Unmarked Police motorbikes (Perth)

Based on a few posts on this thread; I can see the day arriving sooner than later whereby a motorist gets "distracted" by a road sign, or street light, etc - all put there for the motorists' benefit - and then has a crash.

The motorist then sues the State Gubb or whoever the relevant body is for causing the distraction; and wins the case!!

You may all laugh, but in our sick and no-responsibility world this will happen before long...one poster here on this thread is a definite candidate.

FFS. :rolleyes:

yes I can see that happening. At the Dunsborough boat ramp a friend once pointed out to me.... something to the tune of 19 signs telling you what you can't do. He had just come back from overseas and said it was quite confronting the amount of control and nannying here

developing that thought further, there is one road I know of that posts 60 as you head into a corner. If you do 60 you struggle to keep the car on the road. In this environment where all responsibility is advocated to the authorities and in the belief that "if you do the posted sign limits you won't get hurt, you won't grow old and you won't ever die" you would see a good argument there

developing that thought further, there is one road I know of that posts 60 as you head into a corner. If you do 60 you struggle to keep the car on the road. In this environment where all responsibility is advocated to the authorities and in the belief that "if you do the posted sign limits you won't get hurt, you won't grow old and you won't ever die" you would see a good argument there

A speed limit is exactly that, a limit. There is no requirement for anyone to do the maximum and unless someone is sufficiently incompetent they will recognize this and adjust their speed accordingly

A speed limit is exactly that, a limit. There is no requirement for anyone to do the maximum and unless someone is sufficiently incompetent they will recognize this and adjust their speed accordingly

no. it is reasonable to approach a corner in clear, dry conditions at the posted speed limit on the assumption that the road is engineered to actually be driven on at that speed.

no. it is reasonable to approach a corner in clear, dry conditions at the posted speed limit on the assumption that the road is engineered to actually be driven on at that speed.

disagree.

shoudl every corner around have defined lower speed limits to take into account people driving at the limit?

I saw an anmarked WRX Sti that pulled over someone on the freeway the other day on the way to the office.

Couldn't help wondering if it had been modified or was still stock and whether they could catch me in a chase *jokes*

Disclaimer: haven't had a demerit point loss in years.

You're being foolish now. Outside of racing sport professionals, no one can take a corner safely at 60.

I saw an anmarked WRX Sti that pulled over someone on the freeway the other day on the way to the office.

Couldn't help wondering if it had been modified or was still stock and whether they could catch me in a chase *jokes*

Disclaimer: haven't had a demerit point loss in years.

You'd be easy to catch. I've heard you've got lots of trails :cool:

I use it all the time and find it pretty useful. I just set it a few km below the limit and then just drive.

BINGO ! and I have to slow up or change lanes because I want to do the LEGAL limit !!!!! It's as bad as shopping trollies at Woolies . And a speed trap is just that, a TRAP to take your money. Visible police vehicles are more of a deterent.
I also ride a motorcycle in Queensland, All cops think I'm a vicious drug dealing Hells Angel, ....... Give me a break !!!!

disagree.

should every corner around have defined lower speed limits to take into account people driving at the limit?
Agree.

From my memory; many corners and bends out on country roads have a yellow sign indicating the speed to navigate that particular corner.

It is not so prevalent (if at all) in built-up areas from my memory.

Often/usually it is lower than the posted speed limit for that section of road, due to the tightness of the bend, surrounding terrain etc..

I have no problem with cops being out on the beat - unmarked or marked - it's a good thing.

Police presence in our community has many benefits on top of just road safety - it leads to better policing on all fronts - theft, vandalism, assault, community safety, incident response etc etc etc.

In any case, a real cop will pick up on all aspects of poor driving whereas a roadside camera only picks up one thing. It's about time we started seeing real police out there again instead of just cameras.

BTW The best revenge on revenue raising and the nanny state is to drive below the posted speed limit. If that is too hard, then perhaps driving isn't a good idea for you....

You're being foolish now. Outside of racing sport professionals, no one can take a corner safely at 60.

It's a bend for heaven sakes. you can't possibly know the speed limit is set too high until you are in it and fighting to stay on the correct side of the road

Back