About men and women

Somersoft has a fantastic feature where if you go to somebody's username, select "View public profile" from the hover menu, under their name is another menu named "User Lists", and underneath the hover menu for that item is an option entitled "Add to ignore list".

Selecting this stops that person's posts from being displayed to you.

It's a useful feature. :)

Thank you Perp. I am doing that right now.;)

No, newbeautlife, I haven't taken it personally; I'm tired of his hateful views being publicly espoused. My personal views of him are not hateful views expressed of the whole male species--there is a difference.

I believe in freedom of speech. You can choose not to listen to him at any time.

To get this thread back on a blokesy line: I believe we should be doing more airstrikes against ISIS (or ISIL -whatever they call themselves) with a view to killing and maiming as many of these narrow minded religious fanatics as possible in the shortest space of time. I accept there will be collateral damage- even 8-12 year old boys just following Dad around.

My views will be repugnant to some. Should I be silenced?

Isn't it ironic the person being abused, 'denigrated' and insulted the most in this thread is Mr. Fabulous? :rolleyes:

Not really... he said earlier that "for a majority of the population in general, I am downright despicable", I think he has a pretty realistic understanding of himself and how people view him.

Why try to change the topic so dramitcally, CU @the top?
We're enjoying not being on the receiving end of the attacks for a brief moment. If you don't like it, you know what to do. Freedom of speech works both ways.

and underneath the hover menu for that item is an option entitled "Add to ignore list".

Selecting this stops that person's posts from being displayed to you.

It's a useful feature.
I've never put anyone on ignore here...

No matter what they say, or say about me, or to me; it's merely words, and they are anonymous and far away.

Many folks say annoying things; I'm probably the worst here, but eventually everyone offers something useful....even the trolls.

I keep 'em on purely for the entertainment. :D

No way are you in the same league as these creatures, BV.
Big difference between judging and disliking and bagging someone because of the gender they were born (or colour or religion or whatever) and being a bit bolshy someimes.

By the way, like your disclaimer :)

I'd say that's pretty offensive, insulting, menacing, humiliating and ridiculing :rolleyes:

Water off a duck's back, mate. I've been called (and threatened with) far, far worse than that.

clearly you have taken everything completely out of context and made it personal...embarrassing really.

Despite what certain people in this thread claim, I have kept my statements as factual and impersonal as possible. The statements I have made have been backed by evidence. If people wish to brush them off as lies, insinuations, insults, due to perceived abuse at the hands of a woman; as if I am somehow incapable of controlling my emotions, then they can do that, it's all good. As I said to redwing, facts are facts and nothing changes that.

I knew I'd read about 'The Game' and 'The Red Pill' somewhere before...

Mr Fab's alter ego isn't redditredpill by any chance, is it? http://www.businessinsider.com.au/the-red-pill-reddit-2013-8

What the ...? :eek:
I have lots of girlfriends, yet in decades of girl talk, I can safely say that I have never engaged in, or even heard women engage in, discussion about any of those three factors in terms of appraising a man's worth.

I have never in my life had a discussion with girlfriend about a man's penis size--never. It's not relevant and it's crass. 'Sex in the City' is not realistic.

Exactly. Never been discussed with any of my female friends.

Statistics can be manipulated to prove almost anything. Mr Fab can choose to live his life being angry at half the population and drag out all sorts of "facts" to support his view, all I can say is that is not the kind of life I'd like to be living. I'm just happy that the men in my life treat other people as the individuals they are, and with respect - regardless of gender.

Sweeping generalisations are like statistics - it might apply to a lot of people, but do you really want to live your life as a statistic?

FWIW, I know men whose wives have put them through tremendous emotional trauma/violence with the divorce/huge financial settlement. A family friend signed 80% of his assets to his wife as she justified to the courts she had to look after 2 kids, one kid is a drug addict since 14 and the other a schizophrenic since 16, so she got the lot. Sad story for him. He also put 300k in her superannuation, so that was hers and hers alone.

Women can take men to the cleaners when it comes to divorce or threat of divorce. I know of my neighbour's friend who is a concreter worth millions but he's dead scared his wife is going to divorce him and take his millions so he works like a mad man accumulating more concreting jobs. Now he's physically too ill to work because of the stress.

I live near a house that is run as an emergency accommodation for battered women. I see all kinds of women with young families pass through. The longest resident there now has 5 kids, the youngest are 8 and 9. The youngest girl is a cutie, the whole neighbourhood dotes on her.

My point is men AND women are capable of inflicting tremendous violence on each other, it doesn't have to be physical, it can be emotional as well.

It's a shame dex was banned for keeping it real. His posts were intelligent and insightful. Gotta admit there's a lot of men bashing going on here and it's a shame the mods aren't deleting the hateful sexist posts by the girls to keep it balanced. Misandry is the opposite of misogyny and there's a lot of it going on here.

FWIW, I know men whose wives have put them through tremendous emotional trauma/violence with the divorce/huge financial settlement. A family friend signed 80% of his assets to his wife as she justified to the courts she had to look after 2 kids, one kid is a drug addict since 14 and the other a schizophrenic since 16, so she got the lot. Sad story for him. He also put 300k in her superannuation, so that was hers and hers alone.

Women can take men to the cleaners when it comes to divorce or threat of divorce. I know of my neighbour's friend who is a concreter worth millions but he's dead scared his wife is going to divorce him and take his millions so he works like a mad man accumulating more concreting jobs. Now he's physically too ill to work because of the stress.

I live near a house that is run as an emergency accommodation for battered women. I see all kinds of women with young families pass through. The longest resident there now has 5 kids, the youngest are 8 and 9. The youngest girl is a cutie, the whole neighbourhood dotes on her.

My point is men AND women are capable of inflicting tremendous violence on each other, it doesn't have to be physical, it can be emotional as well.

kudos beanie girl, it's refreshing to see some females here who don't hate men and can post without ridiculing or making personal attacks.

Why try to change the topic so dramitcally, CU @the top?
We're enjoying not being on the receiving end of the attacks for a brief moment. If you don't like it, you know what to do. Freedom of speech works both ways.

Don't be such a drama queen, no-one is getting attacked.
Yes freedom of speech works both ways :rolleyes:

Despite what certain people in this thread claim, I have kept my statements as factual and impersonal as possible. The statements I have made have been backed by evidence. If people wish to brush them off as lies, insinuations, insults, due to perceived abuse at the hands of a woman; as if I am somehow incapable of controlling my emotions, then they can do that, it's all good. As I said to redwing, facts are facts and nothing changes that.

This is a great post and right on the money.

It's a shame dex was banned for keeping it real. His posts were intelligent and insightful.

No, a significant number of his posts were personal attacks or contained inappropriate material which goes against the forum rules.

He accumulated enough infractions to get himself banned temporarily - he will be allowed back on the forums after the ban is lifted in a few weeks.

it's a shame the mods aren't deleting the hateful sexist posts by the girls to keep it balanced

There are posts being deleted on both sides of the argument.

..so anyways yesterday I made some jam
I took 1/2 c raspberries
1 c blueberries
1 1/2 c pitted sweet cherries
1 1/2 spiced apple juice
3 T lemon juice

box of pectin
4 c sugar
Boiled hard 1 minute
Bottle it

...oooops sorry..I must have the wrong thread
:D :D :D