• 45 - 55

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • 55 - 65

Votes: 17 10.3%
  • 65 +

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh Lil, blink and before you know it you will be 30+ with kids and a pet dog.
More likely a pet cat (or six). :eek: Maybe she'll own a cattery. :cool:
I flatter myself that Lil sounds a bit like me when I was her age, from what I know of her (which admittedly isn't a great deal, only from this forum).

Look maybe she'll be a Biggles instead of a Casserole. :D

LOL! I don't think she'll be a Biggle or a Casserole. She's Lil! One unique young lady. :D

Oh Lil, blink and before you know it you will be 30+ with kids and a pet dog.

I know, it has happened to me. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your youth. I loved being 18. Great age.

Hated 18. Best for me was between about 23-25.

Now 36, with a 40yo wife, (yes, I'm a toy boy) and 7- and 5- yo daughters... Life's good.

Enjoy your youth. I loved being 18. Great age.

Problem is i don't act 18, so i don't fit in with people my age and since moving to Melbourne i've cut off almost all my friends that are 18.

In fact in Sydney i now only talk to Nikki (18 although she found a boy and has gotten pre-occupied) Lizzie (18) Kim (18) Aislynn (17) Tim & Ben (19) and Amanda (20 although is more like 12) and any that i bump into when with these people, plus the only time i talk to them is every so often on Facebook or if i'm going up to Sydney.

At this very moment i'm sitting on the Boyfriend's couch whilst his friends are over having a couple of beers and watching the football, waiting for another one of his friends to turn up who i can talk to as it's a girl. So lucky me, sitting on the lounge on a Friday night sitting around with a bunch of 25 or so year olds, does this sound like an 18 year old to you? I don't.

Not necessarily, I'm in my 30's, no kids and no pets. I'm in denial thinking I'm still in my 20's.

I think even when i'm in my 30s with kids and pets i'll still think i'm in my 20s :D

Look maybe she'll be a Biggles instead of a Casserole. :D

Oh no, i plan to be married and with kids by the time i'm 30, and pets :)

I just hate being so young - it's such a drag, even more so working in such a professional environment, i think i'm going to start sprouting grey hairs soon..

LOL! I don't think she'll be a Biggle or a Casserole. She's Lil! One unique young lady. :D

I like that you called me unique, rather than *special* as you usually do :p

Hated 18. Best for me was between about 23-25.

I think i must agree, i don't like 18 but i can't wait to hit 22 or so!

Lil, I was just like that at 18. Me with my 25 'grown up' man and all his mates, and me totally immersed in the professional world (receptionist at serviced offices answering a huge switchboard). Living in the city, off to work in heels and suit, eating yum cha for lunch (it was the 90's) and drinking Moet. My 'friends' were mainly 23+ and certainly not my old school mates as I had totally moved into a different world.

Its looking back at it that I realised how good it all was, how much I loved it.

I do love my life now with my two little humans and my darling man, but alls I'm sayin' is: Try not to rush things, Lil, it does go pretty quick.

So no, you won't be a Casserole (that position is filled ;)), something unique... maybe a Lil bit Bigger Skater. :)

My 'friends' were mainly 23+ and certainly not my old school mates as I had totally moved into a different world.

Its looking back at it that I realised how good it all was, how much I loved it.

I do love my life now with my two little humans and my darling man, but alls I'm sayin' is: Try not to rush things, Lil, it does go pretty quick.

Lol, almost exactly what i'm doing at the moment.

24 year old man, professional job managing a huge switchboard, heels and suit and going to lunch with the bosses.

I love hanging out with my boyfriend's friends and i'm really happy with him, no question about that, just sucks because sometimes i miss being 18 but at the same time i hate being 18!!

I have realised in the last few months, how quick it has gone. I feel like i've been in Melbourne maybe a month or two - but in reality it's been 6 months. I admit when i'm older i'll probably look back at these posts and think how stupid i was to want to grow up too quickly, then at the same time i want to almost purely because i don't think or act like an 18 year old.

