• 45 - 55

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • 55 - 65

Votes: 17 10.3%
  • 65 +

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Totally agree with skater re the age thing.

Just to add though, a 15yr difference between say a 30yr old and a 45yr old isn't much at all. Whilst the same difference between an 18yr old and a 33yr old - I would be questioning the ethics in most cases...but it really would need to be judged on a case by case basis.

Incidently there is 10yrs between my elder sister and her DH - and they are honestly made for each other. I have had another friend who met his now wife when he was 22yrs old and she was 33yrs old: they honestly didn't realise the size of the gap until later when they were already seriously involved.

I can understand a guy going out with someone a bit younger, but I can't understand the lady on Cougars... she is 40+ and has a sister in her 60s and she wants to date teens / 20 year old guys. I think this is actually getting a bit wrong

With age gaps I think theres a comfortable period in the mid 20's to 40's where it is not at all odd within a normal couple. However if you do want to embark down this route it is good to remember that you need to not only consider how it affects the couple now, but how will it affect the couple when you have say one partner in their early 70's, while the other is late 50's.

There's a distinct bulge in the youth category in this poll. And only one vote over 65.

It seems we are comparatively lacking in "old hands" in property investing in this poll and on the forum more generally. :(

I guess it begs the question why would you be here when you could be sailing instead? Perhaps it's only those without the yacht/s yet who still have the inclination to hang around here? :p

There's a distinct bulge in the youth category in this poll. And only one vote over 65.

It seems we are comparatively lacking in "old hands" in property investing in this poll and on the forum more generally. :(

It could also be reflection of the medium; many of the old Greek and Italian gentleman that Dazz speaks of, for example, may not be active on many website at all?

As for myself, I'm 24; some days I feel much older though (having staff will do that, I'm told), and others, much younger :D.

On the sub-topic of this thread, the gf is a few years younger than I, but we find that works nicely for us.

Maths

I can understand a guy going out with someone a bit younger, but I can't understand the lady on Cougars... she is 40+ and has a sister in her 60s and she wants to date teens / 20 year old guys. I think this is actually getting a bit wrong

Ausprop, it is pure maths ........

20 goes into 40 more times than 40 into 20;)

It could also be reflection of the medium; many of the old Greek and Italian gentleman that Dazz speaks of, for example, may not be active on many website at all?

That's the first thing I thought of too (I'm of European background).

An Australian friend aged 60 who both parents and herself invested in property for most of their working lives, said that shares and other 'paper' investments, or large commercial (for the more wealthy) investing were far more popular and favoured by Australians years ago.

Infact her Dr. ex husband who she divorced 25 years ago found resi investing distasteful (? an immigrant practice) and didn't particularly like her dealing with it.

There's only one of you, that makes you roolly roolly special! :)

Unless , my wifey and daughter went racing up to talk to me one day at the market but I didn't know who they were b/c it wasn't me. They both swore , same cloths , goaty , he even had on my beach hat.

It really shook them up and even when he didn't know who they were , they still weren't sure about him !

How bizarre would that be , kinda spoooky !!!!

Cheers

Back