Peter Spann at S.I.G - 9 November

Geez, I hope I'm back in Sydney by then (still in Brissie at the moment). I'll be sure to check back and book as soon as I know "what's happening" with me...

Thanks, Ani - and yes, thanks Peter !!!!

Regards,

Hmm... I've been requested to go to Melbourne that week - but it is something I can avoid. Would be a pain, since the trip to Melbourne would be very interesting, but I am looking forward to hearing Peter speak, so I'd be keen to stick around in Sydney instead.

I have been in qld for the last week and saw this post (and saw Les at the Steve McKnight launch but thats another story).......count me in Ani - well done :) :) - oh and thanks Peter Spann :D

Book

Suggest all Peter Spann fans to take their Spann books with them. I am sure he will be happy to sign them for you.

Cheers,
The Y-man

Glebe said:
Can someone please explain to me the style of these gatherings? I love listening to presenters, but I'm not into the chit chat and mingling, so perhaps this is not for moi?

You can join me in the corner then Glebe =P

ani said:
DATE: Tuesday 9 November

TIME: 7.00pm for tea, coffee, chat
7.30pm start

SPEAKER: Peter Spann

VENUE: The Roxbury Bar
182 St Johns Rd
Glebe
(Blue Room upstairs to the right)

COST: Free

The pub has $5 "bangers and mash" on Tuesday nights if you want to eat first.

ALL WELCOME

Please RSVP this time either via PM or reply to the thread.

on street parking free after 6pm in some streets - check the signs!

please Reserve one seat for me .

Thanks

Julian :p

Can you send him an email and book 4 seats for me? I can't access somersoft
as my work internet access blocks the site.

Thanks

Otto

Hi peter,
My friend, otto he want 4 seats. Please count them in.

Thanks

Julian

Obviously a great response Ani,
Now just if BIG wasn't quite so expensive..... it started as your group is, as free.... sigh....
ab

Last edited:
astroboy said:
Obviously a great response Ani,
Now just if BIG wasn't quite so expensive..... it started as your group is, as free.... sigh....
ab

Better fly down to SIG, astro:D

Well Ani,
Maybe I should, the BIG group started, as I understand it, from fairly inoculous beginnings.
However, apparently, we became *BIG* and we could not function at a get together level at a convenient pub or club or similar.
BIG now *charges* approx $125 p.a. per member to meet at somewhere on the southside, was a school, but I think we have progressed to a private office, obviously property related (!) that imposes a fee !!
However meeting points such as the SYD, CBR and MLB groups promote are still at no cost (let alone annual membership fees).
We obviously have something flash happening here that is worth a premium.
What ever happened to a get together of a few like minded people over a beer or two in a relaxed atmosphere ???
astro

astroboy said:
However meeting points such as the SYD, CBR and MLB groups promote are still at no cost (let alone annual membership fees).
We obviously have something flash happening here that is worth a premium.
What ever happened to a get together of a few like minded people over a beer or two in a relaxed atmosphere ???
astro
The Canberra group does its best within its means, and we try to keep costs to a minimum. However, lack of a charge (or a minimal door charge) means that we limit our range somewhat. We've had some excellent speakers this year- but I'm afraid we're going to exhaust the range of people who will speak at minimal cost. And there have been several times when we have been caught short, and have had to contribute out of our own pockets- well, mostly Mr Ed's pocket.

BIG, as I understand, by charging fees, are able to offer a much more ambitious program.

The Canberra meetings came about to fill a hole when a group called Freestylers (which was nationwide) stopped functioning. The group was good- but even $160 pa per member was not enough to keep it solvent.

geoffw said:
The Canberra group does its best within its means, and we try to keep costs to a minimum. However, lack of a charge (or a minimal door charge) means that we limit our range somewhat. We've had some excellent speakers this year- but I'm afraid we're going to exhaust the range of people who will speak at minimal cost. And there have been several times when we have been caught short, and have had to contribute out of our own pockets- well, mostly Mr Ed's pocket.

BIG, as I understand, by charging fees, are able to offer a much more ambitious program.

The Canberra meetings came about to fill a hole when a group called Freestylers (which was nationwide) stopped functioning. The group was good- but even $160 pa per member was not enough to keep it solvent.

Geoff,

The committee at BIG (Brisvegas Investing Group :)) do a good job at at managing to keep the good speakers coming.
I don't think their cajoled with brown paper bags fill of money either, but they do walk away at nights end with a bottle of vino or something in the bag.
The venue is good and must cost a bit plus the usual tea/coffee etc.
I think incorporation and insurance fees take a fair chunk.

A86

Back