Absolutely agree! Take your time Lil and enjoy it, don't rush to being old. My friend told me people are arranging a 15 year school reunion... I still can't get over the fact there's been a 10 year one! :eek:

Lol, i don't see 24 or so as "old" (as much as i like to pay out the boyfriend for being old :D )

I can't wait for my school reunion, it will be interesting where people have gone..(especially the one that got "Most likely to succeed", thought she was royalty for it, but i got "Biggest flirt", "Miss Sporty" and "Best dressed" so i'm better :p Just kidding)

I estimate in the next 5 years at least half of the people i went to school with will have a child if not multiples and only about 5 of those with the partners or married, a quarter unemployed and on benefits and the rest just completing uni and starting off on my current wage and maybe 3 or so of us doing well for ourselves - financially, emotionally, physically etc.

I'm 23 and can't really imagine being in a relationship with a 18yr old. Their is a guy @ my work place that is 26 and is dating an 18yr old... i personally think its weird but yeah each to their own

I know what you mean. At 17 I'd never gone out of my age only one guy who was a year older than me.

Then I met this guy, when I met him however I was 17, had a boyfriend and lived interstate and neither of us ever saw anything happening and I thought it was wrong and had a very biased view about older guys - I used to sayid never date anyone more than 2 years older etc. A year ago I never thought I'd be dating a 24 year old, but here I am dating a 24 year old and I don't care anymore - i'm happy and that's what matters. (hopefully he's happy too!)

Plus I don't think he ever thought he'd end up with an 18 year old at his age either, I know he really wasn't keen on the idea for a while. Yeah, yeah I know I'm the sk**k that approached him :p

I'm 23 and can't really imagine being in a relationship with a 18yr old. Their is a guy @ my work place that is 26 and is dating an 18yr old... i personally think its weird but yeah each to their own

This could be because all the 18 year olds you have met act like they are 18 years old. At 23, it would not be unusual to have a girlfriend of 18.

Most boys are less mature than the girls of the same age. A lot of young girls go out with boys a couple of years older than them. In Lil's case, she is more mature than her 18 years, and would easily fit into a group older than her physical years. It makes sense that she would be attracted to someone a few years older than most.

Personally I think age is irrelevant, so long as you are both on the same wave length and have a similar maturity level. A gap of 5 or six years really isn't a lot, especially as you get older.

Is the guy at your work immature? Or is his girlfriend mature for her age? Or is he a bit of a sleeze who gets his rocks off telling everyone how old his girlfriend is?

Is the guy at your work immature? Or is his girlfriend mature for her age? Or is he a bit of a sleeze who gets his rocks off telling everyone how old his girlfriend is?

just like to point out, with this in mind. My boyfriend isn't a sleeze as much is he likes picking on me and says things like "that's awesome" about having an 18 year old girlfriend - he only says it because he knows it'll get a reaction out of me. He is quite an awesome guy and for those who know him, they will all agree :)

Absolutely agree! Take your time Lil and enjoy it, don't rush to being old. My friend told me people are arranging a 15 year school reunion... I still can't get over the fact there's been a 10 year one! :eek:

It is my 10yr reunion this saturday. Would have loved to go, but didn't fancy a 12hr drive with three kids and no DH (he is away with army reserves). :rolleyes:
Oh well. My main group of friends from highschool wouldn't have been there anyway - most of them are living a significant distance from where we went to high school, some are currently abroad.

It does make you think about things though. DH and I have accomplished so much since then (we got together back in high school). And yet at the same time it doesn't sound impressive at all. :D

High School was seriously the most fun ever. So much partying and drinking and very little actual attendance at school. It feels like it was just yesterday....

I'm 28 and the Husband is 38 :) it annoys the crap out of him when I remind him of the decade difference.
Scary thing though was a good friend inferring that I was old enough to join a certain age category of cyclists (females over 30) - this was two years ago - there was the "oh I just assumed because of your husbands age".

Best years - 22 -25 - working in some great places, enjoying life, possibly a bit too much sport though.

Back