Peter Spann at S.I.G - 9 November

SteveL said:
Hi Ani,
We'd love to join in, there's 3 of us.

thanks/ Stevel

Steve - you just made it:)

The room is now full. Seats are reserved for all who replied to thread or PM'd me - just give your nick at the door:)

cya there
ani

SIG Meeting

Hello again everybody

Thank you all for your support. Maybe you need a bigger room???

I’ve really been “mulling” over what I am going to talk to you about.

As many of you know I can speak for literally days.

I was interested to know if there are any topics that people may particularly want me to address?

My preferences are always:

· Wealth Psychology

· Investing Strategy (the emphasis being on long term rather than tactical (short term) implementation)

· Success Psychology

I am happy to cover tips and tactics but think that my books probably cover that better (and I may even have copies of the 6 additional chapters update to Wealth Magic – retitled “From Broke to Multi-Millionaire in Just 7 Years” which is supposed to come off the presses early next week).

The other reason is that I am primarily a strategist. In public forums I am usually asked for "how to’s" (as they are called – tactics). Things like "how do I buy my first investment property", "should I borrow with interest only or P&I?" etc.

They are always crowd pleasers but you really can get them anywhere – books, magazines, internet research, cheapie seminars, and I believe they are also exceptionally well covered in this very forum.

My private clients pay me for wealth strategy, but it is also a tad cerebral so many people walk away from that style presentation interested but not thinking they have those all important “take homes” that speakers so love to give so they are well received. So you may like to weigh that in your consideration.

So, over to you all for opinions (you seem to be good at that J ). Of course I can’t promise that I will cover what you request but if there are any obvious trends I would be happy to include it.

See you all soon!

Cheers

PS

Peter Spann said:
Hello again everybody

Thank you all for your support. Maybe you need a bigger room???

I’ve really been “mulling” over what I am going to talk to you about.

As many of you know I can speak for literally days.

I was interested to know if there are any topics that people may particularly want me to address?

My preferences are always:

· Wealth Psychology

· Investing Strategy (the emphasis being on long term rather than tactical (short term) implementation)

· Success Psychology

I am happy to cover tips and tactics but think that my books probably cover that better (and I may even have copies of the 6 additional chapters update to Wealth Magic – retitled “From Broke to Multi-Millionaire in Just 7 Years” which is supposed to come off the presses early next week).

The other reason is that I am primarily a strategist. In public forums I am usually asked for "how to’s" (as they are called – tactics). Things like "how do I buy my first investment property", "should I borrow with interest only or P&I?" etc.

They are always crowd pleasers but you really can get them anywhere – books, magazines, internet research, cheapie seminars, and I believe they are also exceptionally well covered in this very forum.

My private clients pay me for wealth strategy, but it is also a tad cerebral so many people walk away from that style presentation interested but not thinking they have those all important “take homes” that speakers so love to give so they are well received. So you may like to weigh that in your consideration.

So, over to you all for opinions (you seem to be good at that J ). Of course I can’t promise that I will cover what you request but if there are any obvious trends I would be happy to include it.

See you all soon!

Cheers

PS

Seeing as you're appearing for nix maybe we don't have too much right to insist on what you cover! :D

But if you could, could you please address:

1) the magic moo cow :p
2) how you balance -ve gearing on a v.large portfolio vs income reliably (ie if you have a bad few months in options etc) and I suppose risk management generally
3) tips for scaling up in terms of property acquisition and financing... (eg how were you able to finance multiple properties when your income stream was through reno'ing and selling only...)
4) the joys of ferrari ownership... :cool:

Many thanks
N.

Um.......
1. how to find excellent investment opportunities
2. how to get started when you have neither capital nor cashflow
3. advanced strategies for investors these with little capital or cashflow (how to get into the market safely, productively and of coarse legally, without much money.
4. real examples of successful value adding (with photos)

can we get a ride in your ferrari?

Peter,

Okay, we've just arranged babysitting so we're coming on Tuesday!!! We're the "take-the-kid-to-the-park-and-eat-croissants- and-Nutella-while-reading-books" family.

Since you asked, we're interested in the following topics:

1) tips for scaling up in terms of property acquisition and financing... (eg how were you able to finance multiple properties when your income stream was through reno'ing and selling only...) - good idea NigelW!
2) What did you do when you felt you were maybe leaning too much away from greed and leaning too much towards being careful? What did you do to kick-start yourself into finding the "balance point" in the rate of property acquisition? We're in careful mode and wondering if we're being too careful. More a success psychology question.
3) Is the likelihood of exercised in options influenced by the number of options contracts you buy? ie. is buying one or two slightly worse than buying 10 or 20. How does the "who will be exercised?" selection process work in Australia? For instance, if 27 options are exercised, are they more likely to choose a group of 4,5,5,3,3,2,2,1 contracts owned in several small lumps instead of a group of 20,5,2 contracts?
4) Are you an extremely good budgeter? How important is that as an indicator of financial success?

That's all I can think of.

See you Tuesday.

Jireh and Michelle
aka Quintets

Peter Spann said:
Peter

Just as a personal preference- the sort of things I'd like to see would be things like

.The state of residential property today
.Where it's going in the short term
.Ideas on when and where positive changes will occur
.Where the good buying opportunities still exist
.Whether it's better to wait or to buy

And just a personal preference- you've covered some of the aspects of business ownership in the forum well, but it would be good to cover perhaps a few points of owning a business as a wealth building vehicle- pros and cons, from a personal point of view.

Thanks

Hi Ani,

I would like to thank you for getting Peter to say YES to come to talk to people on this forum
and Peter for being able to make it

It is so funny and it happens all the time
When you organize a monthly meeting there is only the regulars that turn up
and all of sudden you get Peter Spann to come along as a speaker
you get every tom dick and harry and sally saying yes 2 more or even 3 more

don't you feel great when they say that Ani?

Well done Ani

Regards
Jerry

GeoffW,
Some one at work left Peter Spann's new book on his desk. I grabbed it for a very quick stickey,(read).Flipping through the pages.
In the first two dozen pages,or so, he uses an example something like this.
"single mother,AT HOME, using equity in her home,borrows on a LOC loan
One hundred and forty thousand dollars. Buys THREE properties, PLUS twenty-five thousand dollars for each reno. Rents low for safety of having tenants. Each property is in the mid three hundred thousand dollar price range.
My brain starts saying HOLD-ON some thing's not right here.
As I won't be attending, would one of you attending, please point this example out for comment.
Thankyou.

bruham. :rolleyes:

Back