Obama's speech

it's like gattaca all over again - anyone read that book/see that movie?

i wonder some days - if the people of the USA will ever stand up to their opressors - i mean, government. trouble is, they're so divided they're all very easily conquered. classes, races, workers, ghettos, cities, states, blocks, apartments....all individualising. it's been a few hundred years in the making.

as to the CIA watching this thread, just put a colour and an american plant together. write it, speak it, whatever. eventually you'll hit a code name. like "yellow oak", or "red acorn" - then it'll be tagged and tracked. cheers.

BTW, I admit Obama is articulate and highly motivational....but you don't have to scratch too deep to find the motivation is the thin veneer of an ideologue without an audited financial plan.

When did leading a nation centre solely on financial abilities?

It must be remembered that in a democracy we dont elect a new board member who will run the audit committee, but we elect individuals that will represent us, address our concerns and, we hope, provide good direction and leadership for the nation. The economy is a big part of this, but it is by no means the chief and over-riding factor.

It aint all about the money, even in the US, I hope.

short of being too righteous... and as an obama supporter, i am completely disgusted at the amount of money he is using for his campaign.

with the amount of money he has received in the last quarter, wouldn't it be nice to give US$50m to the poor/starving/homeless/hurt/disadvantaged... heck, you'd get sympathy votes out of it you maniac.

He is not jesus.. he is not here to save the world, nor even save america.

I really enjoyed his audio/books and I do admire the mans intelligence and drive.. but **** it, now i don't care any more.. those morons in america will get led by whatever is on tv.. heck, ELLEN or OPRAH could be president over there.

there was a call for Oprah to become president....a few years back....

candidates get sponsorship in the US from big players who stand to make a lot of money from a certain regime of government.

like "family first" and john howard - the christian democratic movement were sponsoring the howard campaign because he had a hard christian line on abortion, marriage etc and gave tax breaks to christian charities - where i believe traditionally tax breask were only allowed to locally run church charities...(happy to be corrected tho).

cheers.

Back