no use to you, but thank you for the offer.

At least you are giving some of us some insight into how the company works.

And I must reassure you that my acquaintance knows I am not dead :D but at least she has given up on trying to get me to join Amway. I just think it is a shame that she used to be tarred with the "avoid at all costs" brush by many of the people she came into contact with, because she tried to get everybody to join. Of course, she no doubt has her circle of genuine friends, but those who she has tried to sell/join Amway are wary of her motives, which is a pity.

hi wylie
thats fine.
business is business and just like money it should not effect friendships
it does but it shouldn't
and people find that out when they start businesses
I have started lots I had a good friend that bought a building and fitted it out to be butchers shop (he is not in amway but has seen and knows the system and he is still a very close friend:eek:)
know his idea was that he was the presedent of five clubs and the one was a very large ethnic community group
and he told me that the community would buy from his shop
so he put hrs and hrs into setting this shop up
when it came to opening and operating
non of the community came
they went to coles and to who ever
he would open at 5 and close at 11.00 doing orders for shops but non of his community bought from him
you might think they did not know he was there
well they found him when they had a sausage drive or meat raffle and the clubs wanted sponser this and that.
he was heart broken
he was a renown butcher from his area and yet no one came
he lost alot of friends my answer to him was simple if you build a business on your freinds to buy or fund you are aiming at disaster.
they say yes but mean no
they say yes to keep you happy but deep down they want to say no
if some one keeps trying its not because of amway
its because they think you can benefit.
why because they could try on someone they don't know and they are not as hard.
if he knew now what he found out then he would never have build thats shop.
and would taht have done him any good
no
why becasue that shop was his dream.
and as they say watch what you dream for you might just get it
and it might not be what you wanted.
hope you all well and hope I have answered you questions as best i can

I always thought MLM (and especially Amway) was a non business. Or a business for people with no business who thinks it is a bona fide business. My opinion is it's a joke and the work vs. reward equation is very small. Very, very few make a decent earn.

Its like a million worker bees out there earning squat and working hard and pestering everyone for little reward. What a way to make a dollar. (literally)

GR, i thought you were a high flying developer, financier or whatever. What you doing with this stuff?

I always thought MLM (and especially Amway) was a non business. Or a business for people with no business who thinks it is a bona fide business. My opinion is it's a joke and the work vs. reward equation is very small. Very, very few make a decent earn.

Its like a million worker bees out there earning squat and working hard and pestering everyone for little reward. What a way to make a dollar. (literally)

GR, i thought you were a high flying developer, financier or whatever. What you doing with this stuff?

OMG, Evan, wher have you BEEN?

Regards JO

Back